Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
700.hq.jpg

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
thanks for all the great memories james. including the best play in SB history which i was lucky enough to witness in person

Last edited:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
thank for all the great memories james. including the best play in SB history which i was lucky enough to witness in person

Wow, very nice.

I wasn't at the game, but I echo the sentiment. Thanks James, enjoyed watching you play here.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It kind of got lost in the shuffle with the Harrison news but Stevenson Sylvester wasn't tendered. Not that surprising but some of us here used to have high hopes for him.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
That's surprising. We have no depth for inside LB.

Definitely looks like one of the bigger draft needs this year. I'd imagine Foote will likely be back and Timmons is a stud.

The depth is not pretty though.

Sean Spence - Well, his career is probably in jeopardy. No telling when or if he'll be able to play ball again or how good he'll even be after being so badly injured. Colbert just keeps reiterating that they're keeping their fingers crossed and just hoping he can recover from that injury.

Marshall McFadden - Undrafted in 2011, led the Steelers in tackles last preseason and got promoted from the practice squad briefly.

Brian Rolle - Eagles 6th rounder in 2011 out of Ohio State. He's a tiny 5'10" LB that started 13 or so games for Philly as a weak side LB in a different scheme before washing out there. He's apparently not that good at special teams which is part of why he's had a tough time sticking as a backup.

Kion Wilson - Undrafted free agent signed by San Diego in 2010. Also spent time on the Panthers practice squad.

No Quarter*

Hate to see James go.
I thought when he was healthy he still played with that mad dog mentality and was held by the oppositions left tackle almost every play.
I personally think Woodley is as inconsistent as inconsistent can get. I know it woulda never happened but I wish they woulda renegotiated Harrison and dumped Woodley.
But I'm a Pejorative Slur everybody knows this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah I want to hear this story about winning the trivia contest. It sounds awesome. Was it all sports related?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Weird NFL offseason about to get weirder. Man.. Steelers are going to struggle for a couple years. Hopefully we can get one more from Ben late in his career. However - if someone told me we'd get 2 from Ben, I'd be absurdly happy.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
May I add that the hate for Wallace is amusing. Steelers fans act like he destroyed this team. All he wanted was a fair pay day for his skills. Of course the bar was set high after all his production; wouldn't you do the same? He did not expect "Fitzgerald numbers" but he wanted well paid. The Steelers organization and fan base utterly disrespected him for no reason and I'm actually glad he's deciding to walk. Pittsburgh as an organization and fanbase don't deserve this skills after how he was treated.

First and foremost; the drops garbage is ridiculous. Want to see a list of the top pass-droppers in the NFL? Here they are.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Notice who is missing? Mike Wallace. Statistics also show he was overthrown at 3 passes this year that would have "statistically" been a TD, if actually thrown to him. Here's a .gif of one of them.

9PZnC.gif

What's pathetic is how Steelers fan treat him for this, as if no one has ever done it. Remember your beloved Hines Ward? The man who can seemingly do no wrong? He held out for the same length in training camp in 2005. His productive was almost identical to Wallace's that year. But of course, he does it after getting the Super Bowl MVP in a season where the Steelers made the playoffs that year, so everyone won't judge Ward since the team was successful.

The worst part was the big "Screw You!" this organization did. Wallace rejects their contract, so they turn around and give it right to you Brown; almost like "fine, we'll give it away to someone else who wants it!" Instead of taking their time on that deal, they make an immediate announce of it at training camp. Since when does Pittsburgh do that kind of stuff? That's not the Steeler way; and it never has.

Face it. Mike Wallace gets the diva tag for asking for money that he's earned. He wasn't expecting Fitz money; but he wanted a secure paycheck. Instead, the Steelers turn him into the diva when they disrespected him.

Is Wallace inconsistent? Definitely. Does he lack production at times? Sure. However, his skills and presence are the main reason guys like Miller and Brown have incredible seasons. The Steelers are in huge trouble without Wallace; and they only have themselves to blame for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad