GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread -- If this is it.... Please let me knooooooowwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I called Haskins last year. I like it. This is what we needed with Ben being a diva. 1st round QB talent for free. Now we can address o-line and rb in draft worry free.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If you think Ben was a diva, then you're really not gonna like Haskins.

Diva in the sense of one minute he's retiring then he's not. Throwing a fit when the Steelers draft a QB. We got a solid prospect for free. Why waste a pick and have Ben throw another tantrum.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
This is the year to transition. Focus on putting offensive infrastructure (OL, coaches, scheme) in place and get cap to best spot in can be for 2022.
Not saying tank or tear it down, but building the best situation for the next QB to develop.

Reactions: USMC607

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Diva in the sense of one minute he's retiring then he's not. Throwing a fit when the Steelers draft a QB. We got a solid prospect for free. Why waste a pick and have Ben throw another tantrum.

I take it you haven't paid much attention to Haskins' short career thus far? Otherwise you're beyond hypocritical.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Haskins being the “savior” of his hometown team after one year being the starter at OSU is why he got such a big head.

getting cut and signing a futures deal will have to change him or he’s out of the league.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I take it you haven't paid much attention to Haskins' short career thus far? Otherwise you're beyond hypocritical.

I get all of Haskins issues hence why we were able to get him. He's young, I'm hoping he learned from it.

I'm talking about a QB holding a franchise hostage. He hints at retirement so we draft Rudolph then he gets mad. Has a bad game hints at retirement and saying maybe he doesn't have it anymore. Our franchise QB has been doing this for years. So I'm fine with taking this low risk/huge reward on Haskins opposed to wasting another pick on a QB with Ben around to ruin it. That's my point.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Agreed. The biggest thing for me with this is not wasting draft capital this year on a QB. Get OL and RB help.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
With Jeremy Ruckert choosing to stay at OSU, Tre' McKitty out of FSU/Georgia might be a good get to replace McDonald. Could see him being available in the 3rd or 4th.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
With Jeremy Ruckert choosing to stay at OSU, Tre' McKitty out of FSU/Georgia might be a good get to replace McDonald. Could see him being available in the 3rd or 4th.

That stinks i was hoping we'd snag Ruckert in the middle rounds. Good blocker and sneaky decent pass catcher. That didn't get used as much as he probably could have been.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What about the idea of trading down and taking a quarterback?

I have seen several projections having Trask, or even Jones, in the second round.

Trade down, get extra picks, and pick up a developmental quarterback to boot.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’m not opposed to them trading down and picking up more picks, but if they lose as many players to free agency as we think they will, they’re gonna have so many holes to fill. Just not sure this is the year to spend a higher pick on a developmental guy.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So Haskins has been absolutely miserable on the field thus far, has obvious character flaws, and went to Ohio State?

tumblr_n5bm1uWNjG1qgxab9o1_400.gif

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
What about the idea of trading down and taking a quarterback?

I have seen several projections having Trask, or even Jones, in the second round.

Trade down, get extra picks, and pick up a developmental quarterback to boot.

I think it’s unlikely Jones will be there, but maybe Trask will be.

With the addition of Haskins, I’d like to see him, Rudolph, and Dobbs battle it out for QB1 if Ben retires. We can use our draft capital this year to fill holes on the OL, RB, and possibly CB. That should help create a good foundation for our future QB if our collection of 3rd string QBs fails. If somehow Haskins or one of the other guys is actually good, then QB problem solved.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I know a lot of people hate MM, but he is a Big Ben stan, and I think he makes a really good point here:

Vance, Pouncey, and Coach Randy were some of his closest friends in the organization.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I know a lot of people hate MM, but he is a Big Ben stan, and I think he makes a really good point here:

Vance, Pouncey, and Coach Randy were some of his closest friends in the organization.

I had no idea Ben and Vance were such good friends. You'd think he would have hooked him up with more than 20 targets if they were.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I had no idea Ben and Vance were such good friends. You'd think he would have hooked him up with more than 20 targets if they were.

Haha, on the other hand, maybe he knew Vance was done after this year and was just trying to let him coast

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
That stinks i was hoping we'd snag Ruckert in the middle rounds. Good blocker and sneaky decent pass catcher. That didn't get used as much as he probably could have been.

Honestly, it was probably a great decision for him. With a new, young QB coming in, he’ll probably be showcased a bit more next year and has the talent to be a 2nd round pick maybe even a late 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad