Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
6_3330441.jpg

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I'd bet Roethlisberger does have a Lisfranc injury...online says x-Rays are only about 75% accurate, and MRI is next step when that injury is suspected.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Don't trust online. Just about every pain and any symptom I research says cancer....and I don't have cancer, haha.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
do we still use this thread to talk about soccer? Because if I'm being realistic the mls playoffs the past two weeks have been infinitely more entertaining than the nfl

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just gotta feel for Ben. I'd actually be okay if he started diving down like Peyton Manning when a person gets close to him and it's not an absolute need play. We need #7 to be healthy going forward.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well if he does come back for Seattle you know damn well he is going to be targeted low by anyone who can get to him.

I'll be at the game Sunday. Tempering my expectations. When Landry has come off the bench cold, he's been pretty much lights out, given the circumstances. In the one game he started and played throughout, he wasn't too impressive. Wasn't horrible, and also have to factor in being in KC. At home, vs the Browns should be a bit smoother, one would hope.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If Ben has a midfoot sprain, he won't be healed in 2 weeks. I'd say probably closer to another month - maybe more.

Antonio Brown had a hell of a game, and that goes without saying. Had Ben played all season, the guy would have had a record breaking year. Good on Landry for coming in and making the plays necessary to get us the win.

The defense got absolutely gashed. We have corners and safeties that can hit, but none of them can cover. Cockrell has been such a pleasant surprise in that secondary. He is a turnover machine. Mike Mitchell can hit like a train, but his celebrating is pissing me off. He created a fumble, and rather than continuing to play football, he wanted to walk down field and beat his chest. Also running out of bounds and then touching a fumble. That's a standard rule. He can be such a mind numbingly stupid player. We have some really good nickel and dime corners, but we desperately need 2 outside corners.

I'm so happy DeAngelo had a good game. There's going to be a drop off from Bell to him, but he's a highly competent running back. I'm not completely sure why some other team didn't want to take a chance on him being a starter. He has the ability.

Landry Jones is our starter again. We'll see how this turns out.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Well if he does come back for Seattle you know damn well he is going to be targeted low by anyone who can get to him.

I'll be at the game Sunday. Tempering my expectations. When Landry has come off the bench cold, he's been pretty much lights out, given the circumstances. In the one game he started and played throughout, he wasn't too impressive. Wasn't horrible, and also have to factor in being in KC. At home, vs the Browns should be a bit smoother, one would hope.

You also always have to worry about Haley Haleying things up and Tomlin Tomlining things up.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Ben could sure as **** heal in 2 weeks. Anything is possible with the power of modern medical technology. Just call up a good "pharmacist". Hell, I'd bet Ben has already taken his random test so there's no risk.:sarcasm:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Can we talk about cheating in the NFL? With about 2:20 to go in the game, the Steelers complete a 20 yard pass to Brown that all but seals the game. But there is an offensive pass interference on the play called on Wheaton. I decided to go back and watch the play frame by frame and there is contact made between Wheaton and a Raiders defender, but you can't see if it was intentional or not. But I then went back and focused on the ref who made the call. He is a side judge and is the 3rd farthest ref away from the play. What disturbs me is he sees the catch and starts to follow Brown up the sideline. He waits at least 3 seconds while Brown clearly makes it past the 1st down mark and the Raiders coaches are starting to yell about a flag. At this point he decides to reach for his flag.

This is flat out cheating, the Ref waits for the outcome of the play, listens to the Raiders complain and then decides to drop a flag. This ref should be immediately fired today, it is all clearly on the tape for anyone to see.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Even the announcers were pretty iffy on that call. That play happens 50 times a game. Hilarious they decide to call right at that moment

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
"Cheating" seems a bit extreme. Collapsing under the pressure of the moment? Yes. Inconsistently calling a penalty on a play that happens all the time now in the NFL and is rarely called? Yes. But I wouldn't go so far to call it "cheating".

The game was fun to watch - even though both teams are mediocre and even though we had major gaffes/communications breakdowns in coverage (Poor Timmons, doing his best to keep up with Crabtree with no help) - until the refs decided to get more involved toward the end. I though they kind of ruined the flow of the game.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Even the announcers were pretty iffy on that call. That play happens 50 times a game. Hilarious they decide to call right at that moment

I'm not going to complain that they called a pick play, if it were up to me the Patriots would be called on that every play. I'm more mad about the leg whip by Aldon Smith that wasn't called, yet when Carr got hit above the knees there was a 15 yard penalty.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i love how todd haley's playcalling is still an easy shot at the steelers after a game where they put up 38 points and had players with 300 and 200 total yards games. the offensive is rather explosive without 40% of the starting offensive line and people still seem to think 2 or 3 more scream passes than theyd like to see constitutes the OC being an utter failure.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
i love how todd haley's playcalling is still an easy shot at the steelers after a game where they put up 38 points and had players with 300 and 200 total yards games. the offensive is rather explosive without 40% of the starting offensive line and people still seem to think 2 or 3 more scream passes than theyd like to see constitutes the OC being an utter failure.

Yinzers gonna yinz ;)

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I think you guys are missing the point. The ref didn't just make a bad judgement call, I can live with those. He waited to see the outcome of the play that would have ended the game and then upon seeing this result decided AT THAT POINT to reach for his flag.

Anyone who knows squat about refereeing knows you are not allowed to see an outcome and then go back and change your call. This is cheating.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I think you guys are missing the point. The ref didn't just make a bad judgement call, I can live with those. He waited to see the outcome of the play that would have ended the game and then upon seeing this result decided AT THAT POINT to reach for his flag.

Anyone who knows squat about refereeing knows you are not allowed to see an outcome and then go back and change your call. This is cheating.

Or happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad