GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Score is 36-20...Vikings just score. 10 mins left in the game.

Steelers come out and run 3 straight times, which is all I needed to see

This is a pattern. After they get scored on, the 1st down play is always a run. With a 90% chance of another run on the very next play. Happened all season long
The lack of urgency of anyone is mind boggling

Reactions: augustashark

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
What's funny to me is that even if they end up with a losing record this year, the group of people that defend Tomlin will still say "well, he's only had 1 losing season!" and "it came with an old, beat up QB who was on the verge of retirement, what did you expect him to do!" The goal posts will be moved heavily even if he has a losing season because the people that defend him just refuse to see his flaws

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I would just like to point out how Trai Turner was babysitting basically the entire offensive line last night, plus Claypool after his... incident. He had to scream at Kendrick Green to snap the ball like, 3 separate times. Dude was practically the only person on the field who knew what was going on at any given time

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I would just like to point out how Trai Turner was babysitting basically the entire offensive line last night, plus Claypool after his... incident. He had to scream at Kendrick Green to snap the ball like, 3 separate times. Dude was practically the only person on the field who knew what was going on at any given time

If everyone seemed confused, what does that tell you?

It’s all about repeated patterns and Tomlin supporters prefer excuses so they don’t have to face reality.

Reactions: TNT87 and Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

The Steelers under Tomlin are the most undisciplined team in the NFL. It's truly embarrassing to see the decline of the Organization, and stunning. Not many see it either, but they soon will.

Reactions: TNT87 and Pengwins

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Claypool: ""I have to be better. I got tackled near the hash and did my first down point. I went to hand the ball to the ref and he just got there. Even if I got right there and looked for them he wasn't there. The ball got knocked out of my hands, that is what cost us time."​

Hes blaming Turner
icon_lol.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If everyone seemed confused, what does that tell you?

It’s all about repeated patterns and Tomlin supporters prefer excuses so they don’t have to face reality.

See, I told you they would lose this game and you didn’t believe me…better draft position incoming!

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

Claypool: ""I have to be better. I got tackled near the hash and did my first down point. I went to hand the ball to the ref and he just got there. Even if I got right there and looked for them he wasn't there. The ball got knocked out of my hands, that is what cost us time."​

Hes blaming Turner
icon_lol.gif

I also like how 22 comes up to Claypool initially to grab the ball and run some clock.... but he sees Claypool is being a dumbass and wasting time on his own, so he just walks away :laugh:

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Hes blaming Turner
icon_lol.gif

I watch a lot of football, this type of insanity only happens on poorly coached teams. Most teams/Coach's would never allow that to occur. Whether it's drafting the wrong guy in the first place or not having a coach that is respected, I don't care.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
See, I told you they would lose this game and you didn’t believe me…better draft position incoming!

Ya I was going to give you props, but I'm still mad at you for messing with my reverse voodoo last week.

If you make a bold prediction they will lose the last four and they do - I may love you again.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ya I was going to give you props, but I'm still mad at you for messing with my reverse voodoo last week.

If you make a bold prediction they will lose the last four and they do - I may love you again.

Sorry, can’t do that…I think they’re going to win two of the last four to end the season 8-8-1, just so every media member is able to repeat again that Tomlin has never had a losing season lol…

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Sorry, can’t do that…I think they’re going to win two of the last four to end the season 8-8-1, just so every media member is able to repeat again that Tomlin has never had a losing season lol…

I'm thinking the same... losses at KC and Ten.. Browns go Browns and Ben uses his old man strength to will one last V agt them... Ravens may be sitting Jackson final week if they are out of the division hunt... Tomlin owns him anyway so may not even matter.

No losing seasons for Tomlin! Let's ignore another late season collapse and the fact it will be the first time since Noll was hired that they haven't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm thinking the same... losses at KC and Ten.. Browns go Browns and Ben uses his old man strength to will one last V agt them... Ravens may be sitting Jackson final week if they are out of the division hunt... Tomlin owns him anyway so may not even matter.

No losing seasons for Tomlin! Let's ignore another late season collapse and the fact it will be the first time since Noll was hired that they haven't won a playoff game in 5 years.

i think they win next week at home against Tenn just because, you know, extra time to prepare and this performance was embarrassing, and then lose one of the Browns or Ravens games depending on circumstances of those teams and whether they need that game or not…but whatever lol

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
lol it's red flag after red flag after red flag with Claypool and some people are defending him. AB wasn't a problem initially either. You might say those guys are good enough that you have to put up with some shit, but I'd at least be very cautious before making any type of serious commitment to him long term.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Ryan Clark hammering Claypool this morning. What's even better is if you look at the replay it looks like Claypool is yelling at Turner at the line because he came over and tried to take the ball away from him to save the time. He was legitimately upset that someone came over and tried to stop him from celebrating

Reactions: TNT87 and Pengwins

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Ryan Clark hammering Claypool this morning. What's even better is if you look at the replay it looks like Claypool is yelling at Turner at the line because he came over and tried to take the ball away from him to save the time. He was legitimately upset that someone came over and tried to stop him from celebrating

I'm not an LOS rules expert, but Claypool looks illegal in the formation as well.........lol

If the refs call that, game over right there.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I'm not an LOS rules expert, but Claypool looks illegal in the formation as well.........lol

If the refs call that, game over right there.

I also saw that and thought the same thing. He line up so lazily because he couldn't wait for the ball to be spiked to get back to celebrating (which he did right after the ball was spiked)

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
lol it's red flag after red flag after red flag with Claypool and some people are defending him. AB wasn't a problem initially either. You might say those guys are good enough that you have to put up with some shit, but I'd at least be very cautious before making any type of serious commitment to him long term.

AB was good enough to put up him his problems for awhile at least.

Claypool is just a dude who has like 2 good games in a whole season.

Reactions: Pengwins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad