Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No you don't
You don't trade a struggling young prospect for a average NHL player that's a POS off the ice.

Canucks right now are dead and buried as a lottery team, even if they don't yet know it....trading a guy like Virtanen for Kane wouldn't change a thing...at some point Benning is going to have to run up the white flag on this season and admit to a rebuild, and you don't dump a sixth overall pick for a problem player who'll be a UFA in two seasons.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Good to know the Canucks reallllllly wanted him then :laugh:

Alex Nylander has 13 points in 18 AHL games on a truly terrible Rochester team. The guy is 18 years old. Those Nylander brothers are good.

Ugh, Virtanen gets an assist on an ENG but absent for the other 4 goals while the rest of Utica's weak lineup got the goals. The Virtanen pick becomes more and more of a disaster each day.

Both gents taken right after Virtanen are about PPG in the NHL this year. *sigh*

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Both gents taken right after Virtanen are about PPG in the NHL this year. *sigh*

Yup...two players that the majority of Canuck fans were screaming for. I watched as much as I possibly could for all Three and desperately wanted Nylander. I suppose this gets rehashed over and over and over.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Nov 25

AHL

Utica 5 Rochester 2
Demko 30 saves on 32 shots

Wacey Hamilton (1) ASST: David Shields (6), Andrey Pedan (1)
Borna Rendulic (1) ASST: Colby Robak (8), Marco Roy (2)
Andrey Pedan (1) ASST: Wacey Hamilton (2), Borna Rendulic (2)
Jordan Subban (5) ASST: Colby Robak (9), Darren Archibald (4) (PP)
Darren Archibald (6) ASST: Jake Virtanen (2) (EN)

ECHL

Utah 1 Alaska 5
Moynihan 0 points, even
Stewart 1 goal (1st), +3

NCAA

Minnesota 4 Northeastern 6
Gaudette 1 goal (8th), 2 assists, +4

Lake Superior 3 Michigan 1
Lockwood 0 points, -2

Michigan State 4 North Dakota 3
Boeser did not play

OHL

North Bay 3 Hamilton 2
McKenzie 2 assists, +1
Candella 0 points, +1

Barrie 1 London 4
Juolevi 0 points, +2

QMJHL

Shawinigan 4 Charlottetown 5 (OT)
Brisebois 1 assist, +3 (selected 2nd star)

Acadie-Bathurst 2 Blainville-Boisbriand 5
Abols 0 points, even

WHL

Moose Jaw 5 Calgary 4
Stukel 1 goal (6th), 1 assist, -1

S_C

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
What do you guys think we have in Adam Gaudette?

Not a high draft pick, meh draft year numbers, surprised with his offense in his second year, now he's exploded and is arguably our best prospect number wise this year...

3rd liner like we said he would be when we drafted him?
Or is he now a legit prospect with 1st line upside?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
What do you guys think we have in Adam Gaudette?

Not a high draft pick, meh draft year numbers, surprised with his offense in his second year, now he's exploded and is arguably our best prospect number wise this year...

3rd liner like we said he would be when we drafted him?
Or is he now a legit prospect with 1st line upside?

I'd still be happy if he's a good 3rd liner, I really don't think he's gonna become a 1st liner in the NHL. Remember Cassels 81 points 54 games, "shutdown McDavid", and OHL coaches voted him second in Smartest Player, Hardest Worker, Best Playmaker, Best on Face-Offs, and Best Defensive Forward. People started overhyping him to be more then a 3rd liner, now he's a long shot to ever make it and struggling in the AHL. I could see Gaudette being a middle sixer but honestly him being a descent bottom sixer is a win.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I'd still be happy if he's a good 3rd liner, I really don't think he's gonna become a 1st liner in the NHL. Remember Cassels 81 points 54 games, "shutdown McDavid", and OHL coaches voted him second in Smartest Player, Hardest Worker, Best Playmaker, Best on Face-Offs, and Best Defensive Forward. People started overhyping him to be more then a 3rd liner, now he's a long shot to ever make it and struggling in the AHL. I could see Gaudette being a middle sixer but honestly him being a descent bottom sixer is a win.

Except Cassels was in his 4th year in junior... Gaudette is a sophmore and putting almost the same PPG in a tougher league.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm too lazy to look at the numbers to actually verify this, but Sikura and Gaudette seem to be the ones getting the primary points when I watch them. Gaudette is the defensively responsible and crafty playmaker, Sikura is the good skating finisher and Aston-Reese hasn't really left an impression on me. But I really hope Jim has his eyes on him, he's definitely getting a contract once he gets his degree at the end of this year. Production's impressive.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Watching Lockwood, seems like he is playing with some confidence, he's really moving out there

Made a couple nice moves to create some scoring chances. He's also forcing the defense back with his speed

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
S_C started new thread. For the future, wait until thread is closer to 1000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad