OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: RIP L.C. Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Looks like Haley's wife was sexting naked pictures of herself to some random guy. Between that, the fact that Haley was at a bar less than 12 hours before opening day, the fact that his players generally don't like him and the fact that his offense sucks, how can the Steelers justify keeping him employed any longer?

To be fair we have been screaming for better use of the tight end. His wife can be excused for misunderstanding.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 5h

Sources: Steelers T Kelvin Beachum displaced Mike Adams as starting LT at practice today. He's expected to start Steelers @ Jets out of bye.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Looks like they're trading for Levi Brown too. He was pretty damn terrible last time I checked, so he'll fit right in.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Looks like they're trading for Levi Brown too. He was pretty damn terrible last time I checked, so he'll fit right in.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on that. They had to do something. Mike Adams is just not ready right now and Beachum may have to play guard if Foster misses time. The only other option at tackle if Beachum has to play guard was Guy Whimper if they didn't make this trade. :cry:

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
The steelers are going after a tackle with a pretty high salary right now? To try to save this season? And hurt your future by taking on more dead cap? That is mind boggling.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The steelers are going after a tackle with a pretty high salary right now? To try to save this season? And hurt your future by taking on more dead cap? That is mind boggling.

I hear you but as bad as they've played everybody else in the division is just 2-2. They're only 2 games out of it with 5 division games left including all their home division games. Plus Ben might get killed if Adams keeps playing LT. :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Some people speculating Redman might be part of the deal. Have to imagine the Steelers are sending a decent salary the other way. They didn't have much cap space.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Arians isn't happy with Mendenhall so he might get Redman or Dwyer from them.

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
I hear you but as bad as they've played everybody else in the division is just 2-2. They're only 2 games out of it with 5 division games left including all their home division games. Plus Ben might get killed if Adams keeps playing LT. :laugh:

This team is not a contender. They are not close to being a contender. To hurt the future for this season is nothing but mismanagement.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This team is not a contender. They are not close to being a contender. To hurt the future for this season is nothing but mismanagement.

Or desperation from management more concerned about their jobs than the future.

Remember Dave Littlefield's desperate last move acquiring dead weight Matt Morris on his way out?

Could be some of that.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Ravens also trade for a former highly drafted tackle in Eugene Monroe.

Edit: Looks like Ravens will send their 4th and 5th round picks to Jacksonville for Monroe.

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I thought this was pretty funny:

Mark Madden ‏@MarkMaddenX

Did Ben go? I'm just glad Mike Adams wasn't sitting in front of him. Michael Keaton would have got his 1st career sack.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 4m

#Steelers send conditional pick to Arizona for OT Levi Brown. He's on his way to Pittsburgh. Must pass physical to become official

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Seemes like the guy got a contract of 5M$ per year and the Steelers are up against the cap. I guess we will see what the deal involves but sounds impossible to avoid it to me

Arizona already paid his bonuses on that contract though. Brown will either be a good tackle for the Steelers or they can cut him with zero salary cap consequences after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad