OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: RIP L.C. Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
They need to bring back Starks. I know he stunk in the preseason with San Diego, but he can't be any worse than what the o-line showed today. Outside zone-blocking should not be the top priority for an o-line, protecting the franchise QB should be. Steelers blew it BIG TIME in that regard.

And on a side note, the Steelers spent most of training camp hyping up their zone-blocking scheme, and while Bell's injury could not have been predicted, why the hell would Tomlin start with an RB who is absolutely NOT suited for the zone-blocking in Redman?

This team doesn't care about winning, it cares about being right and it will be their ruination.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Is there a projectile vomit smilie on HF?

Honestly just a continuation of poor play from the preseason. I expected a 7-9 season or around that but man, 7 wins might be hard to come by with this joke of an offense.

The forcing out of Arians just looks worse and worse as time passes.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not that it would have mattered, but that TO Tomlin took at 2:02 left in the 4th.. THE GUY IS AWFUL. How can anyone defend him? All he does is spit out stupid clichés. This team is a wreck, and he is the captain of the ship bringing us down. We needed to go up-tempo there and score before the 2 min mark, without using a TO. That way we have a timeout and the 2 min warning. Nope, we go slow and use the damn TO. What a cluster****. What I would give to have ******* Harbaugh on this team.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Honestly just a continuation of poor play from the preseason. I expected a 7-9 season or around that but man, 7 wins might be hard to come by with this joke of an offense.

*insert "Little Artie" shot* :sarcasm:

Seriously, Arians wasn't perfect, but at least they could ****ing move the damn ball down the field.

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh

i guess third generation ownership woes apply to football as well.

BigBenSF*

but we have to run the ball more, right Rooneys?

joke of a game. The whole team needs to step it up.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
7-9 gentlemen.

That's being generous.

I have to say...I don't disagree.

If Pouncey is gone for the season then this team will be very lucky to win 7. That offensive line/running game isn't good enough to compensate for that, and without a running game then teams can just sit on the defending the pass.

The defense is going to have to win us some games if there's any hope to this season. They looked good today for the most part, but Tennessee's offense doesn't scare anyone.

Worst effort I've seen in a season opener since that 16-0 turd against Baltimore in 2000 where the Steelers were led offensively by Kent Graham and Richard Huntley.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Not that it would have mattered, but that TO Tomlin took at 2:02 left in the 4th.. THE GUY IS AWFUL. How can anyone defend him? All he does is spit out stupid clichés. This team is a wreck, and he is the captain of the ship bringing us down. We needed to go up-tempo there and score before the 2 min mark, without using a TO. That way we have a timeout and the 2 min warning. Nope, we go slow and use the damn TO. What a cluster****. What I would give to have ******* Harbaugh on this team.

yeah, he is terrible in regards to clock-management. There were numerous times earlier in that drive where a TO would of saved 30+seconds of time but he decided to wait and use it to save 2 ticks. A TO after any play that happened after the 3 minute mark saves at least 20 seconds versus the 2 second save he chose. It was literally the worst time to use the time-out.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have to say...I don't disagree.

If Pouncey is gone for the season then this team will be very lucky to win 7. That offensive line/running game isn't good enough to compensate for that, and without a running game then teams can just sit on the defending the pass.

The defense is going to have to win us some games if there's any hope to this season. They looked good today for the most part, but Tennessee's offense doesn't scare anyone.

one of those popped up balls needed to be an int. Or the forced fumble needed to be recovered. Can't blame the defense for the loss because they clearly didn't lose us that game, but as you said they are going to need to win us some games.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Can we all just agree on something.....

Art Rooney II is NOT Dan Rooney. He is a lawyer that was given a football team because of who daddy was and because of that, we're supposed to believe he'll be every bit the owner Dan was.

I don't know if Little Artie hates Ben because of the motorcycle accident in 2006 or because of Milledgeville in 2010, but this is just getting beyond stupid. If Ben brought so much embarrassment to the Steelers, then they should have traded him. However, the Steelers stuck with him, so GET OVER IT and USE HIM. Build the offense around him. Stop trying to "put him in his place." Stop trying to relive the 70's. And most importantly, stop handcuffing him until he's needed to bail the team out. It's Pejorative Slured, unfair to him, and unfair to the rest of the team.

Oh, and Mike Wallace's disappearance was felt. The Steelers had no deep threats on the field. Funny thing is, the guy that has the potential to replace some of what Wallace brought, Markus Wheaton, was on the sidelines most of the game. Gotta give Cotchery his "veteran respect!" That's more important than winning with a rookie with pedigree!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Can we all just agree on something.....

Art Rooney II is NOT Dan Rooney. He is a lawyer that was given a football team because of who daddy was and because of that, we're supposed to believe he'll be every bit the owner Dan was.

I don't know if Little Artie hates Ben because of the motorcycle accident in 2006 or because of Milledgeville in 2010, but this is just getting beyond stupid. If Ben brought so much embarrassment to the Steelers, then they should have traded him. However, the Steelers stuck with him, so GET OVER IT and USE HIM. Build the offense around him. Stop trying to "put him in his place." Stop trying to relive the 70's. And most importantly, stop handcuffing him until he's needed to bail the team out. It's Pejorative Slured, unfair to him, and unfair to the rest of the team.

Oh, and Mike Wallace's disappearance was felt. The Steelers had no deep threats on the field. Funny thing is, the guy that has the potential to replace some of what Wallace brought, Markus Wheaton, was on the sidelines most of the game. Gotta give Cotchery his "veteran respect!" That's more important than winning with a rookie with pedigree!

I agree with all of this except the shot at Cotchery. He was excellent and deserves to play over Sanders if today was a good example of each.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hell of a game by Geno Smith, statistically speaking.

BigBenSF*

I hope Jarvis starts over Worlids for the rest of the season. Totally outplayed him this week.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I agree with all of this except the shot at Cotchery. He was excellent and deserves to play over Sanders if today was a good example of each.

I didn't mean it so much as a shot at Cotchery rather than a shot at the Steelers outdated philosophies. Cotch is a nice as a #4, but Wheaton has the pedigree. Wheaton could possibly stretch the field. That was needed today, but the Steelers stubbornly stuck to their ways of not playing rookies much.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I didn't mean it so much as a shot at Cotchery rather than a shot at the Steelers outdated philosophies. Cotch is a nice as a #4, but Wheaton has the pedigree. Wheaton could possibly stretch the field. That was needed today, but the Steelers stubbornly stuck to their ways of not playing rookies much.

I guess my point is that Cotchery should be ahead of Sanders on whatever the receiver depth chart is. I know nothing about Wheaton, but if he becomes our number 2 then I think Cotchery should be 3 and Sanders 4. At least as long as Heath is out.

Fire Shero*

Sadly the steelers were better than the buccos.

I love how when are going to run the ball so much but yet have probably the worst group of rbs in the league. Redman shouldn't start on a CFL team. I know bell is injured but damn. Our rbs are horrrrrible.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You know what's really funny, Little Artie wants to build his team to be just like daddy's was in the 70's, but daddy's team eventually became a high-scoring, pass heavy team in the latter part of that decade.

Steelers 35, Cowboys 31

Steelers 31, Rams 19

But god forbid we talk about that! Because that ain't STILLERS FOOTBALL!

So why is Little Artie so resistant to changing philosophies? Dan wasn't resistant to it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
whether you love or hate mark madden, his "fredo" nickname for Art II is dead on.

Fredo is a pretty good nickname, but I like "Little Artie" better because it's so cute that daddy's boy is trying to pretend he knows something about football! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad