Proposal: The please fire Travis Green thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Aqua will pay to fix rosters f***-ups, but skimps on management personnel(the most important pieces) unless a player makes a public statement about it. Aqua has his yes men, we're screwed

Reactions: Indiana

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Would you ride out Green the rest of the year if it meant both were let go?

Too much possibility for a new coach to come in, turn things around even a little bit, and have ownership decide to keep management in place.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021

Too much possibility for a new coach to come in, turn things around even a little bit, and have ownership decide to keep management in place.
Im pretty convinced that all three are a psckage deal and if one goes all go. No reason to sign green to a two year deal to line up with benning other wise.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Rationale behind making that risky OEL trade instead of waiting 1 year for Beagle/Eriksson/Roussel to expire is to start winning this year right??

Thats what Aqua is sold to get on hook for 6 more years of OEL's 7 million.... so why is it solely the coach's fault?

The puck stops at Benning. Its his team, his staff, his chemistry.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
so lets say you fire travis green, bradshaw gets promoted. baumer gone. the other two assistants stay the new ones. and jason king. the team will fall down further the standings. benning gets fired in january. new gm search is on.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Another random link about how the hockey hall of famer & legendary Hab player Steve Shutt was an integral role in the formation of the band - Rush! and a bass player:

Rush News from Power Windows: Steve Shutt: "Me and Geddy Lee" - The Slapshot Diaries

edit:
oops, link left out the most important part. It was Steve Shutt that introduced Geddy Lee to Alex Lifesong. All three went to the same high school.

I'm even more impressed by the car collection drummer Neil Peart had and I love the link and Steve Shutt is one of my "why is he in the HHOF" guys and Rick Middleton isn't...WTF?

Gooding & Company is thrilled to announce its offering of the world-renowned rock drummer and lyricist Neil Peart’s collection of classic cars at its 17th annual Pebble Beach Auctions. The incredible opportunity to bid on these extraordinary classic cars, dubbed the “Silver Surfers” by the legendary musician, will take place at the company’s two-day sale on August 13 and 14.
-
• 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe
• 1964 Aston Martin DB5
• 1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe
• 1964 Shelby Cobra 289
• 1965 Maserati Mistral Spider
• 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400 S
• 1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS
For more visit goodingco.com
UPDATE: the auction took place last weekend, the results are as follows:
Lot 110: Corvette sold for $368,000
Lot 111: Maserati sold for $274,400
Lot 112: Shelby Cobra sold for $1,160,000
Lot 113: Aston Martin DB5 (did not meet reserve price and will sell later)
Lot 114: Jaguar e-type sold for $318,500
Lot 115: Lamborghini Miura sold for $1,325,000
Lot 116: Maserati Spider sold for $522,000

Reactions: DekeyPete

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jethro isn't going to fire Green.....their fates are now joined at the hip.....if this season flops, they're both gone anyway.

So the best scenario for this team might be another implosion; a mass firing at season's end and a top five draft pick. The only downside, it's going to be tough to endure for an entire season, particularly with Edmonton and Calgary lapping the field so far in the Pacific.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Curious what if Mike Babcock was on the shortlist to replace Green? I do think Green isn't getting through to the players but I hope MB isn't the replacement

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Of course. 100%. Benning needs to go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad