How Awesome?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
This is the best Post game of the YEAR AWARD!!!! And we won oscar! What a draft night! :D

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Would really be nice if we could collect either the TB 1st or the Stars 1st for extra ammo. How far up does the 22nd (Jets) and the 31st (TB) get you? Would be awesome to come away with Kaapo and a top C prospect like Zegras or Turcotte.

Edmonton really needs to win now right? That might be a pick to target. Obviously we would need to move players. Not sure if Kreider would fill a need...or work financially going forward. Too bad Lucic has so many years left or I'd consider taking him off their hands to get a deal done.

The lynchpin is what any Kreider offer looks like.

Are we talking the 14th being in play? Is a center the Rangers love on the board at 10? Do you get bold and offer 14 and and a second for 10?

Does that become more tempting if you the Tampa and Dallas picks are in the first? Do you offer 14 an 31 for 10 and 41?

Do the Rangers see someone they have fourth and offer 14 and 31 for 10? 14 and 22 for 10 and a sweetener?

I don’t know, could be a bunch of nothing and they are content because they have Kakko or Hughes.

But it at least feels like there is too much intrigue for it to not be at least be something that is discussed, or of interest.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It’ll be harder in the NHL but Kakko’s puck control and edge work is certainly impressive. I can see the Forsberg comparisons though I wouldn’t expect that level of greatness

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The lynchpin is what any Kreider offer looks like.

Are we talking the 14th being in play? Is a center the Rangers love on the board at 10? Do you get bold and offer 14 and and a second for 10?

Does that become more tempting if you the Tampa and Dallas picks are in the first? Do you offer 14 an 31 for 10 and 41?

Do the Rangers see someone they have fourth and offer 14 and 31 for 10? 14 and 22 for 10 and a sweetener?

I don’t know, could be a bunch of nothing and they are content because they have Kakko or Hughes.

But it at least feels like there is too much intrigue for it to not be at least be something that is discussed, or of interest.

I guess we could trade for ~14 and then move up another 4 or 5 spots. But that's a lot of work to pull off. Probably cost a lot too since you'll likely have to overpay for each move. Ideally we could just trade directly into the 8 or 9 spot. But obviously it takes two to make a deal and I have no idea what or if EDM or ANA would want.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I guess we could trade for ~14 and then move up another 4 or 5 spots. But that's a lot of work to pull off. Probably cost a lot too since you'll likely have to overpay for each move. Ideally we could just trade directly into the 8 or 9 spot. But obviously it takes two to make a deal and I have no idea what or if EDM or ANA would want.

The only possible overpay is the second move from 14. Having said that, for all we know the Rangers could be happy as clams there.

A lot of this is assuming they either love the centers enough to push for one, or assuming a guy we suspect they really like ends up falling.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The only possible overpay is the second move from 14. Having said that, for all we know the Rangers could be happy as clams there.

A lot of this is assuming they either love the centers enough to push for one, or assuming a guy we suspect they really like ends up falling.

Would seem if they were happy at 14 they might not be targeting Zegras or Turcotte...but perhaps Newhook or Caufield?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Would seem if they were happy at 14 they might not be targeting Zegras or Turcotte...but perhaps Newhook or Caufield?

Certainly possible.

The Zegras approach is based on a number of factors and speculation that could turn out to be painfully obvious in hindsight, or just really creative.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
To me we have Kakko or Hughes. If the Rangers f*** it up then that's a different story, but based on interviews with Quinn and the GM there is no f***ing way they are not taking one of the two. So to me this draft is already a f***ing success and you cannot wipe the smile off my face. I have always said you need that kind of elite offensive player to really put you over the top and we might have stolen one last year and we will most likely get one this year. I really want Hughes and I really want Kakko so I don't care. We win. Now its up to figure out what to do with that 17th pick. And if we get the Tampa pick I want D or a pure sniper. Every single other pick should be boom or bust. They better be scouting the Japanese, Burmese, Argentinian, Congolese leagues if there are any because there is no excuse now to really swing for the fences. We have the potential to build a dynasty with all the picks that we have already made, that we will make this year and next. And we can trade some to get better players, etc. What a nice time to be a Ranger fan really into the building of the team.

Reactions: Rongomania

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Would really be nice if we could collect either the TB 1st or the Stars 1st for extra ammo. How far up does the 22nd (Jets) and the 31st (TB) get you?

A good place to start to get an idea of draft pick value is based off Blue Bullet Report's work. EXPANDED BLUE BULLET DRAFT PICK VALUE CHART

It's not perfect but it gives you an idea. Of course in real life, value can vary widely from GM to GM, based on their team's current and future needs.

In this case, for the 22nd and 31st pick, straight up, the Rangers would want to target around the 14th pick.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
A good place to start to get an idea of draft pick value is based off Blue Bullet Report's work. EXPANDED BLUE BULLET DRAFT PICK VALUE CHART

It's not perfect but it gives you an idea. Of course in real life, value can vary widely from GM to GM, based on their team's current and future needs.

In this case, for the 22nd and 31st pick, straight up, the Rangers would want to target around the 14th pick.

Thanks. I'll check it out. So that's one way to get to 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad