The Pittsburgher Thread - No seriously.. the next team will feel our wrath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not sure where this is all going with Roth, but tonight really makes me hope this org doesn’t have a 25 year plan to replace him like the previous regimes.

Time to face that the window has closed.

One of the mock drafts has the Steelers taking Kyle Track of Florida at the bottom of the first round. It wouldn't be a bad pick at all. He has average arm strength, average athleticism.

However he already reads coverages at an NFL level, and has great touch on the ball. He actually reminds me of what I said of Bush coming out of college. Won't wow you but rarely makes mistakes and just efficiently does his job. I would take that over a workout warrior every day of the week

Reactions: Pengwins

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
One of the mock drafts has the Steelers taking Kyle Track of Florida at the bottom of the first round. It wouldn't be a bad pick at all. He has average arm strength, average athleticism.

However he already reads coverages at an NFL level, and has great touch on the ball. I he actually reminds me of what I said of Bush coming out of college. Won't wow you but rarely makes mistakes and just efficiently does his job. I would take that over a workout warrior every day of the week

Steelers need a legit plan to replace Roth that doesn’t include a UFA, Rudolph, or even a late first round pick.

They need to get into the top ten and get a guy in the next couple years and look to the future.

Again, if you can jump up for Bush, you can do it for your future franchise QB.

They have to be aggressive and very proactive about finding Roth’s successor, not just sit back and hope they get lucky.

That’s how you go 24 years between guys for sure.

What cliches did I miss in the post game pressers???

Does it matter?

Tomlin already has his excuses for blowing the season, so Rooney will chalk it up to bad luck... for the tenth year in a row.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Since its a new thread I'll leave this at the top. The main quote for me here (this 3 years ago) Terry: "I don't know what he does".

I've been asking the same question. What exactly does he do?

[Yt]

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Steelers need a legit plan to replace Roth that doesn’t include a UFA, Rudolph, or even a late first round pick.

They need to get into the top ten and get a guy in the next couple years and look to the future.

They have to be aggressive and very proactive about finding Roth’s successor, not just sit back and hope they get lucky.

Let this Ben be the QB next year and we're staring down the barrel of a 6-10 season.

Home games
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Broncos
Raiders
Lions
Bears
Colts/Titans

Road games
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Chiefs
Chargers
Packers
Vikings
Bills/Dolphins

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Does it matter?

Tomlin already has his excuses for blowing the season, so Rooney will chalk it up to bad luck... for the tenth year in a row.

Rudolph might be your express ticket to a top 5 pick.

Then again, so might bringing back the Ben/Randy O next year.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

I’d rather go with Winston. Would make losing exciting at least. Considering the strength of our division (assuming Burrow recovers) we might be the worst team in the division next season naturally, no tank required.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Let this Ben be the QB next year and we're staring down the barrel of a 6-10 season.

Home games
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Broncos
Raiders
Lions
Bears
Colts/Titans

Road games
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Chiefs
Chargers
Packers
Vikings
Bills/Dolphins

Roth will find a way to keep this team at least a mediocre 8-8... but that gets you maybe within a sacrifice of a 2nd rounder away from getting in range to get your franchise guy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is me guaranteeing a win next week.

The Steelers always win just enough to ensure no changes ever get made and no one is ever held accountable.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’d rather go with Winston. Would make losing exciting at least. Considering the strength of our division (assuming Burrow recovers) we might be the worst team in the division next season naturally, no tank required.

Haskins or Trubisky would also be better. Although it's looking like the Bears'll bring Trubisky back after all.

If you cut Ben you eat $23M but you can easily bring back Dupree. This assumes as well that Pouncey and at least 1/2 of Ebron and Vance are gone.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Well today is Kevin Greene day

ed1bd5b264a82837d964b7a59eaf6774.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Do you think JuJu will continue having fun?

He’s just a happy go lucky kid that doesn’t realize he’s disrespecting other teams.

He needs to do a Tic Tac drunken sailor dance next to imitate how he felt when Bell knocked him into adulthood.

Reactions: That1Kid

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Roth will find a way to keep this team at least a mediocre 8-8... but that gets you maybe within a sacrifice of a 2nd rounder away from getting in range to get your franchise guy.

With a roster decimated by cap casualties? In this offense? With a coaching staff that refuses to adapt or change? With his physical tools slipping? Saying nothing about the mental errors he was making tonight... I'm seeing a 2003 Tommy Maddox-like season on the horizon.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
With a roster decimated by cap casualties? In this offense? With a coaching staff that refuses to adapt or change? With his physical tools slipping? Saying nothing about the mental errors he was making tonight... I'm seeing a 2003 Tommy Maddox-like season on the horizon.

Stop getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Selfish Man

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Haskins or Trubisky would also be better. Although it's looking like the Bears'll bring Trubisky back after all.

If you cut Ben you eat $23M but you can easily bring back Dupree. This assumes as well that Pouncey and at least 1/2 of Ebron and Vance are gone.

Haskins has demonstrated selfish behavior all year. Just after the Seattle game, he hung out with a bunch of strippers — it was all over Instagram (not gonna share the link, but there’s screenshots on Twitter). I also just don’t think he’s very good.

Trubisky I am more open to. I like his athleticism, but not sure he’s smart or accurate enough to be anything more than a backup. Chicago opted out of his 5th year, so I think it’s unlikely he would come back. Nagy isn’t going to bring him back (unless he wants to get fired) and a potential new management team certainly is going to look in a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad