GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 'Murican Handball, Go Steelers go! *Mod Warning Post #383*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Derrick Henry is probably out for the year. Big blow for the Titans. The AFC is pretty wide open this year.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
i live in MD and was listening to local sports radio. they praised Tomlin and bashed Boswell making fun of him o_O

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Just came across this stat for the last three games:

97 rushes and 100 passes

Tomlin is at least understanding what the blueprint is to win with this team.

Make Roth a game manger and lean on your run game, even though it won’t always bear fruit in the first half.
I agree this is the blueprint to have any hope, but they are going to break Harris.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
i live in MD and was listening to local sports radio. they praised Tomlin and bashed Boswell making fun of him o_O

IMO, it was Boswell's fault for getting jacked up. I'm sure the play is to roll out and if you don't see anyone wide open then just throw it away. I'm sure it is drilled into his brain to not put himself in a position to get hurt. But he was an idiot and decided to try and be a hero.

Reactions: Pengwins

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
IMO, it was Boswell's fault for getting jacked up. I'm sure the play is to roll out and if you don't see anyone wide open then just throw it away. I'm sure it is drilled into his brain to not put himself in a position to get hurt. But he was an idiot and decided to try and be a hero.
Yup, Boswells fault that he got a helmet to helmet hit. Which by the rules should have been ruled roughing the passer.

1. In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects). A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture—for example, (1) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him; or (2) lowering the head and making forcible contact with any part of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer.
His helmet was off before he hit the ground.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Von Miller to the Rams, potentially.

Time to get Denver on the horn and fleece a pick out of them for Ingram.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
All of a sudden relevant in the division again and a favorable matchup next week. Why does that not instill confidence?

That was a highly entertaining game and I'm proud of the way the team competed.

But it did little to instill confidence that the team is materially better. The defense got gashed when the Browns didn't shoot themselves in the foot. Ben still can't move. The big cause for some confidence is that the OL is developing rapidly. Will be good for the Aaron Rodgers sales pitch in 5 months.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I have said they will enter December 7-/4 I think they can actually get to 8-3 beating both chargers and Bengals. They will end up with 11 wins and make the playoffs division is in play

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'll set the line at Week 13 that Harris is injured

Who wants the over/under?

I don't honestly care.

You pay a high price for a premium RB, you run him into the ground. It doesn't help that the rest of the RB room is absolutely awful. I still would have re-signed Conner for cheap as a backup. He is better than Snell, Ballage and McFarland put together.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't honestly care.

You pay a high price for a premium RB, you run him into the ground. It doesn't help that the rest of the RB room is absolutely awful. I still would have re-signed Conner for cheap as a backup. He is better than Snell, Ballage and McFarland put together.

So you're good with no running game the rest of the season + playoffs if/when Harris goes down from overuse?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Balladge or really any street FA could spell him.
You cannot keep Harris in for 95%+ of the snaps as a RB. No human being can withstand that much pounding in that position.

Ballage has been terrible.

If we take Harris out we should just commit to running 4 wideouts and empty sets only. Ballage, Snell and McFarland all suck. If we tried to actually run an offense with them it would be an automatic 3-and-out and right back to Harris thereafter.

But we can take him out if we're winning or losing big I guess.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Ballage has been terrible.

If we take Harris out we should just commit to running 4 wideouts and empty sets only. Ballage, Snell and McFarland all suck. If we tried to actually run an offense with them it would be an automatic 3-and-out and right back to Harris thereafter.

But we can take him out if we're winning or losing big I guess.

Fair points and I'd just rather announce with a 5 wide set: hey, we're passing it this down and remove Harris
Harris cannot continue on like this...

Reactions: Night Shift

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Fair points and I'd just rather announce with a 5 wide set: hey, we're passing it this down and remove Harris
Harris cannot continue on like this...

I mean 4 wide and 2 TEs...Patfry and Gentry or Ebron.

If we go empty I'd still like to have 1 TE in to chip an edge rusher.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
If you think Justin Herbert is at all the problem for the Chargers then you aren’t watching the games…and I’m guessing you aren’t

i've watched his last 2 and caught an earlier game this year as well.

I was one who thought the kid was great. But he's hasn't lived up to the hype these last 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad