OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Greatest Show On Grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
They can't call deep passes when Ben has no time to throw, the running game is nonexistant, and the WRs aren't making plays. This isn't Madden.

Actually until the last two offensive plays the protection has held up. Can't have everyone just run 5-yd routes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ben can't hit a target, though, NAO. He's missed James a bunch in the last couple games. He's way over Brown's head. I have no clue what he's doing.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Ben can't hit a target, though, NAO. He's missed James a bunch in the last couple games. He's way over Brown's head. I have no clue what he's doing.

I don't disagree with that. The secondary is attacking the short routes though and Haley just keeps dialing them up. He's asking his offense to run head first through a brick wall.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't disagree with that. The secondary is attacking the short routes though and Haley just keeps dialing them up. He's asking his offense to run head first through a brick wall.

And i DEFINITELY agree with that. The playcalling looks horrible.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Are you even watching the game? Ben's been hurried about 10 times, sacked 3 times, and has been stripped of the ball.

2 of the sacks and the fumble were on one drive and good qb's are supposed to handle hurries.

If you are gonna say Ben is struggling then I'd agree. I disagree if you think the playcalling hasn't been a factor as well. Haley does this every year. A defense starts playing on a 15 yard field because they see nothing but quick outs, slants, draws and screens. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Haley refuses to change his gameplan either way.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
2 of the sacks and the fumble were on one drive and good qb's are supposed to handle hurries.

If you are gonna say Ben is struggling then I'd agree. I disagree if you think the playcalling hasn't been a factor as well. Haley does this every year. A defense starts playing on a 15 yard field because they see nothing but quick outs, slants, draws and screens. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Haley refuses to change his gameplan either way.

Absolutely not. QBs are not expected to remain composed under constant pressure. Defenses are design to pressure the QB for that very reason: it impacts every QBs composure and accuracy. The offensive line has simply not held up.

Haley certainly does not make great in-game adjustments but there's really not much he can do when the oline is getting wrecked, the running game is going nowhere, and the WRs are failing to make plays.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Absolutely not. QBs are not expected to remain composed under constant pressure. Defenses are design to pressure the QB for that very reason: it impacts every QBs composure and accuracy. The offensive line has simply not held up.

Haley certainly does not make great in-game adjustments but there's really not much he can do when the oline is getting wrecked, the running game is going nowhere, and the WRs are failing to make plays.

Do you think maybe they are getting a ton of pressure because Philly's d is running hard towards the line of scrimmage on the snap because the Steelers have given them no reason to contain the deep ball?

You talk about it being hard to throw deep if you run. The reverse is also true, it's hard to run or throw screens when the defense is effectively playing on a 15 yard field.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I agree, NAO. DB had it... with possession in the end zone. Then the DB takes it and it's a mutual grab. DB had it first, though.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
TB with momentum coming back against the Rams, and game delayed because of lightning. That's a momentum killer.

Today was an abortion.

Bell coming back will be good. Defense needs a few more years of rebuilding. This season will be an adventure when Burns and Davis are on the field. Hopefully, they'll get better as the seasons goes along.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Welp, quite honestly that was one of the absolute worst games the Steelers have played. The last time I can remember a piss poor effort was against Cleveland on a Thursday. We were brutal.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
One of the worst for sure. Only thing that compares is their terrible losses against the Browns and Raiders in the last 10 years.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I was a huge Wentz fan last year coming up to the draft. He really impressed me today. He's going to be around for a long time and he's going to make a fortune in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad