Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Sun Sep 13

Young Stars

Winnipeg 1 Vancouver 4

Jared McCann (Brendan Gaunce)
Michael Zalewski (Jordan Subban, Joe Labate)
Reid Gardiner (unassisted)
Hunter Shinkaruk (empty net) (unassisted)

QMJHL

Blainville-Boisbriand 5 Sherbrooke 0
Neill at Young Stars

Chicoutimi 3 Quebec 4 (OT)
Zhukenov at Young Stars

S_C

Not that it matters but they have it completely wrong. The Shikaruk empty netter was not unassisted!!! Cassels put it right where he needed the puck or it would not have been a goal. He actually could have shot it but would have risked icing

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

ive got some Lucas Jasek's game highlights for y'all :banana:
missed first period desperately trying to look for a stream and sleeping in

according to scoresheet by Rosko Thorn he had 8:26 ice time
One thing i liked about him in this game was that his effort was good. As he got very little ice time, he made every shift count by skating hard and create something offensively.
thats what i liked about his shift at 1:48 as he hardly had any shift before then

0:58 blocks a shot
1:25 makes a good pass then creates a scoring chance for himself
1:48 gets an assist from this pass!
2:37 gets a nice quick shot off from the dot
~3:25 another good offensive zone shift

should i keep this in this thread or post in his own discussion thread?

Nice, thanks for sharing. As for where to post it, I don't think it really matters but I'd hazard a guess that this thread has a bigger audience.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
SHL started today. LHC played Djurgården and were down 2-1 in the second period.

Gustav Forsling assisted to the 2-2 goal and also assisted to the winning goal in OT. Both were primary assists.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
SHL started today. LHC played Djurgården and were down 2-1 in the second period.

Gustav Forsling assisted to the 2-2 goal and also assisted to the winning goal in OT. Both were primary assists.

Thanks for the update, but do to some unfortunate circumstances he's not one of our prospects anymore.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

thanks for the update...i forgot he was still in the system (not) :sarcasm: ;)

Thanks for the update, but do to some unfortunate circumstances he's not one of our prospects anymore.

we can pretend he still does though :naughty:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

He would probably be our fourth best defensive prospect behind Corrado, Subban and Hutton. Anger... :rant:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He would probably be our fourth best defensive prospect behind Corrado, Subban and Hutton. Anger... :rant:

I'd have him as #1 or #2 next to Corrado. Better prospect than Subban or Hutton. Guy is a top-5 defensive prospect in all of Europe.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I'd have him as #1 or #2 next to Corrado. Better prospect than Subban or Hutton. Guy is a top-5 defensive prospect in all of Europe.

Definitely not. Way too soft in his own zone to hack it on the small ice. He will likely spend his career being a good defenseman in the Swedish league after a couple disappointing years in the AHL. I like Subban's chances more as he doesn't shy away from engaging in puck battles.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
A few other former Canuck prospects, and where they are landing:

K-Wings agree to terms with Alex Mallet

Mallet unable to get an AHL contract? Hmmm.

Liberati to try out with the Penguins

Canucks 7th round 2013 pick Miles Liberati signed an ATO with Pittsburgh.

and Jeremie Blain departs Canucks for St. Louis

As most probably already know, the Canucks terminated the final year of Blain's contract to allow him to pursue an opportunity with another club.

S_C

If Liberati lands a contract it will be interesting to see how he transitions to the pros compared to Saunter. It might not be that interesting to watch however, as they are likely both ECHL level.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Definitely not. Way too soft in his own zone to hack it on the small ice. He will likely spend his career being a good defenseman in the Swedish league after a couple disappointing years in the AHL. I like Subban's chances more as he doesn't shy away from engaging in puck battles.

And how do you possibly assume all that?

Forsling just turned 19 in June. His value is definitely trending upward after his performance at the WJC 2015 and it won't be for a few years that anyone will know.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Wow, Tryamkin had 25:43 of ice time today in a 3-2 overtime win for Avtomobilist. He led all players in ice time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
And how do you possibly assume all that?

Forsling just turned 19 in June. His value is definitely trending upward after his performance at the WJC 2015 and it won't be for a few years that anyone will know.

Yep we traded Forsling for less than half a season of Adam Clendening....another brilliant assessment by the Canucks pro scouting staff....must be galling to the amateur scouts who actually travel to Sweden to look at guys like Forsling before we draft them.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Any chance that any of these guys actually get a contract?....guess a lot will depend on what they do this year for their junior teams, but the 'Nucks prospect pool is getting pretty deep.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Any chance that any of these guys actually get a contract?....guess a lot will depend on what they do this year for their junior teams, but the 'Nucks prospect pool is getting pretty deep.

Beattie, Pettit, and Tryamkin are our only prospects whose rights expire after this season. Tryamkin is probably the only one worth a contract at this point, but there was a rumor about him considering an extension with his KHL team.

Demko is the only other prospect who will likely turn pro next season that we still need to sign.

Boeser, Zhukenov, Neill, Gaudette, and Jasek could play in the AHL next season, but at this point I'd say it's unlikely any of them make the jump. Boeser, Zhukenov, and Jasek would all be pretty young for the AHL still. Neill and Gaudette are a little older, but there's no rush to sign them before they prove anything.

Williamson isn't very good, he'll need a huge turnaround to earn a contract. Brisebois and Olson are both young and not making the NHL or AHL soon. No rush to get them signed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany