Blue Jays Discussion: The Price is Right (Jays acquire David Price from Det for Norris, Boyd, Labourt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@bruce_arthur: Trading for Oakland A's cash is nice because A's cash is rare and is therefore more valuable, I'm pretty sure

:laugh:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So anyone have an idea of what we're giving up for Revere?

Solid trade for Mets/Tigers though

Edit: Cordero and Tirado, I'm fine with it

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jim Salisbury ‏@JSalisburyCSN 1m1 minute ago
Hearing the Phillies will get pair of pitchers, Jimmy Cordero and Alberto Tirado, for Ben Revere in TOR deal

Two relievers. Both hard throwers though.

Shwaguy*

Wouldn't our 6th starter be Sanchez?

Or maybe Stroman is back sooner than we expected

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jim Salisbury ‏@JSalisburyCSN 1m1 minute ago
Hearing the Phillies will get pair of pitchers, Jimmy Cordero and Alberto Tirado, for Ben Revere in TOR deal

Two relievers. Both hard throwers though.

I hope we can all let go a sigh of relief now. :)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Not sure why people are this hard on Revere. His OBP is average for a leadoff hitter. Have you guys checked to who leads off for Kansas City and what his OBP is? Ragging on him for only getting singles is also somewhat of a moot point considering how many of those singles basically turn into doubles with the amount of SB's that he gets. We also know how even the threat of the SB affects the pitcher sometimes.

Colabello/Carrera were a joke in LF. It's a fantastic addition.

Hopefully nothing too valuable is going back to Philadelphia.

Yeah, it's weird. He's a 2.2 WAR outfielder. That's worth about $15/mil year, and he's paid $4. Tons of surplus value.

I mean, he's every bit as valuable as Saunders, and likely more so, and no one thought of Saunders as a 4th OF when we got him.

mikebel111*

EE back in the lineup:)

Smoak is also in the line up. it's a freaking miracle

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
While I can understand it, it's ridiculous how angry some people get for the requests. This IS a hockey website - it is only logical that people (like myself) who are trying to learn baseball more indepthly will ask for comparisons to something they know. Now if they were on a baseball boards I could understand the anger, maybe.

While I understand that, when I was learning baseball I never asked this question. They are two very different sports and as I said earlier in the thread, it is hard to accurately compare the different sports players. Their impacts are completely different. That's the problem.

I may have lucked out, my Grandma, a lot of my cousins and one of my best friends loved baseball. So I was able to ask basic questions and slowly understand the game more. Seemingly stupid questions like what does WHIP stand for, whats an error, what's the infield fly rule, whats a balk. Eventually you learn the players, a decent idea of their worth.

Comparing them to hockey just doesn't work imo. You can try, but it never works in my mind.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I liked Tirado but it's not too bad. Man it's like AA decided empty the pitching farm. No position prospects allowed to be traded.

Wouldn't our 6th starter be Sanchez?

Or maybe Stroman is back sooner than we expected

Neither is stretched out though. Their first "start" would be like 2 innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad