OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Mike Tomlin = Groundhog Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If you take this as the 2nd pre season game and Ben and the WR still trying to build each week I will take the win. Lots to clean up sure

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Watched Steelers off and on on stream today. It was a repeat of countless other blown and nearly blown efforts against inferior/beaten down opponents. Whatever.

I did see the end of the Falcons/Cowboys, and watching the Falcons not know the rules on onsides kicks made me feel ever so slightly better that there are other stupidly coached special teams out there.

Reactions: KIRK

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I didn't like the way Jeff Driscoll moved the ball through the air against us today. Shades of Steeler secondaries past. LBs including Bush were dismal in coverage.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I can’t get over how good the Ravens are. There’s no one close, IMO, besides maybe the Chiefs. But they’re sorta sucking today.

even freaking LJ Fort is a Stud for them.

still - Jackson needs to prove he’s more than a regular season QB. He won’t be figured out in the reg season at least.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I can’t get over how good the Ravens are. There’s no one close, IMO, besides maybe the Chiefs. But they’re sorta sucking today.

even freaking LJ Fort is a Stud for them.

still - Jackson needs to prove he’s more than a regular season QB. He won’t be figured out in the reg season at least.
Houston gave them 2 scores going for it at their 20 and defensive td

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Haven't watched much of this game. Was Houston supposed to be a Super Bowl contender? Have they even remotely replaced Hopkins?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Haven't watched much of this game. Was Houston supposed to be a Super Bowl contender? Have they even remotely replaced Hopkins?
No they have often injured Fuller Cooks who 2 teams have traded and Cobb the GM Bob has killed any chance they had at a SB. Watson locked himself down for 4 years and because they play on the AFC south will be first round losers during those 4 years

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Well if they want to move on from him I would gladly take him once Ben is retired with in the next 2 seasons I was thinking it be Rodgers but maybe the front office wants to go younger

The Steelers are setting themselves up to crash and burn when Ben retires. Their next QB will be drafted. I suspect with a pretty high pick.

Reactions: Shockmaster

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The Steelers are setting themselves up to crash and burn when Ben retires. Their next QB will be drafted. I suspect with a pretty high pick.
We already saw this defense is to good for a high draft pick. I look for them to trade Washington at the draft We are in mock territory for the TE from Penn State. Tomlin wants a mobile QB next

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think Lawrence and Fields are probably out of reach based off of where we’ll finish for this season. I’m in favor of bringing in Rodgers as Ben’s replacement (whenever he hangs it up) if Rodgers is on the block a year or two from now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
We already saw this defense is to good for a high draft pick. I look for them to trade Washington at the draft We are in mock territory for the TE from Penn State. Tomlin wants a mobile QB next

For now.

What I was talking about is the salary cap. They keep restructuring contracts pushing the reckoning down the road. Just like all great teams do. That down the road isn't far off. This defense will not look anything like it is now when the piper finally gets paid a couple of years from now.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
For now.

What I was talking about is the salary cap. They keep restructuring contracts pushing the reckoning down the road. Just like all great teams do. That down the road isn't far off. This defense will not look anything like it is now when the piper finally gets paid a couple of years from now.
Steelers have a lot of highly paid players and have never had cap issues. The salary cap isn't an issue for most teams. It's not hard to circumvent it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
For now.

Except in 2 years when Ben retires the new TV deals kick in should be a nice increase the cap league wide. They have to pay Fitzpatrick in 4 years and Watt in 2. Juju this year I was wondering what Kupp got cause that’s what JuJu should look to get. Plus when retires Pouncey is also he said they’re a package deal

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I like our WR group. They really just need to find some consistency. JuJu has been very good. He has been targeted 14 times and has 13 catches. He runs like a big RB when he has the ball. I know JuJu is going to want paid, but I think I'd give it to him.

I thought Dotson had a great game. I'm not that shocked honestly.

What a rough spot to be in with Bud. If only this is the player we had since he was drafted. What a freak of nature and a complete force. This defense needs some work in pass protection, but they get after the QB better than any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad