The Pittsburgher Thread - The standard is the standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
A games against the Bengals couldn’t come at a better time.

I haven’t lost all hope yet, even with Tomlin as coach.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So the Bungles next. A win vs a weak ass team and then get murdered by the Colts.

I’m staying optimistic for the rest of the regular season because we all know how the playoffs end.

Even if they split these last four (tonight included) that’s 13-3. Good enough for me to enjoy.

It’s our reality of being in Tomlin purgatory and we are left with two options:

- watch and be miserable and live under the delusion Tomlin doesn’t have a lifetime job as long as he wants it.

- watch and enjoy them trying to get to 12-13 wins and accept that will be the high point of the season.

They shit the bed tonight, but they have a few more games to get to 13 wins.

The last three games I’ll keep expecting them to win and pull for them.

Being constantly angry about obvious stuff week after week and then being angry when the obvious stuff happens... seems exhausting to me.

I’ve accepted the Tomlin purgatory and am trying to enjoy Steeler football as best I can.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Ok then, f*** him. Release his ass and roll with the f***ing reindeer and Calvin and Dobbs if you think that’ll get them to the promised land.

Do it tonight to save the season! Mason Rudolph, SB MVP!

I don't know what you want me to say to this.

Ben is both much better than Mason Rudolph and much worse than he used to be. He is an average starting quarterback in this league. The offense that he and Randy designed is both incredibly easy for him to execute and has now been rendered completely ineffective once opposing defenses stacked the box to defend the pass (lol).

If we knew that the only way Ben was going to come back was to run this YAC-giggle-fest we shoulda made a run at Bridgewater or drafted Jalen Hurts or something.

I feel bad for TJ, Cam and the guys on the other side of the ball.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Ben is a big reason we have 11 wins so I’m not gonna rail on him. These last few games have been pretty underwhelming, though, and some of that is on his play. Then there’s injuries, drops, play calling, etc.
Of the play calling was better and the f***ing receivers would hold onto balls, he wouldn’t feel the need to force shit.

As I’ve said before, the dink and dunk shit works, but only if you scheme guys open to make uncontested catches while in stride to get the extra yards. Instead, teams are now just flooding the zone and receivers have guys draped all over them and d linemen are getting their hands up and swatting balls left and right. There needs to be some unpredictability and diversion to keep defenses off balance, but there is none.

So then Ben gets desperate to move the ball down the field quickly on a game that they are losing by 11 points and goes for the moon ball DPI and it gets picked and suddenly it’s time to cast this f***ing wanker Ben off because it’s all his fault...

Unbelievable, but whatever it takes to get the blame off of aviators...

Reactions: KIRK and OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

The only way the Bengals game helps is if we kick the shit out of them. If it’s a 3 point win or some shit, I don’t see it as much of a boost.

still think they go 2–1 to close this out.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I get the feeling that with the 11-0 start they not only fooled the fans (some of them anyway) into thinking they were better than they are, they also fooled themselves. This looks like a team that has no idea where to turn. If the Bengals weren't starting their equivalent of Duck Hodges this week, I'd bet on a 5 game losing streak to end the regular season.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
There just isn’t anything that can be done at this point. The running game has been totally abandoned. Ben is looking old. Coaching isn’t making adjustments. Bad penalties. Can’t catch a cold. Just a multitude of things going wrong right now with not much that can be done to fix it at this point. The only thing that can help is getting guys like Haden and Williams back, but that doesn’t fix the problem with the offense being total ass. And half of their shitty OL went down tonight to boot.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Hmmm

Jank and Matheson haven't even stepped on the ice and you are bugging out about that...yet you havent given up on Tomlin?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m staying optimistic for the rest of the regular season because we all know how the playoffs end.

Even if they split these last four (tonight included) that’s 13-3. Good enough for me to enjoy.

It’s our reality of being in Tomlin purgatory and we are left with two options:

- watch and be miserable and live under the delusion Tomlin doesn’t have a lifetime job as long as he wants it.

- watch and enjoy them trying to get to 12-13 wins and accept that will be the high point of the season.

They shit the bed tonight, but they have a few more games to get to 13 wins.

The last three games I’ll keep expecting them to win and pull for them.

Being constantly angry about obvious stuff week after week and then being angry when the obvious stuff happens... seems exhausting to me.

I’ve accepted the Tomlin purgatory and am trying to enjoy Steeler football as best I can.
All I’ve been saying, haha. It’s not worth it to be so pissed. Just save the energy and eliminate the stress by watching something else. The Pens still irritate me more than the Steelers do, TBH, and they’ve won recently.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well-That-Sucked.jpg
tenor.gif

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
2 yard slant 4 yard slant 3 yard slant

Fichtner is a junior high school coach.
A joke, a bloke, did too many same play blokes, did the same plays over and over jokes, no run GAME AT ALL, AR ALL. YOUR high SCHOOL COACHES

Reactions: Andy99

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
All I’ve been saying, haha. It’s not worth it to be so pissed. Just save the energy and eliminate the stress by watching something else. The Pens still irritate me more than the Steelers do, TBH, and they’ve won recently.

It's the other way around for me. I guess I'm wired different. I'm ok with Running Sully and JR for a couple more years

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Of the play calling was better and the f***ing receivers would hold onto balls, he wouldn’t feel the need to force shit.

As I’ve said before, the dink and dunk shit works, but only if you scheme guys open to make uncontested catches while in stride to get the extra yards. Instead, teams are now just flooding the zone and receivers have guys draped all over them and d linemen are getting their hands up and swatting balls left and right. There needs to be some unpredictability and diversion to keep defenses off balance, but there is none.

So then Ben gets desperate to move the ball down the field quickly on a game that they are losing by 11 points and goes for the moon ball DPI and it gets picked and suddenly it’s time to cast this f***ing wanker Ben off because it’s all his fault...

Unbelievable, but whatever it takes to get the blame off of aviators...
I’ll never wish for Ben to be gone. Those are some dark days ahead, as we’ve already seen anytime he’s out. And because we’ve done nothing to address when he’s gone.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't know what you want me to say to this.

Ben is both much better than Mason Rudolph and much worse than he used to be. He is an average starting quarterback in this league. The offense that he and Randy designed is both incredibly easy for him to execute and has now been rendered completely ineffective once opposing defenses stacked the box to defend the pass (lol).

If we knew that the only way Ben was going to come back was to run this YAC-giggle-fest we shoulda made a run at Bridgewater or drafted Jalen Hurts or something.

I feel bad for TJ, Cam and the guys on the other side of the ball.

Well I don’t know what the actual story is here but the HC signs off on everything, so if Tomlin doesn’t like what’s going on, it’s on him to fix it.

The story broke today that something is wrong with Ben’s knee, so is all this playcalling designed to keep him from having to stop back or scramble because his knee is wrecked? If so, they are f***ed the either way...

Again, whatever the case is, the coaching staff signed off on this offensive strategy and they are running with it....

So if you think that Darnold or Stafford or Rudolph would be so much better behind this line, with this coaching staff, have at it...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Muted Colin Cowherd on Twitter. I get he’s being a troll, but he’s acting like he has some big W on Steelers fans after he predicted before the season they’d go 7-9, and basically said all the things most of us here have been saying about this team’s general trajectory the past few weeks?

Like, if you troll a single fanbase, odds are so heavily in your favor that they will fail and you can act like you won. What’s the big ****ing deal lol

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’ll never wish for Ben to be gone. Those are some dark days ahead, as we’ve already seen anytime he’s out. And because we’ve done nothing to address when he’s gone.

There are going to be plenty of interesting names in the QB carousel this offseason.
Darnold, Haskins, Winston, Trubisky.

You look at an Alex Smith or a Fitzmagic or a Dalton. Not world-beaters by any means but they can come in and not sink your team.

Any of those guys has a higher ceiling than Rudolph and certainly a higher ceiling than the other professional backups we've had behind Ben over the years.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Darnold, Stafford, Fitz, etc aren’t doing shit with this team, backup or not. Better than Rudolph? Maybe, but it’s not much of an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad