OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Riding The Bus to Canton|Polamaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Kid's a freak. 6'3", 215 lbs, ran a 4.35 at the combine and can jump and catch everything in sight. Probably compares the most to Deandre Hopkins

He makes more sense as a top 10 pick than former WVU WR Tavon Austin did.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The USMNT playing Denmark in Ã…rhus right now...can't say how much I wish I were there. That's where I studied abroad.

It'd be great to see US player and former AGF striker Aron Jóhannsson score today.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
weather looks pretty brutal and the US is back to hoofing it long...and just then bradley picks out a beautiful pass to jozy who unselfishly (stupidly?) sets up aron for the finish.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That was atrocious. I'm almost glad Denmark scored twice late to 'steal' the game...the US had no business being in this game.

I'm running out of patience with Klinsmann...so many questionable decisions and so many horrific finishes. Since the World Cup the US has scored 1 second half goal (which was today) and conceded 12.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
That was atrocious. I'm almost glad Denmark scored twice late to 'steal' the game...the US had no business being in this game.

I'm running out of patience with Klinsmann...so many questionable decisions and so many horrific finishes. Since the World Cup the US has scored 1 second half goal (which was today) and conceded 12.

brek shea finally gets some minutes in orlando as a LB...so jurgen - in a decision as dumb as anything bylsma ever did - plays him at left wing. the central defense sub late in the game was also ridiculously dumb, but that might be because orozco having an injury.

overall, the german-americans were hugely disappointing. johnson has the talent to impact every match, but was largely invisible. brooks continues to make stupid mental errors. chandler seems incapable of replicating his club consistency for country.

klinsmann has run out of excuses, the team is playing unattractive soccer. maybe they have some creative ideas in possession, but most of the xi are so uncomfortable holding the ball that they are hoofing it before anyone has any chance to see some. brutal disheartening stuff again.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm not expecting Randy Gregory to fall to us, but if he does that would be amazing. The fact that he failed a drug test at the combine has to raise some red flags. Realistically if he falls out of the top 10 he'd probably get drafted before our pick.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
So we signed DHB again. Didn't see that coming

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12562307
I'm not really surprised. We needed WR/special teams depth and he was always a dirt cheap option for that. Kind of figured he'd be brought back at some point.
I'm not expecting Randy Gregory to fall to us, but if he does that would be amazing. The fact that he failed a drug test at the combine has to raise some red flags. Realistically if he falls out of the top 10 he'd probably get drafted before our pick.
Seems more like a Bengals pick and they pick one pick before us.

I'm not sure I would take the kid. He seems pretty addicted to smoking that stuff. He failed drug tests in January and April of 2014 and again at the 2015 NFL combine. He also admits smoking it as recent as December 2014. I'm just not buying that he can drop this habit so quickly. I hope he can for his sake but I'm skeptical.

Personally I don't care if people smoke marijuana but the league has strict rules against it and he will enter the league with already one strike against him because of the failed combine test.

YinzAintBurgh*

I'm not sure I would take the kid. He seems pretty addicted to smoking that stuff. He failed drug tests in January and April of 2014 and again at the 2015 NFL combine. He also admits smoking it as recent as December 2014. I'm just not buying that he can drop this habit so quickly. I hope he can for his sake but I'm skeptical.

Personally I don't care if people smoke marijuana but the league has strict rules against it and he will enter the league with already one strike against him because of the failed combine test.

As much as I want a DB if he falls to us they have to take him. They were able to help Mike Adams turn it around and Bell. I'm afraid they won't even take a chance on him after Blount/Bell last season tho.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I'm not really surprised. We needed WR/special teams depth and he was always a dirt cheap option for that. Kind of figured he'd be brought back at some point.

I would be more concerned if it was a prescription pill addiction, considering most players have that. Weed is weed.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Galaxy lose in the 93rd minute :banghead:

The MLS really needs to stop playing games during these international breaks, losing both forwards made a scoreless draw on the road an appealing outcome.

Shrimper needs to start watching the MLS so I have someone to talk to here, the Galaxy have no presence on the LA board (yet oddly we're the most repped American team on the soccer board).

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I'm a huge mls fan, but just can't pull off supporting nycfc. mainly watch the young american players and dream of future national team caps

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Man City and Yankee connections make it impossible for me to like that team. If only the alternative there wasn't a team named after an energy drink playing in New Jersey...

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Since the Pens are depressing I guess we can pick up the draft talk.

There's things going around that Shane Ray could drop. That could be good in several ways for the Steelers. Either he drops and we pick him or he drops and someone else jumps at the chance and a corner drops.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
the nfl is so evil. just a giant monolithic arbitrary organization that emanates a never-ending slug trail of sleaze. that's before even getting into some of the real concerns over the long term effects of the sport of football. harder and harder to be a supporter of this crap.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Absolute joke considering 1st time offense. This is right up the NFL's alley though to screw Pittsburgh. No different than suspending Ben 6 games for never even being charged with a crime a few years back. DUI is automatic 2 game suspension, but surprise, surprise, they offered zero explanation as to why he's got to sit an extra game AND lose a 4th game check.

Hell i remember when they "invented" the comp pick rule that players of a certain age signing with another team wouldn't net you a comp pick when lost in FA (Alan Faneca).

Aplogizing after the fact for blown calls in the postseason etc. The NFL has long **** on Pittsburgh every step of the way.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
With him appealing it will probably drop to two games which is what everyone thought it would be.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yea but Blount didn't get the DUI, Bell was the one driving. big difference there

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
If it doesn't get dropped to 2 games it will be a travesty. Just the NFL sending another message that no one is bigger than the league.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Not surprised. I mentioned a while back the NFL could suspend Bell as many as 4 games under the policy. Usually they just suspend two games but Goodell loves to stick it to the Steelers. Amazing how he felt Ray Rice beating the crap out of his fiancee was only worth two games last year and now Bell gets 3 for this.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Absolute joke considering 1st time offense. This is right up the NFL's alley though to screw Pittsburgh. No different than suspending Ben 6 games for never even being charged with a crime a few years back. DUI is automatic 2 game suspension, but surprise, surprise, they offered zero explanation as to why he's got to sit an extra game AND lose a 4th game check.

Hell i remember when they "invented" the comp pick rule that players of a certain age signing with another team wouldn't net you a comp pick when lost in FA (Alan Faneca).

Aplogizing after the fact for blown calls in the postseason etc. The NFL has long **** on Pittsburgh every step of the way.

It's mostly just since Goodell took over, and I think the blown calls prior to that were just blown calls (like the one vs the Titans in the playoffs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad