The Pittsburgher Thread - The standard is the standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Exactly. Ben is not blameless but I wonder how much a lack of game plan hinders him.

I think Ben would do better elsewhere with a better coach. Even now.

On that Juju blow-up play Ben had receivers over the middle who were past the sticks. He elected to throw it into tight coverage 1 yard past the LOS when he needed to pick up 7. Whatever lol Juju Tiktok karma dancing I get it, but how does a HOFer make that decision?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
If Fumbles the Dancing make-up-less Clown dances on the logo next week, bench his little rabbit ass please, I'm getting real sick of his childish shit.
Apparently Tomlin isn’t...

Much like he allowed AB to continuously get penalties for his excessive celebrations, he apparently has no issues with JuJu dancing on opposing teams’ logos every week.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
On that Juju blow-up play Ben had receivers over the middle who were past the sticks. He elected to throw it into tight coverage 1 yard past the LOS when he needed to pick up 7. Whatever lol Juju Tiktok karma dancing I get it, but how does a HOFer make that decision?

Idk if you've noticed over the years but this team rarely (in general) ever comes out ready. That includes the QB position.

Reactions: Pengwins and KIRK

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I was just saying. Give Ben a real coach and he'd be fine elsewhere. Hes too old for Mike Tomlins kindergarten playbook

How can you say that after watching Ben tonight? He can’t throw it past the line of scrimmage let alone down field. If Ben keeps performing poorly Tomlin needs to make the call to bench him, point blank. If he chooses to go down with the ship so be it. If we somehow lose the AFC North, Tomlin is definitely gone.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
How can you say that after watching Ben tonight? He can’t throw it past the line of scrimmage let alone down field. If Ben keeps performing poorly Tomlin needs to make the call to bench him, point blank. If he chooses to go down with the ship so be it. If we somehow lose the AFC North, Tomlin is definitely gone.

Unfortunately Rudolph isn't good enough to justify it. Both from an on-the-field standpoint and a "Ben's legacy" standpoint. If/when Ben gets benched it should be for a guy of a certain stature or "the next guy." Rudolph isn't it.

I'll call myself out here because I never saw this team needing a backup QB even after last year, thought Ben would be good enough and/or it just wouldn't matter anyway. Now that we've reached this point...I wish we had Fitzmagic or Mariota or Tyrod Taylor so badly. Maybe you could argue Dobbs if for no other reason than that he's a runner and so he gives them something different.

Edit: I just want to underscore how much I hate watching an immobile quarterback in the year 2020. Ryan Finley was better than Big Ben today because he has a "flag football frat bro" level of athleticism and thus can scramble. Ben would lose to most of our OL in a straightline race.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Apparently Tomlin isn’t...

Much like he allowed AB to continuously get penalties for his excessive celebrations, he apparently has no issues with JuJu dancing on opposing teams’ logos every week.

He's had no problems with the other team smashing his asshole inside out for the past 3 weeks either.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

He was fine during the Winning streak though. Right? Attrition football and beat your man has been wearing this team out the past few seasons by December.

To me this is all about the kindergarten coaching staff not only not creating a game plan but not mentally preparing the team the right way for games.

Injury problems year after year probably have a lot to do with not being mentally prepared for games.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Those zone read plays that Finley killed the D with tonight really encapsulate the team's shitty coaching. Every team, and I mean EVERY team, works on run fits for defense during the week. They had to be aware that Cincy had it in the playbook and there has to be a force player on the backside. If Highsmith is it, then he has to be aware that they are reading him and he needs to play the QB and allow his interior D to take care of the RB. This is a coaching issue... if players don't know their responsibilities once, you can call it a mental mistake. For Highsmith to be taken advantage of three or four times... just pathetic coaching. Or a complete lack of it.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Ep0OADLXYAE9-aC.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not sure where this is all going with Roth, but tonight really makes me hope this org doesn’t have a 25 year plan to replace him like the previous regimes.

Him getting punked on and off the field tonight was sweet and swift justice... lead by the guy who called him out this week.

Big respect to Bell for not only calling his shot, but doing it clean.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately Rudolph isn't good enough to justify it. Both from an on-the-field standpoint and a "Ben's legacy" standpoint. If/when Ben gets benched it should be for a guy of a certain stature or "the next guy." Rudolph isn't it.

I'll call myself out here because I never saw this team needing a backup QB even after last year, thought Ben would be good enough and/or it just wouldn't matter anyway. Now that we've reached this point...I wish we had Fitzmagic or Mariota or Tyrod Taylor so badly. Maybe you could argue Dobbs if for no other reason than that he's a runner and so he gives them something different.

I’m not advocating for Rudolph necessarily, but if Ben continues to struggle Tomlin needs to step in. It’s not like Ben is going to bench himself. While the season may feel lost, we’re still in the playoffs, anything can happen.

If Rudolph or Dobbs sucks, go back to Ben, but it can’t hurt to try. I’m more partial to Dobbs for the reasons you outlined. Realistically, I understand Mason will get first crack at replacing Big Ben.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’m not advocating for Rudolph necessarily, but if Ben continues to struggle Tomlin needs to step in. It’s not like Ben is going to bench himself. While the season may feel lost, we’re still in the playoffs, anything can happen.

If Rudolph or Dobbs sucks, go back to Ben, but it can’t hurt to try. I’m more partial to Dobbs for the reasons you outlined. Realistically, I understand Mason will get first crack at replacing Big Ben.

Maybe a benching lights a fire under him or gets him to ponder retirement more seriously.

Neither Mason nor Dobbs would have been worse tonight. That's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad