Confirmed with Link: The Purge: Bergevin, Timmins & Wilson out. Jeff Gorton in. (Part 2)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He could probably have dropped "importante".

True enough. Who knows if Gélinas was merely being sarcastic or did it not to antagonize the guy. Gélinas generally takes a measured approach, he's not known to be confrontational.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Wonder if Molson will sit there next to Gorton for the duration of the PC or just for the intro?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Would be a good idea if Molson stays with him for the duration.
I suspect he’ll stick around to send a message ..

upload_2021-12-2_17-53-44.gif

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You don’t want a Pierre-Olivier Zappa showing up and start asking Jeff Gorton questions in French just to make him look bad in front of the camera like that Air Canada CEO. :laugh:

If Molson is smart he will be with Gorton in case a smartass tries to pull that move.

WhoAreYou99

Oct 14, 2021
I would hope that with the realization that Geoff Gorton only speaking to the media 1-2 a year, and his apparent willingness to learn some french, LaPresse, TVA, and RDS will cut him some slack. Unfortunately, until Geoff Gorton decides to retire or move on to another team, I suspect that the media will complain of "the french manager under the boot of the english president".

The irony is that all of the journalists who are complaining that they hired an anglophone vice-president, seem to be at a loss when it comes to thinking of francophone candidates for the position. Some of these same journalists are actually writing about how great of a background he has, but then "his lack of french" takes over the narrative.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I don't see the sense of a press conference until a gm is chosen, expect platitudes and generalizations.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You don’t want a Pierre-Olivier Zappa showing up and start asking Jeff Gorton questions in French just to make him look bad in front of the camera like that Air Canada CEO. :laugh:

If Molson is smart he will be with Gorton in case a smartass tries to pull that move.
It certainly will happen. That’s a given.

Reactions: Runner77

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I would hope that with the realization that Geoff Gorton only speaking to the media 1-2 a year, and his apparent willingness to learn some french, LaPresse, TVA, and RDS will cut him some slack. Unfortunately, until Geoff Gorton decides to retire or move on to another team, I suspect that the media will complain of "the french manager under the boot of the english president".

The irony is that all of the journalists who are complaining that they hired an anglophone vice-president, seem to be at a loss when it comes to thinking of francophone candidates for the position. Some of these same journalists are actually writing about how great of a background he has, but then "his lack of french" takes over the narrative.
TVA more than RDS. TVA and their mothership are desperate for juicy controversies because ratings and readership are down. This suits them well.

Reactions: the

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Over under on that should be set to about 5 questions on language or no language. Someone is going to ask him if he will take French speaking lessons I am sure. I feel bad for Gorton and what they are going to throw at him.
Sure but it was probably already discussed with Molson, Gorton is pretty much aware of that now. He's just gonna respond: "yeah I'll try to learn for sure!" so they can shut the f*** up.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The first question is in French and Molson starts to answer and Gorton says "it's okay Mr Molson, I got this" then goes on to speak for 5 minutes straight in perfect French and every journalist gets up and walks out of the room.

Or, Gorton speaks through a device that provides immediate translation in French and the usual clowns are sent scrambling.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
TVA more than RDS. TVA and their mothership are desperate for juicy controversies because ratings and readership are down. This suits them well.

He didn’t specifically name names, but I was listening to Marc Antoine Godin and he was pretty much saying how fans don’t care. The politics here for the position are all media driven.

Oh well, it is what it is. Gorton’s got a lot of experience and has worked in big hockey markets so I’m sure he can handle the heat.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The first question is in French and Molson starts to answer and Gorton says "it's okay Mr Molson, I got this" then goes on to speak for 5 minutes straight in perfect French and every journalist gets up and walks out of the room.

Or, Gorton speaks through a device that provides immediate translation in French and the usual clowns are sent scrambling.

LMAO! Bravo to you both. I legit laughed out loud here and my daughter was wondering what was wrong with me.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He didn’t specifically name names, but I was listening to Marc Antoine Godin and he was pretty much saying how fans don’t care. The politics here for the position are all media driven.

Oh well, it is what it is. Gorton’s got a lot of experience and has worked in big hockey markets so I’m sure he can handle the heat.
I miss MAG on this forum. In the old days, he was OK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad