Blue Jays Discussion: The Price is Right (Jays acquire David Price from Det for Norris, Boyd, Labourt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So Davidi thinks we are still looking for a starter and possibly an outfielder.

I wonder who were looking at.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I thought Ben Revere would be a great add for us if that idiot in philly is ready to talk reasonable prices.

He can lead off, brings speed, can play CF or LF and gets on base and hits.

Revere
Donaldson
Joey Bats
Tulo
Edwin
Martin
Cola/Smoak
Pillar
Travis/Goins

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Don't watch baseball, who does David Price compare to in the NHL?

In B4 "you can't compare the two it's ignorant" freak out :sarcasm:

For real though it's almost impossible to compare the impact of a starting pitcher who only plays 1/5 games. But if we want to talk about ranking/talent at his position... Carey Price. Unquestionable top 5 at his position in the prime of his career

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leake would be ideal. Slots in nicely behind Price. Ross is a pipedream but is probably the best pitcher available with team control(I don't think the Indians are serious about dealing their starters). With Saunders possibly back by September and Pompey playing well again, I'm not sure we really need another outfielder IMO. If we do, a leadoff hitter who hits RHP would be ideal.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Leake would be ideal. Slots in nicely behind Price. Ross is a pipedream but is probably the best pitcher available with team control(I don't think the Indians are serious about dealing their starters). With Saunders possibly back by September and Pompey playing well again, I'm not sure we really need another outfielder IMO. If we do, a leadoff hitter who hits RHP would be ideal.

Have them throw in Jay Bruce and then we can score all the runs in baseball

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
don't need a left fielder. Call up Pompey. Wouldn't mind a starter though

I think they can get by without a starter if they feel Stroman can help in september. He's the wildcard in all of this. I think AA will look to add a SP with control if a deal is out there but Stroman could possibly be the best "rental" we can add to this group.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
-We get Tulo
-He gets a home run in his second AB of his debut and we win
-Drake destroys Meek Mill with a photo Joe Carter's WS HR against Philly the day that the Jays beat Philly
-Jays get Price
-Jays win against KC
-Baltimore loses

Pretty good few days, I'd have to say.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I don't know why you guys want Bruce anyway. A defensive first option that can hit a little bit should be the priority. In other words, Pompey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad