Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Clickable 2015-16 Prospect List:
(age is as of the beginning of the 2015-16 Regular Season)

OHL
Jared McCann (19) Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Kyle Pettit (19) Erie Otters

WHL
Tate Olson (18) Prince George Cougars
Jake Virtanen (19) Calgary Hitmen

QMJHL
Guillaume Brisebois (18) Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Dmitry Zhukenov (18) Chicoutimi Sagueneens
Carl Neill (19) Sherbrooke Phoenix

Europe/KHL/Czech
Lukas Jasek (18) Trinec Ocelari
Nikita Tryamkin (21) Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
Anton Rodin (24) Brynas IF

NCAA
Brock Boeser (18) North Dakota
Adam Gaudette (19) Northeastern
Thatcher Demko (19) Boston College
Matt Beattie (22) Yale
Mike Williamson (22) Penn State

ECHL
Mackenze Stewart (20)
Anton Cederholm (20)
Evan McEneny (21)
Dane Fox (21)
Ludwig Blomstrand (22)
Clay Witt (24) (AHL Contract)

AHL
Mackenze Stewart (20)
Cole Cassels (20)
Hunter Shinkaruk (20)
Brendan Gaunce (21)
Dane Fox (21)
Joseph Labate (22)
Nicklas Jensen (22)
Mike Zalewski (23) (AHL Contract)
Ronalds Kenins (24)
Alexandre Grenier (24)
Alex Friesen (24)
Linden Vey (24)
Wacey Hamilton (25) (AHL Contract)
Darren Archibald (25) (AHL Contract)
Carter Bancks (26) (AHL Contract)
John Kurtz (26) (AHL Contract)
Blair Jones (29)
Jordan Subban (20)
Evan McEneny (21)
Ashton Sautner (21)
Ben Hutton (22)
Andrey Pedan (22)
John Negrin (26) (AHL Contract)
Travis Ehrhardt (26) (AHL Contract)
Alex Biega (27)
Taylor Fedun (27)
Clay Witt (24) (AHL Contract)
Joe Cannata (25)
Richard Bachman (28)

S_C

Last edited:

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
tidbit on friedmans 30 thoughts on tryamkin

The Canucks dressed five players on entry-level contracts against the Canadiens — Bo Horvat, Ben Hutton, Jared McCann, Hunter Shinkaruk and Jake Virtanen. Seriously, who saw that coming? It’s not as if these players are just filling out roster spots, either. Vancouver made changes to its scouting department last summer, but those who are gone did not leave the cupboard bare. GM Jim Benning has a good eye, too. In 2014, he grabbed Russian defenceman Nikita Tryamkin 66th overall. “I was like, ‘Who?’†one North American-based scout laughed last week. “Now, I’ve seen him. He’s going to be a player.†The team hopes he joins AHL Utica after the KHL season. The most fascinating thing to watch will be which veterans stay. There’s zero interest in ever moving the Sedins; the hope is they retire as Canucks. Word is the club plans to reach out to its potential UFAs in the new year to gauge things. And, it sure sounds like the organization believes Jacob Markstrom is a future number one.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Stewart should be listed as being 20. (Also shouldn't be on the AHL list probably.)

Good eye - fixed it.

I think I will leave the players links to both ECHL and AHL if they have played games there during the season...

S_C

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba

The Canucks dressed five players on entry-level contracts against the Canadiens — Bo Horvat, Ben Hutton, Jared McCann, Hunter Shinkaruk and Jake Virtanen. Seriously, who saw that coming? It’s not as if these players are just filling out roster spots, either. Vancouver made changes to its scouting department last summer, but those who are gone did not leave the cupboard bare. GM Jim Benning has a good eye, too. In 2014, he grabbed Russian defenceman Nikita Tryamkin 66th overall. “I was like, ‘Who?’†one North American-based scout laughed last week. “Now, I’ve seen him. He’s going to be a player.†The team hopes he joins AHL Utica after the KHL season. The most fascinating thing to watch will be which veterans stay. There’s zero interest in ever moving the Sedins; the hope is they retire as Canucks. Word is the club plans to reach out to its potential UFAs in the new year to gauge things. And, it sure sounds like the organization believes Jacob Markstrom is a future number one.

Markstrom for only so long..I fully believe that Demko will develop into our #1 Tendy. He was Good before the hip surgery now look what has changed since then
10 Games

9-1
6SO
.964 Sv %

The faster he develops the better for the Canucks

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Markstrom for only so long..I fully believe that Demko will develop into our #1 Tendy. He was Good before the hip surgery now look what has changed since then
10 Games

9-1
6SO
.964 Sv %

The faster he develops the better for the Canucks

Demko obviously looks like a tremendous prospects right now, but goaltender prospects are even more unpredictable than other prospects. I actually believe Demko will be better than Schneider personally, but we shouldn't be planning on him becoming the starter on any kind of concrete time frame. If we could bank on goalie prospects Justin Pogge would be battling Price for Vezinas and the Ducks would be unbeatable with Jon Gibson in net etc.

Scorevat53

Sep 16, 2015
Manitoba
Demko obviously looks like a tremendous prospects right now, but goaltender prospects are even more unpredictable than other prospects. I actually believe Demko will be better than Schneider personally, but we shouldn't be planning on him becoming the starter on any kind of concrete time frame. If we could bank on goalie prospects Justin Pogge would be battling Price for Vezinas and the Ducks would be unbeatable with Jon Gibson in net etc.

That's very true. IMO Demko will more than likely get 1-3 years in Utica unless other injuries occur. I don't see Benning resigning Miller at the end of next year.
I could See Demko getting the same treatment that Hellebuyck is getting. He's been very good on the Moose especially since the Moose aren't that great

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley

Rollie Melanson is our ace in the hole. It's not enough to pick a good talent, you have to develop that talent. As long as they have Rollie, I think we'll be amongst the best teams in the league in that regard.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast

Interesting, I took think that Tryamkin is definitely a player.

He's big, mean, skates very well, actually clears the front of the net.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
Anybody going to post a breakdown of Brisebois' game tonight? Unfortunately was at work and missed it

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Anybody going to post a breakdown of Brisebois' game tonight? Unfortunately was at work and missed it

Watched some of the 1st period and most of the 2nd.

Skated well, managed the puck smartly and was hacking/slashing/battling a bit harder than I expected in 1 on 1 situations.

Not much shown in the offensive end, but he definitely looks to have the skating, smarts and puck skills to be a viable NHL prospect. Looked pretty big on the ice as well - wonder if he's grown at all or whether he's still a skinny 6'2.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
Watched some of the 1st period and most of the 2nd.

Skated well, managed the puck smartly and was hacking/slashing/battling a bit harder than I expected in 1 on 1 situations.

Not much shown in the offensive end, but he definitely looks to have the skating, smarts and puck skills to be a viable NHL prospect. Looked pretty big on the ice as well - wonder if he's grown at all or whether he's still a skinny 6'2.

Hmm.. thanks dude. I feel like even though he's more of a Tanev style positional defender id feel much more comfortable if he was putting up some more points especially being from the Q.. still intriguing though

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Hmm.. thanks dude. I feel like even though he's more of a Tanev style positional defender id feel much more comfortable if he was putting up some more points especially being from the Q.. still intriguing though

Yeah, he has the same strengths and weaknesses as Tanev. Same frame, both guys are smart, skate well and pass the puck hard and accurately - whereas he's not going to overpower you, bring much in the way of physicality or grit, doesn't shoot the puck very hard and offensive IQ isn't a strongsuit.

I only saw about half his shifts. Recorded the game - might finish it tomorrow.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watched the third period......positionally sound and makes a good first pass...brings little or no offense to the table and doesn't appear to have much a point-shot....a good defensive d-man in the Tanev mold is pretty accurate.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
Watched the third period......positionally sound and makes a good first pass...brings little or no offense to the table and doesn't appear to have much a point-shot....a good defensive d-man in the Tanev mold is pretty accurate.

I would be extremely satisfied if we ended up with anything even similar to a Tanev clone. Given he was a 3rd rounder i think we would all be pretty pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad