Pre-Game Talk: The playoffs are coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Montour keeps improving every game, great player and I sure love his stick breaking one timers.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Montour. If people see me suggesting we have to shed his salary in the offseason and such, its only because we are in a cap crunch and he' s an offensive D and we have an abundance of those. I was one of the few defending him early in the season when everyone was saying he sucked. I'd like to keep him ideally, but if we are gonna re-sign people like March or Chiarot, then some others are gonna have to go. No way around it. Either you trade a F like Hags or Duke, or you trade a D. We have an abundance of pmd's. We dont have any defensive defensemen except for Gudas and Chiarot. We need a balance, and every one here was saying that all season. Even our ahl/ borderline guys like Kiersted, Carlsson, Priskie, Gildon are all more pmd types. Ludvig is the one exception. I think locking up Chiarot is a priority. He really is the only guy capable of clearing the net front. Gudas will occasionally, but he's more of an open ice hitter. He doesn't have the brute strength and size of Chiarot.

Reactions: MaWa

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I know first practice is tomorrow so I was going to do the Pre Game thread.

Just want to confirm that @pb1300 is still doing the GDT so that we don't do the toll over thing..

Wanted to get it opened so we can post lines, Ekblad status, etc.

I'm thinking we should just do a running pre game talk thread and just change the title after every game

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I really like Montour. If people see me suggesting we have to shed his salary in the offseason and such, its only because we are in a cap crunch and he' s an offensive D and we have an abundance of those. I was one of the few defending him early in the season when everyone was saying he sucked. I'd like to keep him ideally, but if we are gonna re-sign people like March or Chiarot, then some others are gonna have to go. No way around it. Either you trade a F like Hags or Duke, or you trade a D. We have an abundance of pmd's. We dont have any defensive defensemen except for Gudas and Chiarot. We need a balance, and every one here was saying that all season. Even our ahl/ borderline guys like Kiersted, Carlsson, Priskie, Gildon are all more pmd types. Ludvig is the one exception. I think locking up Chiarot is a priority. He really is the only guy capable of clearing the net front. Gudas will occasionally, but he's more of an open ice hitter. He doesn't have the brute strength and size of Chiarot.
Marchment is more of impact player than Chiarot by far, there will be a sacrificial lamb, but I do not think will be any of our forwards.
Chiarot is more than likely gone.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I know first practice is tomorrow so I was going to do the Pre Game thread.

Just want to confirm that @pb1300 is still doing the GDT so that we don't do the toll over thing..

Wanted to get it opened so we can post lines, Ekblad status, etc.

I'm thinking we should just do a running pre game talk thread and just change the title after every game
We can do a series thread and individual GDTs if thats easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad