Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Robertson has torn up the OHL two seasons in a row. Why not give him a look in the NHL next season? They are in desperate need for offense, and 19 year old players are scoring in the NHL.

Take a look at another example. The Blackhawks had Alex DeBrincat tear up the OHL last season. He was a second round pick the season before Robertson. He made the jump to the NHL this season and has had a great rookie season. It can be done.

Debrincat did also score 40 points more in 4 fewer games and that was his 3rd 100+ point season in as many years. I would like to see Robertson get a look next year but I dont think its fair to compare him to Debrincat.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My comparison is to say it happens. Guys under 21 are contributing all over the NHL. If Nill never gives any forward a shot, then we’ll never know.

The only youngish forwards Nill has given a chance were one dude with a stupid contract situation with the KHL and a young Swede who was supremely responsible in his own end.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Small + already went undrafted once.

He should have been drafted last year and will get drafted this year but it will be a mid to late pick thanks to those 2 things
Oh I didn’t realize he was eligable last year . Makes a little more sense .

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Karlstrom, just looking at raw totals looks to be pretty bad. 2 goals in 35 games? I know it's a top league but yikes.

Caamano's goal total took a sharp drop this year since his trade, but I'm not going to be pretend I watch any OHL games to say why. He looks to be on a pretty deep offensive team so maybe there are only so many goals to go around (his APG has gone up). But he was a 5th rounder after all so if he even makes the NHL, that is a bonus.

I watched Caamano last night in Hamilton's first playoff game, where they won 6-3. Caamano was notable but not dominating, played on the second line and second power play unit. He got plenty of shots off and had plenty of hits, and was one of the most physical players on Hamilton. Robert Thomas, the St.Louis 1st round pick from 2017 was absolutely phenomenal, you could tell he was a better than the rest in terms of skill and hockey IQ, which is likely why he went in the first round. So overall, not overly impressed but not disappointed with Caamano's game. I'll try to give a little more input the more games I watch of him, I have the luxury of living in Hamilton to I can watch the Hamilton playoff run with ease. I'll also give an update on some undrafted prospects later, some of which have already stuck out to me.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I watched Caamano last night in Hamilton's first playoff game, where they won 6-3. Caamano was notable but not dominating, played on the second line and second power play unit. He got plenty of shots off and had plenty of hits, and was one of the most physical players on Hamilton. Robert Thomas, the St.Louis 1st round pick from 2017 was absolutely phenomenal, you could tell he was a better than the rest in terms of skill and hockey IQ, which is likely why he went in the first round. So overall, not overly impressed but not disappointed with Caamano's game. I'll try to give a little more input the more games I watch of him, I have the luxury of living in Hamilton to I can watch the Hamilton playoff run with ease. I'll also give an update on some undrafted prospects later, some of which have already stuck out to me.

Thanks. That's great info.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Kyle Connor with his 28th last night. Phew glad Nill avoided that disaster! Guryanov scored as well giving him back to back 15 goals seasons in the AHL. Good job young man!

:(

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Kyle Connor with his 28th last night. Phew glad Nill avoided that disaster! Guryanov scored as well giving him back to back 15 goals seasons in the AHL. Good job young man!

:(
He had 12 goals last season, 15 goals is his new career high in the A. I feel bad for the kid, he should not have the pressure of being such a high draft pick, was the biggest stretch of the Nill era. The rest of the first round picks you could argue were picked about where they were generally ranked, although I disagree with a few of them. But I would not mind seeing Guryanov and Hintz up for a few games just to see what they can do in the NHL, seeing that the games at the end here are meaningless.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He had 12 goals last season, 15 goals is his new career high in the A. I feel bad for the kid, he should not have the pressure of being such a high draft pick, was the biggest stretch of the Nill era. The rest of the first round picks you could argue were picked about where they were generally ranked, although I disagree with a few of them. But I would not mind seeing Guryanov and Hintz up for a few games just to see what they can do in the NHL, seeing that the games at the end here are meaningless.

Pressure? He plays in Texas.. no one has a f***ing clue who he is. Literally zero pressure.

Reactions: Vesna

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Pressure? He plays in Texas.. no one has a ****ing clue who he is. Literally zero pressure.
He's a 12th overall pick, and the only 1st round pick on the team. That is pressure. Being that high of a pick he is expected to dominate the league.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Heiskanen has 3 assists in his first Liiga playoff game so far, game is 3-3 going into overtime.

Edit: Update : HIFK lost 4-3 in overtime.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
If heiskanen gets eliminated from Liiga playoffs they should call him up for the last couple games .

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Jake Oettinger stopped 30 of 31 to upset Cornell in the regional Semi-finals and will play the winner of Michigan and North-Eastern in the finals, to see who will get a spot for the Frozen Four. The guy seems pretty clutch.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Jake Oettinger stopped 30 of 31 to upset Cornell in the regional Semi-finals and will play the winner of Michigan and North-Eastern in the finals, to see who will get a spot for the Frozen Four. The guy seems pretty clutch.
You know who else was one of the clutcheist goalies in youth history ?

Jack Campbell .....

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
His world juniors play and everything that led up to that before being drafted was insanely clutch .... literally 4 years of being clutch.

He was one of the first goalie prospects in the last decade to show so much promise.

Just because he never panned out dosnt discreted the fact about his game

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Campbell is an athletic goaltender with great reflexes. He never gives up on plays and competes hard on every shot. Sometimes he overplays the on-coming rush and can get into trouble. Campbell has a very good glove and blocker. He stickhandles very well and is a fine outlet passer. A big pressure goalie during this junior carer, he shows up majorly in big game situations, loves to compete, has a winning attitude with confidence and is always looking to improve. As with many young goalies Campbell is still inconsistent at times but should allow fewer untimely soft goals as he continues to mature.

Read more at Hockey's Future - Jack Campbell

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
“A big pressure goalie during his junior carer, he shows up majorly in big game situations, loves to compete, has a winning attitude with confidence and is always looking to improve”

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
“Campbell is the best goalie available in the draft. Very strong technically, he takes up a lot of space in the net and finds ways to win games, especially big games, such as the Gold Medal Game at the World Juniors as a 17 year old. He could go a lot higher if a team decides they want to step up and take a goalie. He'll be joining the Windsor Spitfires next year”

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
You can look at scouts to bloggers to coaches

Campbell was considers Mr clutch and would always make that big save

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad