Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
training_camp_2014.jpg

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Heat, humidity, St. Vincent, and the Oklahoma Drill. Can't wait. . . . Well, 3 out of 4 will still be better than watching the Bucs this summer.

Last edited:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
So how are they looking to do this year? How was their draft?

Not the biggest fb fan in the first place but I haven't followed them one bit due to the pens run.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I wonder if Aron Jóhannsson regrets his decision

Doesn't really matter since he's too injured to ever help either team. Sadly he's turned into a soccer version of Beau Bennett.

Considering the US just started Wondolowski in a very important game...man, we could have really used a healthy Jóhannsson these past couple years.

And **** yeah, Iceland :yo:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The NFL is investigating players (including James Harrison and Peyton Manning) based off the Al-Jazerra report where the source recanted.

a.) Why did the NFL take so long to act on this?

b.) Why is the NFL even using a recanted and discredited report as a basis to launch an investigation?

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hey everyone, I'm attending the Guns N' Roses show at Heinz Field, and it'll somehow be my first concert there. :laugh: Anyway, I've got a question to those who've attended shows there before. My current tickets are in 121, but I was thinking about exchanging them for ones in 131. Which one do you guys think are the better seats?

Thanks y'all. :)

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Belgium is definitely less than the sum of their parts

A lot of their individual parts aren't even that great, tbh.

Wilmots is an awful manager and should have been canned a long time ago, but he's not solely responsible for the lack of chemistry. Whilst this is certainly Belgium's "golden generation", that title doesn't mean much compared to the likes of Germany, Spain, etc. Belgium were never the best side in the world in terms of raw talent and they certainly aren't an organized, cohesive squad. This is just another reason why FIFA World Rankings are not to be taken seriously.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Hey everyone, I'm attending the Guns N' Roses show at Heinz Field, and it'll somehow be my first concert there. :laugh: Anyway, I've got a question to those who've attended shows there before. My current tickets are in 121, but I was thinking about exchanging them for ones in 131. Which one do you guys think are the better seats?

Thanks yinz. :)

Depends how far back you are in the section. Generally for concerts, higher is better. With 121 if you are down low you will be looking at the back of the mix crew.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
I guess Bell said in his new rap song that he wants 15mil a year on his new contract.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
That'd be Adrian Peterson money. He needs to play hard for a full season injury free for that type of money to enter the conversation.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
That type of money should never enter the conversation. Bell is a great running back. When healthy, he might even be the best in the NFL, but he's still a running back. It's a position with a relatively short shelf life and there are always good options available. If he comes down close to 10 or 12, I'd probably take the risk on his health and extend him. 15 and I just franchise tag him, then let him walk.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
coming off of the weekend nba free agents just had, id hope plenty of nfl players are asking some pointed questions to their incompetent/corrupt nflpa leadership.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
NBA rosters are what 13-14 guys and only really 7 or 8 see serious time? That makes the NBA incomparable to any other major sports league. When you consider that the league makes more money than the German Bundesliga, there's simply more per player being made by the league.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
coming off of the weekend nba free agents just had, id hope plenty of nfl players are asking some pointed questions to their incompetent/corrupt nflpa leadership.

The thing about the NBA is that the available pool of players is a lot smaller than in other sports. We've gotten to the point where guards who are under 6'5 are considered undersized. High levels of skill and the ability to space the floor are important even for 5s now. Being that size and having that combination of athleticism and skill is so ridiculously uncommon compared to the skill sets that NFL players have that it kind of makes sense how inflated contracts have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad