OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: We'll Have A Gay Old Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxide

Jan 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know money will play a part in Jackson's signing but it seems like he is looking to sign with a contender than just for the money.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Still can't believe Faneca looks like this now.

753203.jpg

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Damn! He looks like he lost over 100 pounds. I wouldn't recognize him if I see him in person.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
If we get Steven Jackson and Jarvis Jones in the 1st round i consider this offseason a success.

The more I look at our roster the more I realize just how desperately we need to add skill position talent this year, moreso than on defense, although there are more defensive players I'd like in the 1st at our spot (especially Jarvis Jones).

Steven Jackson for a couple of years would be huge for us. He'd give us a true NFL starter unlike the guys on our roster now. Then we could draft a guy in the 2nd to 4th rounds like Montee Ball or Christine Michael.

We also need to bring in a WR and there are a ton of options. Patterson/Allen/Austin in the first or Hunter/Williams/Woods/Swope in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
James Harrison ‏@jharrison9292
It's been a great run but all good things must come to a end. Thank you Steelers Nation I will miss you all!

Just tweeted by Harrison...

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
BREAKING: Steelers release 5x Pro Bowl LB James Harrison

Sep 19, 2008
He was always unpopular around the league but I tell you this as someone unbiased he was a great linebacker with the Steelers and I never brought into the hate

Good luck to him

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Never liked Harrison off the field, but his on the field story was great. I loved him as a player. He played the way football was meant to be played. I know he struggled last year, but he will be missed. He was a great run stopper, too.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Sad day, indeed. Never forget his TD interception return in Super Bowl.

How much does it save for our cap?

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
I love this move! He's clearly on a severe decline and wasn't willing to take a paycut.

Any news on Keenan Lewis?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the memories, James! Never will forget your game changing moment in the Super Bowl. You play football the way it was meant to be played. Best of luck.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I like him, but glad he's gone. Time to replace some guys. Another guy I think they should let go is Troy. I know he's a great guy/fan favorite, but let's save another 5 mil for someone that'll play all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad