GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread -- If this is it.... Please let me knooooooowwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Just to reiterate: this game was just so eerily similar to that Jags playoff game. This one was even worse because it was against the Browns, and was a bit more one sided.

Reactions: KIRK and vodeni

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This franchise is an arrogant meme.

The days of the Steelers being some kind of model organization are long gone.

lol. Glad PIT fans don’t spew this type of stuff only on the Penguins. Tbh it’s why I can only tolerate being a Pens fan.

Steelers are one of the most successful franchises in the sport. They are a model org. Travesty after travesty for a half decade doesn’t change that.

Go talk to an Eagles, Bills, or Jets fan.

Reactions: Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean.. I thought it was comical and the team under Tomlin has been like this forever. I didn't think I would have to moderate tonight and remind people to keep their cool. :laugh: Jiggy reminded us every single game that it's Mike Tomlin in the playoffs. Bruh... standard is the standard.

Stop losing your cool and let's keep this silly.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Who could have guessed that our offense would put up 37 pts vs the Browns and our SB caliber D would let them score 48.

f***ed up game.

Fire Tomlin
they scored 37 on that soft prevent defense, thsy could not make first down while it counted

Reactions: Andy99

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Just to reiterate: this game was just so eerily similar to that Jags playoff game. This one was even worse because it was against the Browns, and was a bit more one sided.
Some asshole providing bulletin board material before the game? CHECK

A bumbling, stumbling, fumbling start that got them in a deep hole early? CHECK

Defense shitting the bed? CHECK

The more things change...

Reactions: Rossi Rat

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Faux humanitarianism?

Wow. I am done tonight before I get banned.

It's all good, man. I like Juju for the most part and as an econ guy have believed that "charity can be selfish and still be good."

I'd be upset if we retained him cause we're completely broke and I don't want us spending money on a WR.

But Juju is a very good player and a solid guy and I'll be happy when he gets paid elsewhere.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
That sucked. At the end of the day this is entertainment for us and at least for me this made covid suck a little less this fall. If this was Ben's last game I'm glad he went out with a TD.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
And now we enter the stage where everyone picks their own personal scapegoat.

They were pretty much all bad tonight. Ben, Tomlin, the defense as a whole, the coaching, the OL, the DL, etc.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Outsider's perspective.

Tomlin had to deal with AB for years and the dude is like legit locker room cancer. And for years we never heard a peep. Bell is/was a primadonna too. They were talented as hell but lost both. Ben has been a broken shell of his former self for a long time now with only brief glimpses and had surgery last year. And for it all the Steelers won 12 games. 12 freaking games.

I'm not saying Tomlin is bulletproof. But I'm saying he has proven he can win with significant loss of talent and turnover.

Get some more help for Watt on defense
Get another RB to split time with Conner
Move on from BiG bEn already

If you do that you will have better results. The biggest problem with the Steelers is they are an incomplete contender with a QB of yesteryear. Coaching isn't the best in the NFL but I wouldn't just go chasing after another dude after Tomlin won 12 games after a roster purge.

You want some shit coaching? I mean you want REAL shit coaching? Try Greg Schiano whose sole claim to NFL fame is rushing the kneel down and screaming "tOeS oN tHe LiNe!!!!" at practice blowing the damn whistle like a f***ing drill sergeant getting dudes lined up for drills. Try Raheem Morris being so buddy buddy with his team they quit at the first sign of adversity because they can't respond to him. Try Dirk Koetter enabling Jameis Winston's stupidity for 4 years and somehow managing to completely kill the efficiency of the Falcons offense by simply returning as coordinator. Try Jon Gruden who went through our QB's faster than a fat kid goes through snacks at a picnic. Arguably the best coach the Bucs had until Arians took over was arguably a guy who won 8 games in 2 years in Lovie Smith. I'm not trying to be an asshole but this is how far the bottom of the barrel goes. Believe me when I say you are lucky to have Tomlin with all the problems he comes with

Shit ain't perfect now but imagine life with Anthony Lynn for about 5 minutes and come to the realization the guy can't even look at his clock in the morning in fear of it winding down on him and you'll be begging for Tomlin back.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I blame the defense. Just like the Jags game they didn't show up. Ben threw some pics, so what. How bout a stop or hold them to a field goal.

At the very least Butler has to be gone.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Ahhhh first touchdown was on the offense. And Ben had.. i think 300 interceptions? or was it 299?
For sure but our D was supposed to be the best in the league and should have been able to stop the damn browns after some of these turnovers. But no, each and every one of them ended up as a TD. Not excusing big ben but that was the worst game our D played all year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And now we enter the stage where everyone picks their own personal scapegoat.

They were pretty much all bad tonight. Ben, Tomlin, the defense as a whole, the coaching, the OL, the DL, etc.

I think 90% of us have been on the organization for about 5-10 years. It's Tomlin + the org. I can complain about Ben...and maybe father time has won his battle. I guess? But I'll let that play out. The organization has really fumbled a bit in the Tomlin era. And gambling on some first round players was about the start of it. The accountability factor was a HUUUUUGE part of it.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad