OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: We'll Have A Gay Old Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Makes sense that they'd like him. Allen is the type of big young WR the Steelers have needed for a long time.

Some people here don't think we should ever take a runningback in the first 2 rounds...I think the same with wideouts.

Just found it in Facebook...

- Free agent running back Steven Jackson on the Pittsburgh Steelers

I would absolutely love to have him on this team.

Oh **** yes. Getting Chance Warmack and then Steven Jackson would complete my wet dream.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Some people here don't think we should ever take a runningback in the first 2 rounds...I think the same with wideouts.

Oh **** yes. Getting Chance Warmack and then Steven Jackson would complete my wet dream.

I'd fall into the never take a RB in the 1st round unless it's a once in a generation freak like Adrian Peterson. I don't really have a problem with 2nd round RB's though.

Why are you so against WR's in round one? Is it an overall philosophy that applies to every team or just with the Steelers because of their success finding WR's in the mid-late rounds?

I agree about Warmack and Jackson. That would get the running game back on track in a hurry.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'd fall into the never take a RB in the 1st round unless it's a once in a generation freak like Adrian Peterson. I don't really have a problem with 2nd round RB's though.

Why are you so against WR's in round one? Is it an overall philosophy that applies to every team or just with the Steelers because of their success finding WR's in the mid-late rounds?

I agree about Warmack and Jackson. That would get the running game back on track in a hurry.

I don't think anything a wideout brings, unless you're looking at a Calvin Johnson, needs to have a 1st round pick spent on him. There is so very little difference between receivers drafted in the 1st round, and receivers drafted later, IMO. I'd rather take a guy later who doesn't have the measurables, but has the hands, and football savvy. I think with receivers especially, teams get sooo caught up in the cattle call process that they forget...dude has to be able to catch balls.

The success the organization has had drafting wideouts probably does have a little to do with my philosophy.

And oddly enough, wideout is the only position on the field, aside from kicker, where I would probably be completely against spending a 1st round pick on a player. I think with runningbacks, you look for those guys with vision, and can have that vision with the physical skillset. People hated the Mendenhall pick, but he was a surefire 1st round talent, IMO. Size, skill, vision, strength. He just had a 2 cent brain.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Very weak class for running backs. There isn't an elite receiver like Calvin Johnson or Fitz in this class.

I would rather to get a defense player or off lineman for first round.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I think I'd take one of the guards (Cooper or Warmack) if one of them are there. That at least could potentially make one part of our team special and O-Line is a pretty good place to be special.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I miss the days where we were consistently getting push, and our runners were getting 5 yards just by falling forward.

Steven Jackson is ideal for us.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I still think Hampton is serviceable. He's not the dominant nose like he used to be, but he's still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad