The Pittsburgher Thread: IN THE HUNT AT 3-4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don’t give a **** what any other “big arm” QB is looking like on any other team. 9 times out of 10 **** teams draft QBs high on the top 10 and then ruin them because they are a **** team. They throw them behind a ****ty offensive line and it ruins them because they start getting hit and sacked and the pocket collapses and they get happy feet and panic and all of their attributes get ruined because of it.

But the fact still remains that they DO have bigger arms or more physical attributes and talent than Rudolph. That doesn’t mean that Mason is a bust at all, just the fact that he doesn’t have those tools and that affected his draft position. He has Alex Smith type physical talent but not the mental prowess yet. There is a reason that the coaching staff isn’t letting him uncork it down the field because his deep balls float too much. I’ve seen him throw exactly ONE intermediate ball that had any sort of zip on it whatsoever and he simply cannot throw a frozen rope 40+ yards doesn’t he field.

SO, if they want to restructure the offense to cater to who and what Mason is, that’s fine, but they must, must, must get the WRs and TEs involved by scheming them open and hitting guys in stride to pick up chunks of yardage. And if they can get a rhythm going with that, it could open up some guys wide open down the field for Mason to float balls to.

As I pointed out half a dozen times, Montana and Brady had avg arms and became the two best QBs of all time.

Most people wrote them off and tried to pigeon hole them once to.

It’s all about mentally processing the game, footwork and having great coaching like Brady and Montana did.

If MR improves on those things and gets actual good coaching, he will do well in any type of offense.

That won’t happen under Tomlin though.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ravens going to get smacked.

Belichick never misses an opp to stick it to us...even tho they had our number for years.

Ravens are one of the few threats in afc...if they go down too much...he will just call it a game and not show Ravens bunch of diff adjustments. Til they play in playoffs and then confuse Lamar...and win by 30 lol

Its fine. We will still only be 2 games back and play them at end of year. So just need to be 1 game back heading in. With them losing to Browns...we get tiebreaker. Assuming we win both against Browns and the 2nd Bengals game. All coming up after the Rams game.

Browns-Bengals-Browns.

Win all of them and we have tie breaker for sure. So being a game back from them would get us the division with the win.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
It's weird how certain teams play well against other certain teams. We all know how the Patriots own the Steelers but for whatever reason the Ravens always seem to play the Patriots strong. Pretty much the only team other than whoever the Manning brother's are playing for that have had success against Brady and the Patriots.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
starting fast and scoring and forcing brady to throw more downfield so you have more time to blitz him

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
It's weird how certain teams play well against other certain teams. We all know how the Patriots own the Steelers but for whatever reason the Ravens always seem to play the Patriots strong. Pretty much the only team other than whoever the Manning brother's are playing for that have had success against Brady and the Patriots.

This isnt that. This is the Pats just not being as good as people thought. But nobody would listen....their schedule was easiest in NFL history.

8-0 so everyone thinks automatic SB.

We had losing record..so...we shouldn't have traded for Fitz cuz we could have finished for first pick overall.

Pats didnt impress in any of their games....just a team that's good at padding stats agaisnt bad teams. They are filled with vets. We have a young team...guys learning. Rookie QB...and so on. Much tougher schedule. Still almost won those games..could easily be 7-1.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm very conflicted on paying Bud Dupree the big money that he has played his way into. I probably wouldn't do it given the aging OLine and need to add better skill position players, but I have to think Tomlin/Colbert are 50/50 on it.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
This isnt that. This is the Pats just not being as good as people thought. But nobody would listen....their schedule was easiest in NFL history.

8-0 so everyone thinks automatic SB.

We had losing record..so...we shouldn't have traded for Fitz cuz we could have finished for first pick overall.

Pats didnt impress in any of their games....just a team that's good at padding stats agaisnt bad teams. They are filled with vets. We have a young team...guys learning. Rookie QB...and so on. Much tougher schedule. Still almost won those games..could easily be 7-1.
It's still the same Patriots team that shat on a healthy Steelers team week 1 and then a Ravens team that probably should have lost to a Steelers team with a third string QB. Some teams do just matchup better than others.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Pats "best in history" D will take a step back tonight.

When you watch this, remember how good our D did against them(the best of any other team)
Ok...

Brady with 341 yards passing and 3 TDs, 100 yards on the ground, 33 points against. Yeah, the D was on point...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm very conflicted on paying Bud Dupree the big money that he has played his way into. I probably wouldn't do it given the aging OLine and need to add better skill position players, but I have to think Tomlin/Colbert are 50/50 on it.
Buyer beware on this guy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Is it a coincidence that Dupree found his game when the rest of the defense came together?

Watt, Bush, Fitzpatrick. Add those and suddenly Dupree has enough talent around him to shine.

Yeah, he has developed so he doesn't run past the QB quite as much anymore, but the huge increase in talent around him is a big part of his success as well. He would fall back again on a defense with more exploitable weak spots.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Gotta laugh at all those shitting on Lamar Jackson too.

The fact is that Harbaugh has once again shown how much more of a coach he is than Tomlin by revamping his offense to play to Jackson’s strengths. I don’t give a shit about his arm or any of that because Harbaugh calls the game to maximize his talents and strengths.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, Steelers aren’t winning the division.

Division? Wont win another game.

Browns and Baker def sweeping them...tthey look dangerous.

Fitz lucky picks. Bush too short to ride a roller coaster. Watt will burn out in few weeks...all hype.

Mason? Reindeer in headlights. DJ no Metcalfs. JW is a RB trying to play WR...no wonder he sucks, couldnt figure out which position he was supposed to play.

Lamar Jackson just has that high IQ (can spot that when he talks, just by looking at him)....and accuracy? Montana wishes he was that on target.

Dynasty coming. Browns will get a few but Ravens will prevent them from 5 Sbs.

Steelers? Need to do what Pens should have and move to KC. But they have a team. So Portland.

A shame this franchise never won it all. The Portland Peelers would turn it around. Start by moving Fitz, Bush, Watt+ for Baker and 7th rounder

Bingo

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Division? Wont win another game.

Browns and Baker def sweeping them...tthey look dangerous.

Fitz lucky picks. Bush too short to ride a roller coaster. Watt will burn out in few weeks...all hype.

Mason? Reindeer in headlights. DJ no Metcalfs. JW is a RB trying to play WR...no wonder he sucks, couldnt figure out which position he was supposed to play.

Lamar Jackson just has that high IQ (can spot that when he talks, just by looking at him)....and accuracy? Montana wishes he was that on target.

Dynasty coming. Browns will get a few but Ravens will prevent them from 5 Sbs.

Steelers? Need to do what Pens should have and move to KC. But they have a team. So Portland.

A shame this franchise never won it all. The Portland Peelers would turn it around. Start by moving Fitz, Bush, Watt+ for Baker and 7th rounder

Bingo
Feel better getting that all out?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
It's still the same Patriots team that shat on a healthy Steelers team week 1 and then a Ravens team that probably should have lost to a Steelers team with a third string QB. Some teams do just matchup better than others.

Ben had his elbow injury already week 1. No, they lost before it even started.

And not close to being the same team. Ben threw 25 passes to Moncrief, Switzer, and Holton for a total of 33 yards. For some reason held out about his elbow injury and Tomlin just got fined because of it. Pouncey ratted him out tho " oh yeah he had that elbow for awhile now...matter of time...we werent worried at all when Mason had to take over"

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Lol was just seeing how it felt like being you.

Who doesnt enjoy any game the Pens or Steelers play. Only there to be miserable.

1_P7Gtwo8ZJJDasO5wQYhR_w.png

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

He's been good last two years. But risk to pay him what he can command imo. I make him a hometown deal. He might take a little less to stay. Bud isn't very bright.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Gotta laugh at all those ****ting on Lamar Jackson too.

The fact is that Harbaugh has once again shown how much more of a coach he is than Tomlin by revamping his offense to play to Jackson’s strengths. I don’t give a **** about his arm or any of that because Harbaugh calls the game to maximize his talents and strengths.
Over their careers Tomlin has had more success in both the regular season and playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad