Proposal: The please fire Travis Green thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Why blame the monkey... the organ grinder Dim needs to go...

giphy.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seeing Calgary’s transformation under Sutter makes me think we need a better coach here. I mean Lucic has 4 goals and they are shutting out the other team with Gudbranson logging 19 minutes last game.
Who’s their goalie? It’s still amazing to me that Benning failed to take advantage of having a star young goalie, coming off a super bubble performance and trade him for upgrades elsewhere while keeping Marky. Totally incompetent.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
You can spin it all you want. Go and ask Flames fans if they think the difference has little to do with Sutter and everything to do with Markstrom.

You can spin it all you want. The weakest link in the chain ( Canucks ) is their current GM Dim Benning. Worst GM in the NHL .

How he got a contract extension completely impossible to understand....
Mangement Failure after management failure.... so the canucks extended him...

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Ah, back to this thread again. Oh how I missed it.

But enough f***ing around. It’s been almost a decade of this shit, I think people have been given plenty of rope. Time to cut the line on everyone and start fresh. Us fans deserve it

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I hate how this city is so devoid of pro sports that we can’t exactly totally tune this shit out and follow another team like other cities. Almost 3M in the metro and sky high housing prices and all we’ve got are the Canucks. I’d love to have f***ed off as promised until JB was canned, but I love pro sports too much and all I’m watching are other cities teams in other sports. Ok we have the Caps but they’ve been shit since inception.

please clean house, otherwise we might as well be a no pro sports city like Louisville or Quebec City

Reactions: Indiana

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Who’s their goalie? It’s still amazing to me that Benning failed to take advantage of having a star young goalie, coming off a super bubble performance and trade him for upgrades elsewhere while keeping Marky. Totally incompetent.
Keeping Demko over Markstrom was the right choice, but letting him and Tanev go for nothing, while not re-signing Toffoli is still absolutely infuriating and inexcusable.
The whole management team from top to bottom has got to go.

Ah, back to this thread again. Oh how I missed it.

But enough f***ing around. It’s been almost a decade of this shit, I think people have been given plenty of rope. Time to cut the line on everyone and start fresh. Us fans deserve it
100% agreed. I'll repeat this until my fingers turn into numbs from typing it so much, this team is not as bad as it plays. Are they a cup contender? Not likely, but the coaching is tuned out and letting key leadership players walk who wanted to stay here is, as I stated earlier, infuriating and inexcusable.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Keeping Demko over Markstrom was the right choice, but letting him and Tanev go for nothing, while not re-signing Toffoli is still absolutely infuriating and inexcusable.
The whole management team from top to bottom has got to go.

100% agreed. I'll repeat this until my fingers turn into numbs from typing it so much, this team is not as bad as it plays. Are they a cup contender? Not likely, but the coaching is tuned out and letting key leadership players walk who wanted to stay here is, as I stated earlier, infuriating and inexcusable.
After the bubble Demko’s value was extremely high. Benning could have traded him for a very good return. Sign Marky, Tanev, and Tofoli. Horrid asset management.

12u55

Oct 12, 2007
vancouver
I went to the hospital last night and spoke to a guy in purgatory and his buddy currently plays for the Canucks. For the sake of privacy I won’t name the player. So this will be a ‘trust me bro’ post. This is what was told to me:

-The players like Green
-Horvat insists he plays with Pearson 5v5
- The team realizes they don’t have chemistry
- a couple players are not on board with the team system

Perhaps Green is alright as a person. I’m a fan of firing him. Look at Calgary, you don’t have to like your coach but Sutter gets results.

Last edited:

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
After the bubble Demko’s value was extremely high. Benning could have traded him for a very good return. Sign Marky, Tanev, and Tofoli. Horrid asset management.
It still is, and he's proved that. Signing a goalie for that AAV and term coming off an injury at that age is a huge risk.
Tanev and Toffoli were huge mistakes to let go, especially considering what they gave up to acquire Toffoli.
Also absolutely embarrassing and bush league the way they treated Stetcher.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
I went to the hospital last night and spoke to a guy purgatory who’s buddy currently plays for the Canucks. For the sake of privacy I won’t name the player. So this will be a ‘trust me bro’ post. This is what was told to me:

-The players like Green
-Horvat insists he plays with Pearson 5v5
- The team realizes they don’t have chemistry
- a couple players are not on board with the team system

Perhaps Green is alright as a person. I’m a fan of firing him. Look at Calgary, you don’t have to like your coach but Sutter gets results.
Heard this as well from a bartender at a restaurant where the players frequent.

They supposedly really do like him and vouch for him.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
yes maybe he could have traded him for a 24 yr old stud goalie....someone with a name like Snatcher Temko?

I would prefer the players respect the coach but dont like him all that much because he's pushing them and getting the most out of them. I guess times have changed for that sort of thing,

Whether they like him or not he's done a destructive job of utilizing the pre season and getting this team playing in sync both the last season and this year.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Maybe the players need a wake-up call?
It's one thing to like a guy and be on good terms with him, but clearly the on ice product isn't working and that's the biggest issue.

What annoys me is how Horvat seems to be adding to the "everything is ok" message when he should be leading towards a change.

And the Pearson love is just dumb. They don't produce enough timo be held together like that.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's one thing to like a guy and be on good terms with him, but clearly the on ice product isn't working and that's the biggest issue.

What annoys me is how Horvat seems to be adding to the "everything is ok" message when he should be leading towards a change.

And the Pearson love is just dumb. They don't produce enough timo be held together like that.

We should definitely cater to players, but the results aren't there and quite frankly the performance is well below subpar.

SantosLHalpar

Jan 5, 2020
Benning does suck. But you have literally no idea if that is true. Guaranteed you'd be on here bitching as Demko turned into a great starter on another team... "why didn't Benning let the older, injury prone Markstrom go and just keep the young future star? What a screw up!" Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad