The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the whole 'my elbow really hurts all week preparing for the game' transitioning seamlessly into 'oops i blew up my elbow in the game' is really something

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I’m thinking Ben retires at seasons end.

Only way I think he’s back is if we’re middle of the pack this year and Rudolph is middling.

If we suck, it means Rudolph ain’t the answer and they probably start prepping to draft a QB high in either 2020 or 2021.

If we’re good going forward, it’ll mean Rudolph is the guy long term and Ben won’t play for us again.

Reactions: Andy99

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Wow, what a way to go out for the year.

My how the mighty have fallen, no Ben, no AB, no Bell all in about a year, what a f****** mess this has turned into.

Lets see how well Rudolph does in a starters roll and who will back him up?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Best of all, now Tomlin has the perfect built in excuse with BR out for the year.

Yeah I’m worried about that.

Hopefully instead they see it as “end of an era” and time to move on from Ben and Tomlin simultaneously and go forward with a new look.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
As bad as the Ben injury is...

NO has it worse. Losing Brees for 8 weeks makes them go from a superbowl contender to a playoff hopeful.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ben will play next year. Just seems like the type of guy that would want the victory tour of everybody knowing it's his last season.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I know that BR looked like someone's tubby druncle stumbled on to the field and started huckin' the ball around this season (and some of last) and he's certainly not a great human being by all accounts (he used to come to the track around my neck of the woods and act like a giant douchenozzle) but I have to at least tip the cap to the guy and his contributions to my favorite city's football team over the years because an injury like that at his age more or less spells the end.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Welp... with ben being out I guess looking at it on the positive side... we can see if Rudolph can hack it.

If he cant and we end up going like 4-12 or something terrible like that maybe we can get a top pick for Hilbert or Tua or something.

If he can hack it and we still do bad, then go for the best pass rusher available and go FS in the 2nd???

I dunno???

I am a draft fanatic so it would he exciting to see us have a high draft pick for once. Although stinks our season looks like it will be down the shitter.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Really small sample size, but the offense looked a lot better with Rudolph than it has with BR this season.

That’s gotta be a wrap on Roethlisberger’s career. With as awful and unlikable of a person as Ben is I doubt many people feel for him with this sad ending.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah I’m worried about that.

Hopefully instead they see it as “end of an era” and time to move on from Ben and Tomlin simultaneously and go forward with a new look.

I can’t recall an older QB coming back from major elbow surgery...

Ben had a really good run that would have been great had he not been anchored to a fraud most of his career. f***ing hate to see it end like this man...

If they blow hard this season, maybe Tomlin is exposed and fired, but I suspect it will be all about losing his franchise QB and what could he do, robble robble...

As bad as the Ben injury is...

NO has it worse. Losing Brees for 8 weeks makes them go from a superbowl contender to a playoff hopeful.

Steelers weren’t going anywhere so, ya, Saints got it way worse.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Wow, what a way to go out for the year.

My how the mighty have fallen, no Ben, no AB, no Bell all in about a year, what a f****** mess this has turned into.

Lets see how well Rudolph does in a starters roll and who will back him up?

And Shazier... this was a championship team two years ago.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Ffs I wasted an 8th rounder on him in Fantasy.

On the plus side, I thought Rudolph the Red Zone Reindeer at least looked interesting.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Really small sample size, but the offense looked a lot better with Rudolph than it has with BR this season.

That’s gotta be a wrap on Roethlisberger’s career. With as awful and unlikable of a person as Ben is I doubt many people feel for him with this sad ending.

Yinzers gonna yinz. Very reminiscent of how the town cheered when Bradshaw was done.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ben's career is totally done now, there's no way a guy at his age and his physique recovers from a Tommy John Surgery. He has already started to shows signs of a decline and then he got hit with this. He may not retire, but he should.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Guess Ben couldn’t feel his fingers on the sideline... must have known he was f***ed.

Easy Ed suggesting his career could be over to.

Hope Rudolph has a really strong psyche to deal with what’s coming. Dude isn’t getting any help from his coaches or defense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad