OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Curious Case of Brandon Boykin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
And no penalty after punting the ball into the stands. Where's Ogrezilla to tell us there are no fixed games?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Mike Tomlin: "He kicked the ball in the ****ing stands."

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
truly excessive, but like so harmless in a game where people are receiving massif head trauma left and right. priorities I guess

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Didn't the Steelers win this game fairly easily? But it was fixed for the Bengals to win? Oookay.

It was pretty one sided as far as the person foul calls go early in the game. It seemed like each team was being the same amount of stupid, yet the Steelers were really the only ones to get called.

It isn't fixing games it is just the referee's being terrible at their job.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Knowing what we do about fixed games, its highly probable that some NFL games will be fixed, but when pro or high end college sports games have been fixed in modern American sports, its always been point shaving, not so much dictating wins or losses... I just think NFL refs have too many judgment calls and since most are fans and none rely on that income, may have real biases for or against some teams....

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Knowing what we do about fixed games, its highly probable that some NFL games will be fixed, but when pro or high end college sports games have been fixed in modern American sports, its always been point shaving, not so much dictating wins or losses... I just think NFL refs have too many judgment calls and since most are fans and none rely on that income, may have real biases for or against some teams....

The NBA scandal was never about point shaving, it was about who the league wanted to win.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Because it hasn't been documented in other sports?

You guys talk about this **** every single week. Why would the league be against the Steelers? It doesn't make any damn sense.

What major sports league has had regular league-wide fixing in the modern era of media coverage? The NBA had one ref, and he got caught.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It isn't fixing games it is just the referee's being terrible at their job.
Yep. Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

Yeah, in any given week I would guess something like 25 fanbases feel that the refs were actively against them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't the Steelers win this game fairly easily? But it was fixed for the Bengals to win? Oookay.

It was a curiously fixed game.

For some reason, with this defense, the words 'fairly easily' didn't enter my mind until much later than they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad