Confirmed with Link: The Purge: Bergevin, Timmins & Wilson out. Jeff Gorton in. (Part 2)

Jul 6, 2016
With what Molson said, I think it's safe to assume someone like Kim St-Pierre (who had an article about her on the Habs' website today...) or Ouellette will have a role in the next admin. Probably something like Director of player personnel or Player development and groom that person.

Which is a good thing.

Caroline Ouellette, Danielle Seauvageau or St-Pierre could be very good candidates for a job

Reactions: SwiftyHab

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

More damning evidence of the Bergevin-Timmins-Lefebvre reign.

He didn't say anything bad about Timmins though, in fact he said the opposite in saying he made good picks

“I think every draft year Timmins and the scouts did a good job of selecting the best players, but then it's how you develop them, how you give them confidence and time that I think poses. problem.
“In my draft year, everyone was talking about a really strong vintage with Charles Hudon, Sebastian Collberg and Dalton Thrower, but in the end, there is none that really broke through.
“The same after in 2013 and 2014 with the Scherbak, the McCarron, players with great potential. Have they been well developed? I think the question arises. ”

though my favorite quote,

“You have to be patient and put the players in good conditions,” says Bozon. Play them to their full potential and don't try to turn talented players into plumbers. ”

f***ing well said there, 100% what the Habs shouldn't have done. Lets put Galchenyuk with DLR, or Scherbak on the 4th line to make them better people. What a f***ing joke.

The same team that drafted said D level prospect......it is what is eh.........

He wasn't a D level prospect when drafted, but after he got sick I guess he wasn't the same. In his draft year (that's when he first came over) and his D+1 he had 72 goals and 162 pts in 140 games. But when he turned pro, he just wasn't very good in the AHL and really hasn't done much since though this looks to be his best season in the Swiss league but even then it's nothing special.

So I don't know if it was being sick or just peaked but he was a solid pick at the time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
CAN'T wait for the hammer to start to fall. and trades start happening

It’s an exciting time. Having a point man like Gorton is a game changer. However, he needs to be free to do his job and be allowed to be what he is best at. Let’s see smart new appointments as GM, AGM and head of scouting.

Two things I’d look for are no appointments at high level positions for anyone having acted within the previous regime.

And the second is no ownership handcuffs about having the team be competitive every season or how management can only do a quick turnaround reset. Let your management determine what course of action is best based on hockey rationale.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
CAN'T wait for the hammer to start to fall. and trades start happening
Gives me similar feelings to when the Leafs brought in Lou/Shanahan. Exciting time to be a fan for sure, so much hope for the first time in ages.

Always had a soft spot for Montréal, spent about 5 years living in Ottawa when I went to uni there. Good luck fellas.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He didn't say anything bad about Timmins though, in fact he said the opposite in saying he made good picks

though my favorite quote,

f***ing well said there, 100% what the Habs shouldn't have done. Lets put Galchenyuk with DLR, or Scherbak on the 4th line to make them better people. What a f***ing joke.

He wasn't a D level prospect when drafted, but after he got sick I guess he wasn't the same. In his draft year (that's when he first came over) and his D+1 he had 72 goals and 162 pts in 140 games. But when he turned pro, he just wasn't very good in the AHL and really hasn't done much since though this looks to be his best season in the Swiss league but even then it's nothing special.

So I don't know if it was being sick or just peaked but he was a solid pick at the time.

Losing 40 pounds and in a coma definitely didn't help.

Similar how to Reway barely couldn't do ANY physical activities for a year at 21-22 and now at 26 years old is still far from the level of when he was 18-21 years old. From over 1 PPG in the Czech/Swiss league to 0.5 ppg in the Czech 2nd league.

Reactions: montreal

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
it might not be day one
with the xmas freeze coming it could be new year, but exiting forsure a clean up is due
but send CC back to laval , let him season

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
Screenshot2021120118.jpg

Seriously... f@%k the media here. This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Screenshot2021120118.jpg

i took the time to watch Boucher's intervention. I really don't see why you are furious about what he said ; it's a very articulated opinion, he gives facts ( The team just made the Finals, we didn't saw the complete roster yet because the injuries and the addition of price, Edmunston, Byron , Hoffman will put other players in their right seat. )
He also talked about what Habs need; a dman, and a forward and also talked about the fans wanting to trade all the players ( mostly the ones they don't like for a super return).

Fans that want a total rebuild will need to realize that it takes a lot of time to go that way. I totally agree with him; Habs made a reset 2-3 years ago and all the drafts selections Bergevin have added are even not already with the team and you already want to rebuild ? we don't even know what kind of impacts those players will have. The only thing i know right now, is that a lot of them are dominating their league.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Screenshot2021120118.jpg

Boucher should stick to coaching critiques. He becomes a Norman Flynn when he’s being asked about management type questions.

The guy is completely lost using last season’s run by the Habs in the playoffs that only became possible thanks to a makeshift Covid division that involved them feasting on weak teams like the Canucks in order to bolster their regular season performance. Everyone knew that the performance they achieved last season could never be duplicated when divisions reverted to normal.

Of course, injuries have played a role but their descent has been far too precipitous this season. It’s a poorly constructed team with too many resources allocated to mediocre players. This is what is before you Boucher, stop with the “this is a team that made it to the Stanley Cup Finals last season” BS. You can’t retool from a weak foundation.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There's no incentive to do everything we can just so we end up gifting an 11th overall to the Hurricanes. Whatever the term used to describe what comes afterwards, this 21-22 season has to be written off. There's no other way.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Screenshot2021120118.jpg

This is why Guy Boucher can't find a job anymore and that Martin Lemay thinks people from regions can't speak french or english somehow.
Martin Lemay said Bergevin was 1 of the best GM we ever had , this guy is a complete moron and I love roasting him on Twitter when he replies back on stupid stuff.

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Losing 40 pounds and in a coma definitely didn't help.

Similar how to Reway barely couldn't do ANY physical activities for a year at 21-22 and now at 26 years old is still far from the level of when he was 18-21 years old. From over 1 PPG in the Czech/Swiss league to 0.5 ppg in the Czech 2nd league.

A lot of Habs prospects have had crazy bad injury luck during the past regime.

is it a common theme around the league? Are we/these prospects unlucky or were the scouts missing some things about the players?

Reactions: EXPOS123

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
A lot of Habs prospects have had crazy bad injury luck during the past regime.

is it a common theme around the league? Are we/these prospects unlucky or were the scouts missing some things about the players?

I don't think I've ever seen a team get prospects with two prospects getting life-altering diseases within a 4 year period. The 2012/2013 draft were cursed with Bozon/Reway struck by disease and Thrower/Crisp concussed to oblivion. Add to that Galchenyuk's leg injuries (at least two knees I believe) and Nygren quitting due to Hamilton and they ended being terrible draft years.

Of course, there have been worse instance like NYR Cherepanov dying at 19 years old from an heart failure.

Reactions: ZUKI and montreal

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Correct. I think having an emotional connection to the Habs has been a detriment. I want someone who strictly makes business decisions that will bring us closer to winning the cup.

If you read the quote from I think Chariot, MB was a player's GM, he was buddy buddy with them. That's exactly the kind of thing I DON'T want in a GM. He's the boss and his job is to make the best team possible, not to be your buddy.

How about Serge Savard. You can bleed red, white and blue yet have the wisdom to to do what must be done. Savard cared about the players but was not buddy-buddy with them.

Caring about the club makes you work extra hard to turn them into a winning team.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
And that's why, Rick Peters, as qualified as he may be...isn't the right fit for *this* job.

Like you said, Molson and the Montreal Canadiens should want to establish an identity, a way of doing things...clearly, this language issue isn't going away. We have to accept that reality and given the Montreal Canadiens unique place in the NHL, it makes complete sense.

This is a silly analogy but if one day the NHL expanded to Mexico, you better believe that spanish is going to be a big factor in their hiring practices. That's normal. (like I said, silly analogy but i'm just trying to draw parallels).

So back to your point about a white dude in his mid-50s called Rick Peters...this job isn't for him and that's OK.

No doubt, I wasn't suggesting otherwise...but that's what makes this job unique and someone whose capable of doing that.

I know people like to say that the Montreal Canadiens hiring practices, narrows the field of qualified candidates...but that's not necessarily a bad thing, you want to narrow your field in order to identify not only the best qualified, but the best *fit*.

All of what you're saying above is 100%...but that's also why Rick Peters, wouldn't be the right man for this job.

I think it's authentic, if you're targeting the right candidate - he/she would want that.

This isn't the Dallas Stars or the Carolina Hurricanes.

It's the Montreal Canadiens, like it or not, the GM has to speak to the public and answer questions in both languages.

The organization can do 2 things.

1. Completely ignore their market's needs and hire an English unilingual GM
2. Find creative ways to incorporate hiring the best candidate while also respecting the uniqueness of their market

I prefer option 2 and as a Haitian/Franco-Ontarian, I couldn't careless what language the GM speaks but I respect those who live in the Province of Quebec that think and believe it's important to them.

I agree. Going to Mexico is a good analogy and something I wanted to bring up, myself. You have to be able to speak the local language. Imagine the province has 8 million people and the Habs are one of most important iconic things in it, it's basically the national team for the Province. On that 8 million, at least 7. 5 of them speaks French. You have to be able to speak to them. The Habs GM is almost as important as the Quebec PM.

Reactions: ZUKI and 417

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Boucher should stick to coaching critiques. He becomes a Norman Flynn when he’s being asked about management type questions.

The guy is completely lost using last season’s run by the Habs in the playoffs that only became possible thanks to a makeshift Covid division that involved them feasting on weak teams like the Canucks in order to bolster their regular season performance. Everyone knew that the performance they achieved last season could never be duplicated when divisions reverted to normal.

Of course, injuries have played a role but their descent has been far too precipitous this season. It’s a poorly constructed team with too many resources allocated to mediocre players. This is what is before you Boucher, stop with the “this is a team that made it to the Stanley Cup Finals last season” BS. You can’t retool from a weak foundation.
Crazy how people use Covid to try to erase the fact that Habs were in the finals. You bring that without the covid the Habs wouldn't have been in the Playoffs, because we were too low in the standing . But in fact it could be turned the other way; Habs, because of the Covid, were forced to play more games in a short time than any team. They were playing game every 2 days and that for weeks. Of course they finished lower in the ranking.

Telling us that Boucher should stick to coaching critiques, that he's lost, is a lot presumptuous. I don't know who you are , but Boucher isn't a Jean Perron or a Michel Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad