Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
Watched the third period......positionally sound and makes a good first pass...brings little or no offense to the table and doesn't appear to have much a point-shot....a good defensive d-man in the Tanev mold is pretty accurate.

I would be extremely satisfied if we ended up with anything even similar to a Tanev clone. Given he was a 3rd rounder i think we would all be pretty pleased

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
I would be extremely satisfied if we ended up with anything even similar to a Tanev clone. Given he was a 3rd rounder i think we would all be pretty pleased

Not me; Tanev was a free agent signing. If that's all we can hope for from Brisebois why did we waste such a valuable draft pick on him.

It is all about how high the pick was isn't it?

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Not me; Tanev was a free agent signing. If that's all we can hope for from Brisebois why did we waste such a valuable draft pick on him.

No matter what, getting a defender as good as Tanev in the 3rd round is a home run pick.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I have absolutely no idea why but I thought you were talking about Tryamkin who has no Z in either of his names :help:

For some reason I also thought Tryamkin initially.

I thought it was Tryamkin too and then also realized he doesn't have a "Z" in his name.

I'm thinking it's because Tryamkin is big like Chara, and Chara's nickname is "Z". :P

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015

I can't help but feel that you're joking. Even with a FIRST rounder you would have no reason not to be happy with getting a Tanev out of the draft. So either you don't really understand what Tanev brings (check advanced stats) or you're just saying that to get people going

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
I can't help but feel that you're joking. Even with a FIRST rounder you would have no reason not to be happy with getting a Tanev out of the draft. So either you don't really understand what Tanev brings (check advanced stats) or you're just saying that to get people going

Guilty as charged.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This new comparing of every thin, non-producing, kinda smart defender to Chris Tanev is ridiculous. It's the same thing as comparing every no-talent 6'8" defender to Zdeno Chara.

Brisbois' skillset is a lot closer to Lukas Krajicek than it is to Chris Tanev.

Tanev is a unique talent who developed in a spectacular fashion.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Comparing Brisebois to the rest of his Super Series roster
18, 3rd round 2015, 66th overall to Van, 21GP 3 goals 4 assists 7 Points

Nicolas Meloche 18, 2nd round 2015, 40th overall to Col, 17GP 5Goals 7Assists 12 points

Jeremy Lauzon 18, 2nd round 2015, 52nd overall to Bos, 19GP 3Goals 24Assists 27 Points

Thomas Chabot 18, 1st round 2015, 18th overall to Ott, 18GP 6Goals 10Assists 16 Points

Olivier Leblanc 19, 7th round 2014, 197 overall to Cbj, 21GP 2Goals 14Assists 16 Points

Samuel Girard 17, Eligible 2016, 24GP 3Goals 28Assists 31 Points

Phillipe Myers 18, Undrafted, Signed by Phi, 22GP 8Goals 9Assists 17 Points

I'd honestly just avoid drafting D out of the Q in the future

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to agree...drafting d-men out of the Q is a crap-shoot at best....The late Luc Bourdon being the exception I guess, but tragically, no way of knowing how he'd have turned out....not sure what is is, but many of them seem to morph into the second coming of Yann Sauve.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Comparing Brisebois to the rest of his Super Series roster
18, 3rd round 2015, 66th overall to Van, 21GP 3 goals 4 assists 7 Points

Nicolas Meloche 18, 2nd round 2015, 40th overall to Col, 17GP 5Goals 7Assists 12 points

Jeremy Lauzon 18, 2nd round 2015, 52nd overall to Bos, 19GP 3Goals 24Assists 27 Points

Thomas Chabot 18, 1st round 2015, 18th overall to Ott, 18GP 6Goals 10Assists 16 Points

Olivier Leblanc 19, 7th round 2014, 197 overall to Cbj, 21GP 2Goals 14Assists 16 Points

Samuel Girard 17, Eligible 2016, 24GP 3Goals 28Assists 31 Points

Phillipe Myers 18, Undrafted, Signed by Phi, 22GP 8Goals 9Assists 17 Points

I'd honestly just avoid drafting D out of the Q in the future

Precisely this. Draft D in the OHL/WHL—don't even bother looking at the Q.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
This new comparing of every thin, non-producing, kinda smart defender to Chris Tanev is ridiculous. It's the same thing as comparing every no-talent 6'8" defender to Zdeno Chara.

Brisbois' skillset is a lot closer to Lukas Krajicek than it is to Chris Tanev.

Tanev is a unique talent who developed in a spectacular fashion.

i feel like ive read this post a million times and yet people still do it

do you mind if i just cut and paste this every time it comes up

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Didn't think any part of his game was dynamic or overly compelling. Nice skater, sees the play and moves the puck well. However, I don't see much untapped potential. In comparison a player like Chabot, while still a little clumsy, has the size and range to suggest he will continue to get better and better as he smooths out his game. Would question Brisebois ceiling.

As far as a player like Letang is concerned you could see, at the same age, that Letang was just an outstanding skater whereas Brisebois looks like a good skater.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Didn't think any part of his game was dynamic or overly compelling. Nice skater, sees the play and moves the puck well. However, I don't see much untapped potential. In comparison a player like Chabot, while still a little clumsy, has the size and range to suggest he will continue to get better and better as he smooths out his game. Would question Brisebois ceiling.

As far as a player like Letang is concerned you could see, at the same age, that Letang was just an outstanding skater whereas Brisebois looks like a good skater.

Well ya, there's a reason one of them was taken in the 1st round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad