Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse @ NHL Draft Lottery: Part II – Aftermath

How Awesome?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I honestly feel like Kakko would fit like a glove, it’s weird I hope NJ don’t take him considering that means we get Hughes.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
giphy.gif
Your Nic Cage juju lead us to this.

giphy.gif

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
So Nash got us K'Andre, Lindgren, Strome and now Kakko. The gift that keeps on giving lol

We didn't know it at the time, but it wasn't his purpose to come here and win a Stanley Cup. He was here to bless us with 3 gifts.

Score goals.

Stare directly into the camera.

Sacrifice self in a trade to help replenish the prospect pool.

Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You know, looking at this thread’s predecessor, you can sort of get an idea of just how electric this place would be in the moments after a cup victory.

We have no reference point because the original site came on board 3 years after our last cup. But it’s been very interesting to watch.
Personally speaking considering how I just felt with the lottery I’m legitimately worried that I will spontaneously combust if I ever get to witness them winning the Cup.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
We only get Dallas' pick if they are in the Conference finals. At that point their pick becomes a 28-31 pick.
In that post I’m using the 14 pick we get from a hypothetical Kreider to Arizona trade

I didn’t even factor in the other potential picks

we could be dripping in 1sts

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
We only get Dallas' pick if they are in the Conference finals. At that point their pick becomes a 28-31 pick.

He's referring to the potential to acquire the Coyotes' pick at 14 in a deal for Kreider, which @bobbop has speculated on as a possibility.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
We didn't know it at the time, but it wasn't his purpose to come here and win a Stanley Cup. He was here to bless us with 3 gifts.

Score goals.

Stare directly into the camera.

Sacrifice self in a trade to help replenish the prospect pool.

Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need.

There were signs all along from others as well.

ow3V2Mf.jpg

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
My favorite part of the draft is there is like less than 0.1% chance to screw the pick up. Hughes and Kakko are like consensus 1,2 and by a large margin ahead of others so it's unfathomable we don't get one of them. At three, thyey can reach for a Podkolzin or say even Broberg and we're at the podium screaming into pillows.

Reactions: Thordic

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! I love the Devils/Rangers rivalry and it's undeniably a lot more fun when both of our teams are competitive, adding the Hughes/Kakko dynamic should certainly spice things up a little going forward and give both of our teams a much needed infusion of elite talent!

I personally think both Hughes & Kakko are going to be absolute studs and step into the NHL with ease next year. The wait for the start of next season is going to be agonizing, on the bright side I presume this means the NHL will schedule a Devils/Rangers game fairly early on in the season :)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

I just can`t.. ..Im aware Messi is good at soccer, but u talking with a Real Madrid fan here, and there are some names which we are not allowed to talk about for obvious reasons. But Real won the cup *3 and no one talked about Messi 3 years ago, well at least not in Madrid! ;)
I can`t hide it how frustrated I`m to paint that Messi, with word awesome on the poll, not pleased. :)

But I`m quite happy mood so since we are on a hockey forum - it`s fine I guess and let it go for this time. However I understand some here compare an elite talent in hockey with Messi or Ødegaard that wonderkid he just scored again against PSV a top team in Eredivisie league. ))

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This is all because of Winnie.

f***ing ECSTATIC.

I don’t care the Devils got #1. The pressure is on them and we’ll take either stud they don’t.

This is insane. It happened

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
the rangers can’t screw this up right? I mean they have tons of euro scouts... they must be creaming all over the place with the 2nd pick..

No brainer right?

Reactions: Rongomania

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hey how about getting 20&31 and flipping them for another top 10-14 pick?

Grab a top D prospect that slips. Talk about an acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad