The Pittsburgher Thread: IN THE HUNT AT 3-4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
1_P7Gtwo8ZJJDasO5wQYhR_w.png

But how do you react...like Geno/Neal/Letang or get back at em like Sid?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Gotta laugh at all those ****ting on Lamar Jackson too.

The fact is that Harbaugh has once again shown how much more of a coach he is than Tomlin by revamping his offense to play to Jackson’s strengths. I don’t give a **** about his arm or any of that because Harbaugh calls the game to maximize his talents and strengths.

I'm still not pro-Tomlin, but Jackson is an incredibly obvious "you have to adjust if you're gonna win with him" guy and I like to think even Tomlin wouldn't have messed that up. It's different than Mason vs. Ben. Having said that, he did let Vince Williams cover Keenan Allen for an entire game, so...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Guess OBJ is having his annual mid season crisis again.

Watching the Browns implode was the most obvious shit I ever saw coming.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Did Oklahoma State run a version of the air raid when Mason was there? It seems like the answer is yes as they have run it for years under Gundy from what I can tell.

It is fair to question the ability of Rudolph to read defenses, even this early in his career. A lot of versions of the air raid feature absurdly simple reads and there is a long, long history of qb's from those systems having trouble adjusting to the complex reads in the NFL.

I have been very skeptical of Big 12 qb's for years. They do not play pro style football in that conference.

Disclaimer: none of this means I am saying that Rudolph cannot become a good qb moving forward. I would just be much more sold on him if he came from a pro-style offense, and I think that feeling is justified.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
There were a few bad examples from today’s game but an egregious one came in the second quarter. The Colts were outmanned and had a linebacker on DJ. There’s no excuse for any professional QB to not see such a mismatch and immediately make that WR their #1 target. Naturally, DJ broke WIDE ASS OPEN while Rudolph checked down to Samuels for the 6th time in the half.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Just chiming in to say Lamar is literally the flame emoji. Patriots aren’t wining tonight. Wild card the only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad