Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse @ Canucks - 10 PM|MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Any update on the lineups? Apparently brickley and Claussen last guys on the ice so that would mean DeAngelo and Lias in?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Hi. Amateur anthropologist here. How's the mood in Blueshirt territory? Your GM is regarded with some reverence on our board for having the stones to initiate what we think is a proper rebuild. Are we in the wrong for thinking this way? Please dispel any myths regarding this.

Have a nice evening.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Hi. Amateur anthropologist here. How's the mood in Blueshirt territory? Your GM is regarded with some reverence on our board for having the stones to initiate what we think is a proper rebuild. Are we in the wrong for thinking this way? Please dispel any myths regarding this.

Have a nice evening.

Mood is great with me, Gorton in my opinion has done the tough moves that had to be made and is totally all in on the rebuild and I couldnt be happier

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hi. Amateur anthropologist here. How's the mood in Blueshirt territory? Your GM is regarded with some reverence on our board for having the stones to initiate what we see is a proper rebuild. Are we in the wrong for thinking this way? Please dispel any myths regarding this.

Have a nice evening.
Gorton is a mixed bag on here and around the NYR fanbase as a whole. I guess if you could have a consensus opinion on Gorton, it's that he's an average GM, which is actually "good" in this league.

In my opinion, he has been more good than bad. But he's tight lipped, so hard to figure out what the overall plan is, outside of "The Letter"

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I consider Vancouver better off simply because of EP40.

Your prospects look good. As do ours. We both have bad immovable contracts.

No GM is perfect. I'm happy with the rebuild so far. Need Byfield though.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Hopefully whatever it is that DeAngelo is doing to get scratched he cuts it out as he would be a nice boost to this rebuild if he figured it out. Would be nice in two years if we have DeAngelo, Skjei, Pionk, Miller, as the base for our d.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Hopefully whatever it is that DeAngelo is doing to get scratched he cuts it out as he would be a nice boost to this rebuild if he figured it out. Would be nice in two years if we have DeAngelo, Skjei, Pionk, Miller, as the base for our d.
You had me until Pionk

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You had me until Pionk

Guy gets a bad rap, he isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. It's one of the first things you have to put aside when you coach is focusing on anything negative a player does without seeing the positives, Pionk gets a lot of that on here. He gets no credit for his good play and hate for any mistake surrounding him whether it's his fault or not. He needs a bigger dman with him imo, I'd like to see Claussen play with him for a stretch.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Have a nice evening.
I think it's pretty much unanimous that this is a proper rebuild and is like 90/10 that that's a good thing.

It's more mixed as to whether or not Gorton can execute it, and much of that hinges on the upcoming draft.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Guy gets a bad rap, he isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. It's one of the first things you have to put aside when you coach is focusing on anything negative a player does without seeing the positives, Pionk gets a lot of that on here. He gets no credit for his good play and hate for any mistake surrounding him whether it's his fault or not. He needs a bigger dman with him imo, I'd like to see Claussen play with him for a stretch.
What positives?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Vancouver is an absolutely beautiful city, and everyone should visit.

Aerial_Sunset_Vancouver_d3_copy_1bb86ed0-1edc-4cda-841d-0b033ca0bb72.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I got work at 9am, I don't need this.

Probably gonna watch anyway.

I stayed up for the Anaheim game last night, was actually a good game. Interesting game, realized that Anaheim is not that bad, that Nashville has really been struggling , that Wayne Simmonds is not very good anymore, and that PK Subban is probably a bigger cry baby than Sidney Crosby..... ok maybe not, but’s it’s close. Lol. So was a very informative game filled with lots of wonderful info.

Anyway, Rangers tonight and going to watch. Putting up that coffee now! Let’s do that hockey..... or not.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Exactly my point.
It's a serious question. What is he good at?

The only thing he isn't awful at that I can see is the powerplay, where he's 23rd amongst defensemen in points.

So as far as I can see, being a bottom 10 PPQB in the league is the sparkling aspect of his game.

Please tell me where I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad