GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The era of what could have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I just looked up his bio. He is from Philly.

So yeah, that was him. He was pleading with the security guard to get up there. He looked like he was crying.

Why the hell, does he think he belongs up on that podium.

I remember when the Pens beat the Sharks and Cuba Gooding Jr. was in the locker room. No idea why he was.:laugh:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So I'm not a Patriot fan but I would like to point out that if James White made the same catch that Chris Clement did and the call was ruled a TD everyone would have rioted.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
So I'm not a Patriot fan but I would like to point out that if James White made the same catch that Chris Clement did and the call was ruled a TD everyone would have rioted.
You're probably right but I think how it was called tonight is how it should be. They realized after that Steeler game that it was messed up and you could tell from reviews a couple weeks after and on that they made a change. They stopped doing the whole "needing conclusive evidence" and looked for something to overturn it. Had that Jesse James catch happened tonight, it would have been a TD.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I addressed this earlier.

Attendance down a LOT this year.

Narrative, fair or not, that the NFL gives the Patriots every single call like that.

Only 17 percent of fans wanted the Patriots to win again.

I am not saying that it is aliens, but it is aliens.

The NFL would have lost a lot more fans if yet another call went the Pats way to give them another SB.

Reactions: NMK11

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
lol no doubt. Imagine if Bettman gave the Cup to Burkle first.

I say it every year but that's one of the worst parts about Football to me. Those players give heart and soul and body to win that trophy, and for the owner to get it first is just disgusting to me.

Players literally sacrifice their brains for that thing.

I'm fine with the Owner getting their moment with it but it should be about the team first.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Narrative, fair or not, that the NFL gives the Patriots every single call like that.

The NFL would have lost a lot more fans if yet another call went the Pats way to give them another SB.

The Cheatriots have been in darn close to 50% of the Super Bowls since 2002. (8) If that isn't shady I don't know what is.

They have lost more than most have even played in.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

My biggest point is that a lot of people (not saying you or anyone that I have seen on here so far) want to have it both ways. They want those calls to count but then would have absolutely complained had it happened to a Patriot player. People can't have it both ways like that. In my opinion based on the rule as it stands right now the Clement catch should not have been a TD

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Cheatriots have been in darn close to 50% of the Super Bowls since 2002. (8) If that isn't shady I don't know what is.

They have lost more than most have even played in.

Oh no doubt.

But whether this is all tin hat or not I was certain that this Superbowl they were not going to get any benefit of a close call going their way. It was impacting the bottom line.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
As a cop who has been in multiple riots, you kinda look forward to these...it’s almost a free for all and the OC is spraying on anything that moves. Plus all of the PSP horses were committed to philly for tonight. Just keep yourself and your brothers safe.
As a cop your job isn't to keep your fellow cops safe.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
And to be fair how we, and the entire country outside of Boston feels about the Patriots winning another Super Bowl is how everyone outside of Pittsburgh feels about the Pens winning another Cup.
I'm obviously biased here but I don't think the Pens are on that level. The Patriots win a lot, convicted cheaters, and are always getting questionable calls in their favor. To me there is a lot more disdain for that team than the Pens.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm obviously biased here but I don't think the Pens are on that level. The Patriots win a lot, convicted cheaters, and are always getting questionable calls in their favor. To me there is a lot more disdain for that team than the Pens.

Go read the main board sometime and tell me that.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
And to be fair how we, and the entire country outside of Boston feels about the Patriots winning another Super Bowl is how everyone outside of Pittsburgh feels about the Pens winning another Cup.
As a Pens fan living in Boston I'm ok with this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad