Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat Nov 19

AHL

Rochester 1 Utica 2
Bachman 15 saves on 16 shots (Demko 4 saves on 4 shots)

Curtis Valk (7) ASST: Jake Virtanen (1), Darren Archibald (3)
Cole Cassels (2) ASST: Joseph LaBate (4) (SH)

ECHL

Alaska 5 Wichita 0
Moynihan 2 goals (2nd, 3rd), +2 (selected 1st star)
Stewart 0 points, +2
Garteig 36 saves on 36 shots (selected 2nd star)

NCAA

Northeastern 4 Providence 5
Gaudette 1 goal (7th), 1 assist, -2

North Dakota 3 St. Cloud State 0
Boeser 2 assists, +1

OHL

London 8 Niagara 2
Juolevi 1 goal (3rd), +1

Hamilton 1 Sault Ste. Marie 4
Candella 0 points, -1

QMJHL

Drummondville 6 Sherbrooke 5
Neill 1 goal (4th), 2 assists, +1 (selected 3rd star)

Charlottetown 3 Cape Breton 5
Brisebois 0 points, +1

Chicoutimi 2 Victoriaville 5
Zhukenov 0 points, -2

WHL

Calgary 4 Kootenay 2
Stukel 1 assist, +2

S_C

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Garteig with his first pro shutout tonight. It's the ECHL but he is putting up a nice 0.930 after a pretty rough start in his first few games.

Probably on his way to Utica as I type this.

Bachman had to be helped off the ice with 6:57 remaining in the 3rd period of Utica's 2-1 victory over the Rochester Americans. He went down to make a save and curled up writhing in pain. Trainer with him for several minutes before helping him to his feet and players assisted him on the short distance from the crease to the gate where others assisted him in walking down the hallway to the training room. Didn't look like he'd be getting right back out on the ice any time soon.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Neill probably won't be signed and would cease to become Canuck property on June 1.

Really? How does that work? I thought they had 4 years like Vesey with the Sabres?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really? How does that work? I thought they had 4 years like Vesey with the Sabres?

2 years for CHL players, 4 years for NCAA players.

Boggles my mind that he hasn't been signed yet, especially since he would have been eligible to go pro this year.

Not that I mind him playing another year of junior. I just thought he'd get signed.

He looks good on paper because he's big and has good numbers. But his numbers are almost all on the PP (13 of his 18 assists this year) and his struggles with both his skating ability and his ability to process the game defensively.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014

He looks good on paper because he's big and has good numbers. But his numbers are almost all on the PP (13 of his 18 assists this year) and his struggles with both his skating ability and his ability to process the game defensively.

So it seems like hes the kinda guy you would wanna sign before becomes UFA no??

I mean what i mean is will this guy most likely be let go or u think he will be signed? Same with Olsen?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Plus he's 20.

Kyle Pettit is putting up points in the CHL as a 20 year old too. It was still an awful pick.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So which Canucks prospects will make the WJC this year??

Boeser and Juol seem like the obvi picks. Probably/maybe Gaudette. Outside chance of Locky and Briesy. Anyone else im missing?

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
So which Canucks prospects will make the WJC this year??

Boeser and Juol seem like the obvi picks. Probably/maybe Gaudette. Outside chance of Locky and Briesy. Anyone else im missing?

Gaudette is too old. Only 97 borns and younger are eligible.

Jasek has a good shot.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Plus he's 20.

Kyle Pettit is putting up points in the CHL as a 20 year old too. It was still an awful pick.

Cannot argue that it was a good pick but what are your expectations for a 6th round pick? A good one plays in Ahl eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad