OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Its the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I feel a lot of teams are going to reaching to snag one of these QBs out of desperation. Could be a good opportunity t trade down a little bit and snag more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Seattle might be such an opportunity if they lose Wilson

But I fear the Steelers are no longer a smart franchise and will chase after a QB they have no business chasing.

I'd like to see the OL and DL addressed. And WR if Washington and JuJu are both gone.

Someone like Tyrod Taylor or Gardner Minshew for short-term fix at QB while the new pieces gel

If one of the QBs falls into the 2nd round, maybe take a flyer on them

Reactions: Pengwins

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I feel a lot of teams are going to reaching to snag one of these QBs out of desperation. Could be a good opportunity t trade down a little bit and snag more 2nd and 3rd rounders. Seattle might be such an opportunity if they lose Wilson

But I fear the Steelers are no longer a smart franchise and will chase after a QB they have no business chasing.

I'd like to see the OL and DL addressed. And WR if Washington and JuJu are both gone.

Someone like Tyrod Taylor or Gardner Minshew for short-term fix at QB while the new pieces gel

If one of the QBs falls into the 2nd round, maybe take a flyer on them

Oh my... I have moved way past fear, I'm in the acceptance stage.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Nightmare scenario is the Steelers trading up and getting Willis.

That kind of move I’m 99.9% sure will set this franchise back significantly.

Pickett is the only guy I’d want them to move up for, but I’m sticking with my gut he will be gone pretty early.

Carolina or Houston will likely take him, with Houston maybe trading back into the bottom of the top ten and then grabbing him.

Yeah Carolina seems to be the consensus right now for him. They may decide they want an OL. And maybe they’re one of those teams that actually would care about hand size. They apparently didn’t take Slater last year because his arms weren’t long enough for them.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah Carolina seems to be the consensus right now for him. They may decide they want an OL. And maybe they’re one of those teams that actually would care about hand size. They apparently didn’t take Slater last year because his arms weren’t long enough for them.

I think teams doing their homework on Pickett will realize he’s a guy you can win with and he’s pro ready now.

He may not be some mega star, but those guys are extremely difficult to come by.

Whomever drafts him will be happy with the guy IMHO.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Exactly the 2/68 extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss when Rivers Brees and Brady got 2/50 costs us I

what are you blabbering about? this has already been posted here and explained.
are you purposely ignoring it or do you refuse to learn anything new after its brought to your attention?

***The two-year extension is worth $68 million and includes a $37.5 million signing bonus and a $30 million injury guarantee, a source told Schefter. Roethlisberger had one year at $12 million left, meaning he will make $80 million total over the next three seasons****

Big Ben gets 2-year extension; deal worth $68M

the difference of 3 years @ 80M for ben, to 2 years @ 50M brees and brady received is $5 million spread over 3 years. that's nothing.
brees and brady were also older and already earned more through their careers then Ben had.

you should post the correction on your other board too Kdogggggg

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
what are you blabbering about? this has already been posted here and explained.
are you purposely ignoring it or do you refuse to learn anything new after its brought to your attention?

***The two-year extension is worth $68 million and includes a $37.5 million signing bonus and a $30 million injury guarantee, a source told Schefter. Roethlisberger had one year at $12 million left, meaning he will make $80 million total over the next three seasons****

Big Ben gets 2-year extension; deal worth $68M

the difference of 3 years @ 80M for ben, to 2 years @ 50M brees and brady received is $5 million spread over 3 years. that's nothing.
brees and brady were also older and already earned more through their careers then Ben had.

you should post the correction on your other board too Kdogggggg
Ben finished his career the 3rd highest paid player in the NFl he made 150 million since 2015. He finished just 16 million short of Brees and 10 million short of Brady

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
With Dick Vermeil making the HoF I think it's safe to say that Tomlin is a lock to be inducted once he retires.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Ben finished his career the 3rd highest paid player in the NFl he made 150 million since 2015. He finished just 16 million short of Brees and 10 million short of Brady

thanks for confirming what I already posted.

what was the difference at the time of that extension?

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They need to figure out some solutions in the secondary. Haden is 99% not returning and Edmunds’ 5th year has been declined.

I suspect Witherspoon could be signed for ~$4-5m if they want to bring him back. They still need another CB. There should be some good FA options this year. Maybe someone like Charvarius Ward who’s good and won’t command $15m+ per season.

SS should also have some decent FA available. As long as I don’t have to watch Edmunds getting burned in coverage or take bad angles to the ball carrier again I’ll probably be satisfied

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
With Dick Vermeil making the HoF I think it's safe to say that Tomlin is a lock to be inducted once he retires.

Much to my chagrin, Tomlin was a lock regardless of Vermeil.

If the media likes you and you're a marginally good player/coach there's a solid chance you're in.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Am i a total homer or shouldn't Hines Ward be inducted to HOF soon?

1,000 receptions - 12,000 yards - 85 TDs
Super Bowl MVP
Greatest blocking WR ever by far
4 probowls
if the NFL wants diversity so bad, he is asian

My argument for Hines to be in is: Art Monk

If that dude is in as a "great blocking WR" then Ward blows him away by a wide margin.

Reactions: Pengwins

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Am i a total homer or shouldn't Hines Ward be inducted to HOF soon?

1,000 receptions - 12,000 yards - 85 TDs
Super Bowl MVP
Greatest blocking WR ever by far
4 probowls
if the NFL wants diversity so bad, he is asian

Ward is a HoF player. Any issues he has getting in could be due to the backlog of receivers awaiting potential enshrinement. Even still, he could leapfrog some guys.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My argument for Hines to be in is: Art Monk

If that dude is in as a "great blocking WR" then Ward blows him away by a wide margin.

Monk broke the all time receptions mark and still waited like 7-8 years to get in.

He was a volume catcher like Ward, and their numbers are similar.

Ward will likely be kept out by all the great receivers who played during his era.

Monk played when it was still more of a run dominant league, so his numbers are a little more impressive to me.

I’d probably take Monk in my team over Ward, but there really isn’t a wrong answer there.

Monk did receive the longest standing ovation in HOF history from what I recall - lasted like 4 mins - so that should tell you what people who watched and played agt him thought of his accomplishments.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Wouldn’t shock me if they put Ward in with Ben in 5 years. Ben, Ward, and Brady is a ticket selling headline. Pats vs Steelers in the HOF game probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad