Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
What now for him? It's been impossible to get a read on his development.

No word yet.

I'm going to guess he's picked up by a different Czech team. Or possibly he'll go to another European league.

I can't see him coming to the CHL as an overaged import rookie and I can't see him being AHL ready given his poor Extraliga performance.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I remember people liking Anthony since it was a swing for the fences skill pick. But by the time his junior career ended I thought many were disappointed in his lack of progress. I know I was against signing him at the time.

Friesen might have been the most hyped of the bunch but a big part of that was due to his physical two-way game.

Anthony at least saw something of a bump in his 19yo year, and a 6'3" or whatever guy who isn't chopping the puck in half is always an enticing piece for GMs if he's showing some progression and a willingness to play away from the puck. Friesen always projected as a pesky 4th line centre/system player.

Both those guys are kind of examples that show how guys who don't give you that clear, major progression post-draft more-or-less never go on to "put it all together" as pros. The learning curve that their competition are on is so steep that these players almost inevitably find themselves left behind if they hit the pro game and you're still waiting for them to learn the basics they they should have figured out in junior when their tools gave them a safety net.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
With the talk about David Kampf signing today, I thought I'd point out that Jasek still projects to be a better player than him.

Jasek is the most underrated Canucks prospect based on typical projections. Size might be his biggest limitation but he's hardly small.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
With the talk about David Kampf signing today, I thought I'd point out that Jasek still projects to be a better player than him.

Jasek is the most underrated Canucks prospect based on typical projections. Size might be his biggest limitation but he's hardly small.

I don't see how that's the case. He had absolutely atrocious production in the Czech league, wasn't able to establish himself in the top Czech league and is an undersized offensive prospect.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I don't see how that's the case. He had absolutely atrocious production in the Czech league, wasn't able to establish himself in the top Czech league and is an undersized offensive prospect.

All at a younger age. Kampf is 2.5 years older. Look at their respective productions the past couple of years in their other leagues. Almost no 19 year olds are "establishing" themselves in the Czech top men's league. It's rare and they probably would have went top-10 in the draft (see Necas)

Here is a list of U19 top Czech league players this year.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...mname=&nation=&nationname=&age=u19&prospects=

Jasek has played way more games than almost all of these players too. He is a wiry kid so he needs to bulk. Go look at some pics of him.

I hope he comes over and plays a year of junior. That would be best for him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Does anyone know the story on what position Griffin Molino actually plays?....Cap Friendly and Elite Prospects have him listed as a centre.....certainly skates well enough to be at centre, but obviously Willie always seemed to want to start his young guys on the wing...but does he eventually get a look in the middle, either in VanCity or Utica?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Does anyone know the story on what position Griffin Molino actually plays?....Cap Friendly and Elite Prospects have him listed as a centre.....certainly skates well enough to be at centre, but obviously Willie always seemed to want to start his young guys on the wing...but does he eventually get a look in the middle, either in VanCity or Utica?
He's a left wing, and I think he has a good chance considering Green named him when talking about young players they have

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Any word about Brett McKenzie signing a contract?
He signed an ATO with Utica for the playoffs, but I'm
not sure if he actually played. He scored a PPG of 1.00
this past season as a 19-20 year old on a very mediocre team
(all the forwards except for him were undrafted, I believe).
Might make a decent AHL forward, at very least. Or he
might be an up-and-down 4th line NHLer. Good size and
wheels, with a nose for the net.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep....the writing was on the wall for both Olson and Neill when they went out and signed Chatfield and were linked to over-ager Darren Raddysh....I guess the Canucks monitored their development and didn't project them as NHL players....happens with late round picks.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Any word about Brett McKenzie signing a contract?
He signed an ATO with Utica for the playoffs, but I'm
not sure if he actually played. He scored a PPG of 1.00
this past season as a 19-20 year old on a very mediocre team
(all the forwards except for him were undrafted, I believe).
Might make a decent AHL forward, at very least. Or he
might be an up-and-down 4th line NHLer. Good size and
wheels, with a nose for the net.

I haven't seen anything indicating the Canucks are interested in signing McKenzie any time soon.

My guess is he'll go back for his overage season and the Canucks will make a decision next year.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Zhukenov, Neil, Jasek, and Olson comes up nothing in 2 yrs
Stuke, Abols, and McKenzie (honestly he should go on Valk road) on a same path with Candella's regressed yr

at least first high few picks are on a right track
there r too much bodies going to bust status already and they havent even tested in the pro level yet
the Utica team is going to suffer from lack of depth esp in forward yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad