Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Showing your kids on your shoes is the equivalent of throwing a punch, but turning an escapist game which you get paid millions of dollars to play into a political statement on one of the more divisive issues of our time is just fine?

Damn straight that the NFL is hitting almost comical levels of stupidity.
Oh baby. Hot take alert.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Showing your kids on your shoes is the equivalent of throwing a punch, but turning an escapist game which you get paid millions of dollars to play into a political statement on one of the more divisive issues of our time is just fine?

Damn straight that the NFL is hitting almost comical levels of stupidity.

Both should be okay in my book. It's fine to take a stand, and it's also fine to love your kids.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
The lack of pass rush is killing the defense. They have not a single OLB that can get remotely close to the QB, its pathetic.

Jarvis Jones is such a bust. It annoys me seeing him in a Steelers uniform. Maybe Bud Dupree will amount to something but he's out long term.

Shazier is a really good LB but he's always injured. It's laughable.
Will Justin Gilbert ever play? He can't be worse than a rookie Burns or Davis, can he?

With that said, if the D can be at least as "good" as it was last season the Steelers should be able to make the playoffs.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As much as people love to harp on the D and I agree it's justified, the BEST OFFENSE in the LEAGUE scored 3. In 3 games, they look inconsistent at best. They need to take a giant step forward just as much as the D does for the team to be successful.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
As much as people love to harp on the D and I agree it's justified, the BEST OFFENSE in the LEAGUE scored 3. In 3 games, they look inconsistent at best. They need to take a giant step forward just as much as the D does for the team to be successful.
Yeah I agree. We know the D sucks. We know Jarvis Jones is a bust. We know Shazier is made of glass. But all that shouldn't matter if this supposed great offense sustains drives and puts up points. Look, they're 2-1, which is okay. But in two games the offense hasn't been up to snuff.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
So looks like Sanders did the twerk move after a TD but isn't getting fined (didn't get flagged either). The NFL is just as bad as the NHL in the discipline inconsistency department.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
The NFL is definitely a joke. Allen Robinson spun the ball after a first down and got a unsportsmanlike penalty. If he does it again he's ejected. Embarrassing stuff.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So why is Bell calling himself "The Juice?" Does he not know about the last guy who called himself that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad