OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Curious Case of Brandon Boykin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Don't sleep on Jacksonville winning the South... Atl, @NO, @Hou

And Bortles is almost the hottest QB in the league.

upset-jaguars-fan.gif

Not a slam at you, this is just my reaction to Jacksonville and "winning" in the same sentence.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You know a lot of Bengals fans thought the same about Kimo's hit on Palmer

Big difference is player reputation, but yeah.

Kimo's hit wouldn't exist today, or if it did happen he'd have the book thrown at him...but Burfict tried to do it (with rules in place now) and is such a notable sack of **** that most teams wouldn't even talk to him in his draft year (allowing the Bengals to get a total steal, but I digress).

Burfict is one of those guys with a list of **** against him so long that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. von Oelhoffen was a vet with a clean history who was visibly shaken about what happened after the fact.

Burfict...he's one of those guys who either plays for the Bengals or Cowboys or nowhere. Ditto Jones.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
You know a lot of Bengals fans thought the same about Kimo's hit on Palmer

Not even in the same ball park. KVO was crawling towards Palmer trying to get him down. It was unfortunate what happened. He just rolled into Palmers leg.

Now look at Burfict's attempt. He clearly tries to "torpedo" Ben's knee by launching himself.

As someone else already mentioned, Burfict is only in the league because two teams were willing to deal with his garbage. The same two teams that took another pos in Jones.

As far as Jones goes, I don't even think google translator could tell me what that pathetic excuse for a life said.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Bengals fans swear to this day Kimo's hit was dirty and intentional

They also think that Burficts hits are legal, that they are the victims and that McCarron can be a suitable replacement and hold the fort until Dalton comes back. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
To be fair, come playoff time nobody should have faith in Dalton.

Though McCarron is doomed...you don't go to Alabama and go on to be a QB in the NFL...been 27 years since an Alabama alumni won a NFL game.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm pretty sure a player could crack Ben across the knees with the Brawny mans ax and you wouldn't see a flag. He gets absolutely nothing from the refs and the league has long been anti Pittsburgh when it comes to fines and dolling out post game punishments.

Bengals fans thought we were getting calls? GTFO. At one point fairly early on it was like 4 for 50 against us and they had 1 for 5. Pitt ended up with 5-82 against 4-27.

Please tell me who was being targeting for "competitive balance"?

I told a bunch of people Sunday evening and today that Dalton breaking his thumb and the slew of Bengals injuries was pure Karma from the football gods. I don't wish injury on anyone but I absolutely grinned and said "**** yes" when Dalton showed up with a cast on. You CLEARLY realize Bell is hurt (Burfict) and celebrate in the first game? What goes around, comes around son.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
As a starter, yes. The last Crimson Tide QB to start and win a NFL game was Jeff Rutledge in 1988 for the New York Giants.

Here's Rutledge's staff photo from last year (head coach of a high school in Arizona).
Rutledge.jpg

Well that settles it. The Steelers need to start printing "We Run the North" t-shirts.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Being that I live in Mobile I get to hear all the time how Alabama is such a great team and that their QBs are very underrated for the NFL. Fact is, they are products of a system, a system that surrounds them with the biggest OL and usually a great running game. All they have to do is not screw up the plays. Nothing more.

McCarron is from Mobile so you can imagine the crap I have to deal with now. He is to Mobile what Tebow is to Jacksonville. Overrated beloved hometown boys.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I get that the SEC is lousy at developing QBs, but that's just friggin' hilarious.

Dartmouth has had multiple QBs win starts since Alabama, and Dartmouth is lousy even by Ivy League standards.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
And let's not even talk about Miami- Ohio, Northern Iowa, and Eastern Illinois.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The SEC doesn't play a game conducive to producing NFL'ers. That's where some of the most overrated NFL players come from, unless it has something to do with catching a football. Secondary and wideouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad