The Pittsburgher Thread - No seriously.. the next team will feel our wrath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Someone should. Definitely none of this is on him so anyone blaming him is just pushing some dipshit narrative.

I do blame Tomlin for not putting a stop to the logo dancing BS.

Just stupid especially after what the Bills said last week.

Having said that, the play where he fumbled was 100% on #7 and one of the worst plays of his career. Mostly the absolute gutlessness of the decision to throw it one yard into coverage when he needed seven on third down because he lived in his fears all night. Something that would be memed to high heaven if Rudolph made that play.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Haskins? Trubisky? WINSTON?! Please allow me violently expel my dinner.

I haven’t heard anyone say Trask has average arm strength. He looked really good against Alabama playing with a bum knee. He makes every throw out there and rarely throws picks. And he’s athletic enough to not be statue, I think he’s expected to run a 4.8, which matches Mahomes. He’s got heart as well. He’s probably the second best QB prospect in the draft, the Steelers would be fortunate if he made it all the way to them without having to move up.

Reactions: Hungamania

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

I haven’t heard anyone say Trask has average arm strength. He looked really good against Alabama playing with a bum knee. He makes every throw out there and rarely throws picks. And he’s athletic enough to not be statue, I think he’s expected to run a 4.8, which matches Mahomes. He’s got heart as well. He’s probably the second best QB prospect in the draft, the Steelers would be fortunate if he made it all the way to them without having to move up.

Wasn't he the dwarf dude in X-Men: Days of Future Past?

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Winston is my vote in a tanking scenario. My top choice (trade up) is Wilson. I prefer Mac Jones to Kyle Trask. Trask just doesn’t impress me. Wouldn’t be mad if we took either in the late 1st/2nd round.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I'm firmly in the belief that you don't take a QB unless it's the #1 player on your board in the late first round this year when it's evident that you'll probably picking much higher in the near future. They need a sure thing at QB not a developmental prospect. These coaches suck, they aren't developing film let alone a project QB.

Reactions: vodeni

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I was arguing for taking him. And he is not bad athletically. Simply not up there with the very best. His strength is his smarts, reads and touch on the ball.

I could see him out-playing those taken above him over a career.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This is Stephen King **** right here

Ep0QE1CVEAUeWz-

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm firmly in the belief that you don't take a QB unless it's the #1 player on your board in the late first round this year when it's evident that you'll probably picking much higher in the near future. They need a sure thing at QB not a developmental prospect. These coaches suck, they aren't developing film let alone a project QB.

I think as of now you cut Ben, bring in Trubisky or Darnold or whomever and let them battle it out with Mason. Then take your tanked top-10 pick next year and draft your QB.

Of course fire Fichtner in the process.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I think as of now you cut Ben, bring in Trubisky or Darnold or whomever and let them battle it out with Mason. Then take your tanked top-10 pick next year and draft your QB.

Of course fire Fichtner in the process.

I think you might be able to let Ben play and get the same result without the bad PR of cutting a legend. Unless that bad PR followed by a terrible season gets the entire coaching staff fired... in which case, do that.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
You can find great Quarterbacks at the bottom of the first. Jackson was only the latest example. Rogers, others. The question is whether you think that Quarterback taken has that potential. I happen to believe that Trask does.

He has been underestimated his entire life. All he does is produce. And he is the straw, he is not simply surrounded by a ton of talent.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think you might be able to let Ben play and get the same result without the bad PR of cutting a legend. Unless that bad PR followed by a terrible season gets the entire coaching staff fired... in which case, do that.

It's just really tough to watch him out there, man. The inability to move is the saddest thing to me. You're seeing pockets collapse where 90% of NFL QBs would be able to escape and extend the play and he just can't. The captain checkdown and "OMG Diontae has a window 1.5 yards down the field, quick chuck it" stuff is hard to watch as well. I'd hate to be one of the receivers this year.

But all-in-all, you're probably right. He'll be a bottom-5 QB next year behind a terrible OL, so we'll suck again.

Reactions: Selfish Man

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
It's just really tough to watch him out there, man. The inability to move is the saddest thing to me. You're seeing pockets collapse where 90% of NFL QBs would be able to escape and extend the play and he just can't. The captain checkdown and "OMG Diontae has a window 1.5 yards down the field, quick chuck it" stuff is hard to watch as well. I'd hate to be one of the receivers this year.

But all-in-all, you're probably right. He'll be a bottom-5 QB next year behind a terrible OL, so we'll suck again.

I've disliked him being on the team since Milledgeville so I don't really care for his sake that he looks like late-stage Namath or Unitas out there. I do care that it's hurting the team. He's been great this decade, no doubt about it, but I'm only a fan of the jersey he wears, not him.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Winston is my vote in a tanking scenario. My top choice (trade up) is Wilson. I prefer Mac Jones to Kyle Trask. Trask just doesn’t impress me. Wouldn’t be mad if we took either in the late 1st/2nd round.

If they're tanking, they shouldn't waste cap on a bad veteran. Just run with Rudolph.

Trask is the second best prospect after Lawrence. He has NFL size, and is decently mobile. He actually reads defenses, fits throws into tight windows, uses his eyes to manipulate DBs, shows excellent pocket awareness, and a whole host of things that people are just flat out ignoring because he lacks elite arm strength and he's not mobile like Lawrence or Fields. And I hope it stays that way so the Steelers can snag him while the Jets or 49ers or whoever waste their picks on Wilson and Fields.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I do blame Tomlin for not putting a stop to the logo dancing BS.

Just stupid especially after what the Bills said last week.

Having said that, the play where he fumbled was 100% on #7 and one of the worst plays of his career. Mostly the absolute gutlessness of the decision to throw it one yard into coverage when he needed seven on third down because he lived in his fears all night. Something that would be memed to high heaven if Rudolph made that play.
I don't care that Juju does that. If your team that is 11-1 can't get up to play against teams coming after you or even when you're 11-2 going up against a rival team that is 2-10-1, then it doesn't matter if Juju walks to center field and takes a giant shit on the opposing teams logo, the team showed up like a f***ing joke 3 games in a row and anyone of us that criticized Ben even a little during the streak where the issues were showing up and becoming more of a consistent issue, were lambasted because hurr durr ole Gropelisberger is a legend or some shit.

I do agree that it got more attention than it should have considering he did it for f***ing 11 straight games and then suddenly it was an issue because a team that wasn't ass, made a stink about it. Tomlin should have, at that point, sat him down and told him not to and have Juju say he wasn't going to for a bit because it's become something it wasn't meant to be and then stay mum.

The issue is on Tomlin. Always has been. If your coach can't convey the message, get a new messenger.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If they're tanking, they shouldn't waste cap on a bad veteran. Just run with Rudolph.

Trask is the second best prospect after Lawrence. He has NFL size, and is decently mobile. He actually reads defenses, fits throws into tight windows, uses his eyes to manipulate DBs, shows excellent pocket awareness, and a whole host of things that people are just flat out ignoring because he lacks elite arm strength and he's not mobile like Lawrence or Fields. And I hope it stays that way so the Steelers can snag him while the Jets or 49ers or whoever waste their picks on Wilson and Fields.
They should be playing Rudolph at least one f***ing game, full. When the team was better they should have been. You either figure out he's worth keeping around or you're gonna get stuck keeping him because you're not sure and waste a spot on him on the roster.

But even if Rudolph got a shot, would it matter? Randy f***tner would still tell him to do the wrong shit. In Ben's case he's making choices on top of Randy's stupidity and you're just seeing a player too long in the tooth tarnishing whatever is left of his legacy.

If anyone thinks we still have a shot, I've some magic f***ing beans for ya, transfer me your life savings.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Obviously I agree. He is not a product of a team filled with talent, or have a perfect chemistry combo with one star receiver, he is the star that makes everyone better.

When Pitts, one of the best TE prospect to come out recently, went out for a couple of games with a concussion the next TE came in and put up huge numbers. Trask regularly targets eight different receivers in a game.

I hate to use the Brady comparison because obviously not. But the strengths are similar of his intelligence and reads that will make him a star in the NFL.

But he will last until the end of the first round because he does not have a Canon arm and doesn't run like Jackson can. Those who pass him over will regret it though.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ben should retire this year. Focus on getting a QB through trade or draft. How much comes off the cap then? Go get Wentz if you can.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Beating a dead horse here, but hey just for extra emphasis, Mike Tomlin has 9 losses in the last 3 December’s. And a pretty good chance to make that a nice round 10 come next Sunday.

...add to that 3 playoff wins since they lost that SB to Green Bay nearly a decade ago. And 1 of those they couldn’t have backed into anymore between needing the Jets to lose in Week 17 thanks to another terrible December loss to the Ryan Mallett Ravens, and the Bengals self-destructing in the actual WC game.

...also, his record is flat out terrible against the spread vs. sub .500 teams.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Beating a dead horse here, but hey just for extra emphasis, Mike Tomlin has 9 losses in the last 3 December’s. And a pretty good chance to make that a nice round 10 come next Sunday.

...add to that 3 playoff wins since they lost that SB to Green Bay nearly a decade ago. And 1 of those they couldn’t have backed into anymore between needing the Jets to lose in Week 17 thanks to another terrible December loss to the Ryan Mallett Ravens, and the Bengals self-destructing in the actual WC game.

...also, his record is flat out terrible against the spread vs. sub .500 teams.

But but but win percentage.

I've provided stats!

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
This season is over. But next season we still have a top 5 defense even without Bud. We could win the SB if we replace Tomlin and Ben. Rudolph is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad