OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Its the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
So why is Manning's past whitewashed, yet Ben's isn't?
Peyton Manning faces new issue after Super Bowl

I'm not trying to be snarky, but do you understand the facts alone don't measure up where 1 person is loved and another is hated.
And if you want to go further with this, I'll give you 1 Brett Favre. Again everyone lauds Brett and forgets his past. Why isn't Ben's past given the same grace?
Bens last was literally not even brought up on ESPN they called it mistakes for 4 hours on his last home game. People will not bring it up again until it’s time for him to go to the hall

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Bens last was literally not even brought up on ESPN they called it mistakes for 4 hours on his last home game. People will not bring it up again until it’s time for him to go to the hall

What does his sendoff game have to do with anything? And you avoided my questions (like you typically do) in asking why Manning and Favre are sucked off by the media yet Ben doesn't.

If someone replies and says "you know I hate all 3 of them bc of their off field conduct" I could get behind that. But the hypocrisy is something to behold...just be consistent in your hate.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Cap space is the obvious one. Getting pissy over talk of drafting successors is another.

Brady had Jimmy G traded because he felt threatened by him for some odd reason.

Packers still drafted Rodgers eventhough Favre had a hissy fit and was a total dick to him.

It’s on the org to have a succession plan and not worry about the current starter getting hurt feelings.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
So why is Manning's past whitewashed, yet Ben's isn't?
Peyton Manning faces new issue after Super Bowl

I'm not trying to be snarky, but do you understand the facts alone don't measure up where 1 person is loved and another is hated.
And if you want to go further with this, I'll give you 1 Brett Favre. Again everyone lauds Brett and forgets his past. Why isn't Ben's past given the same grace?

It was said earlier in the thread but two wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t really get why people just ignore pasts like they do with Manning or Ray Lewis. But it doesn’t mean we should just sweep what Ben did under the rug and it’s totally understandable why he isn’t well liked by a lot of people. If you want to be loved just don’t be an idiot.

I never really understood the poor Ben narrative that gets thrown around sometimes.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It was said earlier in the thread but two wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t really get why people just ignore pasts like they do with Manning or Ray Lewis. But it doesn’t mean we should just sweep what Ben did under the rug and it’s totally understandable why he isn’t well liked by a lot of people. If you want to be loved just don’t be an idiot.

I never really understood the poor Ben narrative that gets thrown around sometimes.

And maybe that's what I'm not conveying well. It's not that I think "poor Ben". It's that I see other players (QB's and faces of the league to boot) that have evidentiary proven worse histories, yet are treated like royalty. That's what gets my goat. Hell Favre is still an asshole and just got caught in a tax fraud scheme.

That is why I think Ben is disrespected by the media and Yinzers.

The inconsistency is maddening.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
And maybe that's what I'm not conveying well. It's not that I think "poor Ben". It's that I see other players (QB's and faces of the league to boot) that have evidentiary proven worse histories, yet are treated like royalty. That's what gets my goat. Hell Favre is still an asshole and just got caught in a tax fraud scheme.

Yeah I can get that. To me Ben is respected the right amount. Maybe the rest of the guys are way too respected.

It really irritates me when guys like Tyreek Hill are praised. Or when everyone loved Adrian Peterson.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don’t really get why people just ignore pasts

Sorry for the multiple replies, but I want to focus on this part.
It still low key irritates me that people still call Sid a "whiner" when that was like 18 years ago. You and I know that Sid doesn't do this anymore, but human behavior is funny when we remember others at their worst and ignore facts to the contrary.

From what we know Ben doesn't whore around anymore, has a wife, kids and mentions God during most interviews. People can change and I think it's a poor reflection on society that we always want to bring up the ugly. It is possible to be redeemed and change for the better.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

It’s been a while since the Steelers have had this much space potentially available. And with only Minkah and maybe Johnson in line for an extension soon they should really try to take advantage of free agency this year.

Reactions: Son Goku

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Brady had Jimmy G traded because he felt threatened by him for some odd reason.

Packers still drafted Rodgers eventhough Favre had a hissy fit and was a total dick to him.

It’s on the org to have a succession plan and not worry about the current starter getting hurt feelings.
And the packers drafted love which set off Rodgers and now cause love sucks they have to wreck there cap and lose a ton of talent just to keep Rodgers

Reactions: Victor Z

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Bengals also have a crap ton of space, like 60 mil. If they are smart they will throw money on guys for the next 3-4 years and use the advantage of Burrow and Chase being on their rookie contracts.

With the right deals they really could be a force for the next few years.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Do you think Ben cares what other people say. He loves going to mens retreats and talking about his recovery his mistakes he doesn’t want to do tv he could easily do a YouTube show moats and Ike would help him. He wants to do his hunting podcast and enjoy his family

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Bengals also have a crap ton of space, like 60 mil. If they are smart they will throw money on guys for the next 3-4 years and use the advantage of Burrow and Chase being on their rookie contracts.

With the right deals they really could be a force for the next few years.
Bates is getting 15 million of that they need to get a c RG and RT. Sign 2 CBs. They need to retool the d line

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
And the packers drafted love which set off Rodgers and now cause love sucks they have to wreck there cap and lose a ton of talent just to keep Rodgers

Maybe the succession plan thing is overrated. Just let the guy go and then deal with it.

But that would have included a willingness to put Ben out to pasture after 2019 or after 2020. When he was trending that direction even before his injury (leading league in INTs in 2018 and also being a fat f**k). But we gave him that asinine 3-year extension.

It won't be hard to upgrade on what we got from Ben last year, but also the underlying team and coaching staff is pretty rotten as well. I see 6-11 in our future.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
No idea what point you are making.
The point is the packers are about to do what we did with Ben keep running him out there regardless of what talent they can put around him cause they drafted love has the successor and he sucks like Mason. If he was good they would have moved on from Rogers took the picks kept their defense together.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Maybe the succession plan thing is overrated. Just let the guy go and then deal with it.

But that would have included a willingness to put Ben out to pasture after 2019 or after 2020. When he was trending that direction even before his injury (leading league in INTs in 2018 and also being a fat f**k). But we gave him that asinine 3-year extension.

It won't be hard to upgrade on what we got from Ben last year, but also the underlying team and coaching staff is pretty rotten as well. I see 6-11 in our future.
Exactly the 2/68 extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss when Rivers Brees and Brady got 2/50 costs us I blame Colbert for calling him the unquestioned leader of the locker room. Now we are in the cam Newton New England. It’s why they will monitor if Carson is cut from Indianapolis cause they don’t like any of the rookies

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The point is the packers are about to do what we did with Ben keep running him out there regardless of what talent they can put around him cause they drafted love has the successor and he sucks like Mason. If he was good they would have moved on from Rogers took the picks kept their defense together.

Steelers didn't do the same thing as the Pack though.

They took a flyer on a guy who fell to the third round, Packers took Love in the first round.

Still not following what you main point is.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Steelers didn't do the same thing as the Pack though.

They took a flyer on a guy who fell to the third round, Packers took Love in the first round.

Still not following what you main point is.
Right and they had him on the bench for 2 years and after a playoff loss when they are over the cap they could move on from Rodgers go with love instead they are kicking the can down the road
Just like we brought ben back after the Cleveland loss because we didn’t trust Mason

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Right and they had him on the bench for 2 years and after a playoff loss when they are over the cap they could move on from Rodgers go with love instead they are kicking the can down the road
Just like we brought ben back after the Cleveland loss because we didn’t trust Mason

Ya, it's dumb.

Steelers should have walked away and let Roth retire - pretty dumb. Kept saying that all last off-season.

Packer are extra dumb because they can get a haul from some team gullible enough not to figure our Rodgers is a choker.

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I see many of the mock drafts right now have the Steelers trading up to take Willis. I really don't think this is the year to do that, in fact I would like to see them trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

I get it sort of, this year their aren't any surefire QBs and thus it should take less to trade up. But I really don't see a reason to trade up for a big ???.

I think Cincy could be a good team to trade with, pick up their 31st and 62nd picks to allow them to move up and take a OT they want.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I see many of the mock drafts right now have the Steelers trading up to take Willis. I really don't think this is the year to do that, in fact I would like to see them trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

I get it sort of, this year their aren't any surefire QBs and thus it should take less to trade up. But I really don't see a reason to trade up for a big ???.

I think Cincy could be a good team to trade with, pick up their 31st and 62nd picks to allow them to move up and take a OT they want.

Nightmare scenario is the Steelers trading up and getting Willis.

That kind of move I’m 99.9% sure will set this franchise back significantly.

Pickett is the only guy I’d want them to move up for, but I’m sticking with my gut he will be gone pretty early.

Carolina or Houston will likely take him, with Houston maybe trading back into the bottom of the top ten and then grabbing him.

Reactions: Victor Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad