GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The era of what could have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Gronk contemplating retirement. Has a shit contact, 2 massive concussions, 3 (2 nfl) back surgeries, twice fractured his left arm, and a punctured lung. Dude is only 29 years old.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Didn't die in Philly. Saw some shit. Last night was the metaphorical hurricane of Flyers fan stereotypes sweeping across the city.

As a Bills fan, the Pats losing, and possible retirements from Gronk, Brady and Belichick... Heaven.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
As a cop your job isn't to keep your fellow cops safe.
In a riot, your job turns to crowd control and always having a “buddy” so you don’t get overwhelmed. Staying in formation, etc. It’s a completely different scenario than day to day patrol. So, yes, it is part of my job. We don’t get worked up about arresting every asshole that throws something. That’s all I was saying. It’s spray people, push them out of downtown, protect yourselves. Arrest only serious offenders, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanielPlainview

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
The one observation I have from yesterday is the NE fans not even caring that they lost. As soon as the whistle went, they all paid their bills and off into the street they went, chatting and laughing with their friends as they went. No head in hands, no shouting at the TV, nothing. Even that young Eagles fan in front of me just stood there once they won. If that was me I would have bounced from one end of the bar to the other.

Zero emotion!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Gronk contemplating retirement. Has a **** contact, 2 massive concussions, 3 (2 nfl) back surgeries, twice fractured his left arm, and a punctured lung. Dude is only 29 years old.

Dude also seems to want to become a pro wrestler.

I think he'll be in Orlando in a matter of months.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
gronk based on financial planning stories and whatnot seems a lot smarter than the caricature he chooses to present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad