OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Riding The Bus to Canton|Polamaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The defense sucked, Roethlisberger and Miller clearly weren't okay after those hits and made plays that they never do as a result...but at the end of the day the Ravens were just the better team.

Does Bell change that? Probably...but oh well. 11 wins and a division title is more than anyone expected out of this team.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
114-14 penalty yards.

Hey Haley, you won time of possession by over 10 minutes!
Nice adjustments LeBeau.
Tomlin.. you're a joke of a coach. You won a Super Bowl with Cowher's players and have done nothing since. You go 8-8 every year. Got a soft schedule this year. Next year you won't be so lucky. We're stuck with this guy for the next 20 years. -.-

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Getting to this point and losing in the playoffs was a good season for this team. The only reason it sucks is the fact they lost to the Ravens. It wouldn't be a big deal at all if it were to the Chargers or someone like that but not much you can do about that.

I thought Wheaton and Bryant made progress. There's a lot of positives to take out of this season in general but they need to address the secondary and pass rushers to take the next step.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He doesn't drop those screens, that's for sure. The fact we ran so many with these running backs drove me crazy.

I still can't believe how lucky Suggs was on that interception. You couldn't do that if you tried.

At the end of the day this team took big strides from where they stood just a few months ago and there's reason for hope next year. It just sucks to lose to the ****ing Ratbirds.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I was hoping Tomlin would go to Univ. of Texas last offseason. Now we have him for another 2-3 years. Tomlin is basically Byslma. Clean house please for the love of God. Haley needs to be gone.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Getting to this point and losing in the playoffs was a good season for this team. The only reason it sucks is the fact they lost to the Ravens. It wouldn't be a big deal at all if it were to the Chargers or someone like that but not much you can do about that.

I thought Wheaton and Bryant made progress. There's a lot of positives to take out of this season in general but they need to address the secondary and pass rushers to take the next step.

Yeah, more wins than expected. Defense will still need to make huge strides next year for team to compete for a SB. D line came along, but secondary is obvious weakness. I thought Worilds was quite disappointing this year. I expected a better season after he seemed to get it at the end of last year. O line could use some depth. I think it's OK now to cut Adams. Hopefully Troy and Ike retire.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
114-14 penalty yards.

Hey Haley, you won time of possession by over 10 minutes!
Nice adjustments LeBeau.
Tomlin.. you're a joke of a coach. You won a Super Bowl with Cowher's players and have done nothing since. You go 8-8 every year. Got a soft schedule this year. Next year you won't be so lucky. We're stuck with this guy for the next 20 years. -.-

Not that I think Tomlin is a great coach, but Cowher got upset by lesser teams in the playoffs every year with his players.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm with the change of scenery. So much is on the coaches.

Really, and I'll say it again, going to hurry up at the begining of the 4th would have impacted this game. The Ravens would have found it hard to get set properly.

Advantage Ben and recievers.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not that I think Tomlin is a great coach, but Cowher got upset by lesser teams in the playoffs every year with his players.

Atleast Cowher actually made the playoffs. Seriously you have a QB like we do, you better make the playoffs every year. The last 2 years were completely inexcusable and we're lucky to have gotten hot down the stretch this year. Plus Cowher never had a QB like Ben. (except after we drafted Ben.. and won it all)

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Without a doubt.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And sadly as I predicted, the great unwashed are turning on Roth again. Makes me laugh how stupid Yinzer nation is. I would have been more shocked if they didn't turn on him.

Without Bell and this defense, it was going to be tough sledding.

Anyway, I was happy with how the season want.

A number of young guys developed and they got back in to the playoffs. The secondary and pass rush needs major work, but we'll see how things go.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Seriously, the parallels between Tomlin and Bylsma are unreal. Tomlin is slightly better, but not by much.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Tomlin is a hell of a lot smarter than Bylsma...but every bit as stubborn.

My continued line is you don't ditch him without an upgrade available. I don't think Tomlin is a bad coach, I think he's in the top half of NFL head coaches...but I agree with those who say a change of scenery may be best for both parties.

Not that there's a chance that he's going to get fired for this.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Fire Tomlin, Lebeau, and Haley.

I don't think they lost because of coaching. This team had fatal flaws personnel wise. It was just a matter of which opposing team/QB would finally expose it. The team still had a good run this year. Way more than I expected out of this group.

It didn't help that Colbert had the opposite free agency of Rutherford. JR hit it big with most of his signings. Colbert struggled.

He brought in

Blount - Busted for drugs and then released for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cam Thomas - Awful at football

Mike Mitchell - This guy makes me miss Ryan Clark and I'm not even talking prime Ryan Clark. He makes me miss a washed up Ryan Clark at this point.

Secondary needs revamped and we need a pass rusher. Good news is we have a lot of MLB's and some good young D-Lineman in Heyward, Tuitt and McCullers to build around.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Tomlin is a hell of a lot smarter than Bylsma...but every bit as stubborn.

My continued line is you don't ditch him without an upgrade available. I don't think Tomlin is a bad coach, I think he's in the top half of NFL head coaches...but I agree with those who say a change of scenery may be best for both parties.

Not that there's a chance that he's going to get fired for this.

And just as underachieving. You could argue that we should've had a bye. Losing to the Jets and Bucs shouldn't happen. Granted, we did play way over our heads at times, like the Indy game for example, but we lost to 2 garbage teams that'll be picking in the top 6 for the upcoming draft.

He won't be fired. He can go 8-8 the next 2-3 years before he catches any heat. There are certainly worse head coaches though, that's for sure.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
hard to put into words how sad it makes me feel having to describe polamalu as pathetic, but wow. bad in coverage, bad at wrapping up (like always), but just unbelievably slow in pass rushing too. Ouch. Definitely need two new starting safeties. We ranted about how bad the offensive line was against a good pass rush early in the year and without bell that group was exposed again. He really does make the offense work and without him healthy you need a new left side of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad