The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm excited to see what Rudolph can do. I liked the pick when it was made. Lets see if he is the QB of the future. I'm ready for the new era to begin. Of course it won't fully begin until the constant underachieving and overrated coaching staff is canned.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is it confirmed that he needs Tommy John? Dude is done if that’s the case.

Considering where he grabbed and how the Steelers say he needs surgery, it would be shocking if he wasn't getting Tommy John surgery. He had the exact reaction of a pitcher who just blew out his elbow and grabbed exactly where his UCL is.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
Sad to see Ben go down like this, but time to get in a new direction. Need 2-3 bad season to get to the top again

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Well this season is going to suck.

I read somewhere that Ben felt an injury during the week?

If he did why the f*** did he play?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Yeah what was the history w Ben’s elbow? Just started having pain this week? I don’t remember anything much prior...?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
If we completely tank the season ole Art will give him a pass.

If we are mediocre with Rudolph ole Art will give him a pass.

If we squeak out a winning record at 9-7 with Rudolph ole Art will sign him to a lifetime extension.

We are never going to be rid of this jerkface.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just opened up twitter and saw that Kaepernick was trending in Pittsburgh, that's enough of twitter today :laugh:

I do wonder who the Steelers will bring in to be Rudolph's backup, though. My first thought was bringing back Landry, but I believe he has a contract in the XFL already.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Everybody thinking Ben gone = Tomlin gone... Wasn't Rudolph Tomlins guy? They fell in love with him scouting Washington and he fell into their hands.

Oh yeah, I'm glad we got that 5th rounder now. Idiots. Should have never traded Dobbs.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Madden probably asked Juju to for an interview or something and was turned down. Or he’s secretly gay for Juju

Mark Madden's only real claim to "fame" is he used to be in pro wrestling apparently. The guy is like 400 f***ing lbs. He's a loud, mouth breathing radio jockey who doesn't have the vocabulary to be anything more than a sideshow.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Everybody thinking Ben gone = Tomlin gone... Wasn't Rudolph Tomlins guy? They fell in love with him scouting Washington and he fell into their hands.

Oh yeah, I'm glad we got that 5th rounder now. Idiots. Should have never traded Dobbs.
oh, you were expecting Ben to get a season-ending injury which has never happened in his career before?

Reactions: Dick Sledge

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

Agonizing over the loss of Dobbs might be one of your more ridiculous takes. And that's saying something.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Ben will play next year. Just seems like the type of guy that would want the victory tour of everybody knowing it's his last season.

Truthfully, Rudolph shows that he is capable as he has been doing, it may play out like what the Ravens did with Flacco and trade him or force retirement.

There’s no way they can give the reigns back to Ben if Rudolph comes in and does well. It would make no sense.

Reactions: Andy99

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

The fact we actually got a 5th back for a career backup in Dobbs is robbery.

Dobbs would have never pulled off what Rudolph did yesterday. If the D actually played like they did in the first half, after the intermission, Pittsburgh wins that game going away. Without concrete hands Moncrief giving Seattle an easy INT, Rudolph's passer rating is 122. It was still over 90 with the dumb pick.

I've been hyping Rudolph since day 1. One of the very few people on this board. I'm all in and based on everything I saw from college to his progression this year, think he's absolutely going to win some games for us despite having a chest thumping moron for a HC. Anyone who can't see the potential #2 has should just give up watching football.

At the very least now we'll see Washington get some legit play time and actual targets.

Ben should just go away at this point but he won't. Such a drama queen and big f***ing douchebag.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27630164/big-ben-season-ending-elbow-surgery

Watch the video linked with the article, Ben isn't done. He will be back before the start of training camp IF it's Tommy John. Mort wouldn't confirm or deny but said his sources indicate it was Tommy John. Said Jake Delhomme felt great two weeks post surgery and after all rehab was over. Isn't as excruciating of a process for a QB as it is a pitcher

Reactions: domaug

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I agree Rudolph is the future and he surpassed Dobbs this preseason. That doesn't mean Dobbs can't play and they should have traded him for Devlin f***ing Hodges because he looked decent in garbage time. Going to look like a complete joke of a team if we have to trot Devlin Hodges out.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Truthfully, Rudolph shows that he is capable as he has been doing, it may play out like what the Ravens did with Flacco and trade him or force retirement.

There’s no way they can give the reigns back to Ben if Rudolph comes in and does well. It would make no sense.
Doesn't sound like something the Steelers would do.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I ****ing hate society today. EVERYTHING negative that is ever levied against a minority is now just chalked up to racism. It's pathetic. Makes the actual meaning of the word worthless. There was a time when EVERY black or brown person in this nation faced legit racism. Openly, sometimes even violent kinds. It's ignorant ****ing ***** like DK that use the word racism to drum up hits and "controversy".

We just had a black President for 8 years. The world and this country aren't perfect when it comes to racial divides but anyone who thinks we're worse off now then we were during segregation is a ****ing moron. Period.

Who thinks that?

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I agree Rudolph is the future and he surpassed Dobbs this preseason. That doesn't mean Dobbs can't play and they should have traded him for Devlin ****ing Hodges because he looked decent in garbage time. Going to look like a complete joke of a team if we have to trot Devlin Hodges out.

Dobbs has zero value here man. You can literally sign a half dozen vets off the scrap heap FOR NOTHING and get the same output. Getting draft picks for guys like Dobbs is exactly the type of shit we should have been doing for years.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Well not every older QB can be Tom Brady, a literal vampire who will continue to play at a high level til god knows when and never again get injured.

Madden just plays off reactions. Claims he was going to start rooting for the Steelers again this year, but now that Ben is out you know he’s going to be hoping they lose. I do sort of agree it’s a bit over the top how certain fans keep burying Ben, but if Rudolph does look good and he tries to come back... it’ll be an awkward ending. And the complaining about Juju BS will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad