GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I will give the team credit for making such a good comeback and making this a game.....

But they suck ass for getting down in such a massive hole to begin with. This offense putting up points after they've been dogshit for 75% of the game shouldn't make anyone feel good.

it’s the offense putting up points after the opposing team’s D backs off because they’re up by 29 points…

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
MERCIFUL GOD.

Who do I see about getting that year back that this game took off my life?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Less than 24 hours to prepare to bitch and moan while the Pens play the Caps. I guess I can use the short time between games as an excuse if I'm not prepared.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe play every quarter like the 4th?

they can’t…they have to get down big before 1) the coaches figure out what the opposing team is doing, 2) they go up tempo, no huddle with Ben calling more of the plays and 3) the opposing D wears down and/or plays softer because they’re up so much….none of that happens until they’re losing by at least two scores and it’s the fourth quarter lol

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
He's gonna get in line like they always do in Pitt

giphy.gif

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
He's not. He's gonna get in line like they always do in Pitt and will be a great receiver.

?

They've given a second contract to like all of two receivers or something since the last super bowl. They've let a non-zero amount of receivers go after personal conduct issues whether it be drug related or losing their marbles.

Getting in line after showing signs of issues is like the exact opposite of what most receivers do here, for a while at that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So glad they lost that one…they don’t deserve to win these ridiculous games where they can’t do anything until the last quarter

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Najee and Washington had great games. James Washington needs to be more involved. Diontae Johnson continues to give up on plays that he needs to fight for. Chase Claypool continues to do stupid, self serving things on the field. He is the guy that some paint(ed) JuJu as. I still have no idea how Freiermuth isn't part of the offense more. He was targeted 3 times. He needs to be targeted 8-10 times.

Defense was atrocious. Watt is hurt again. We are not 6-6-1. 2-2 continues "never had a losing season." This is Pittsburgh purgatory.

Reactions: Andy99

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
205 yards to a guy with a bum shoulder.

Yikes. I'd say it is gut check time but that's passed a long time ago.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The team will be praised now for making it a close game, never giving up.

Tomlin’s defense is atrocious. Matt Canada can’t do anything in the first half.

We desperately need to clean house with our coaching staff. The Tomlin coaching tree is more of a weed that was sprayed with Round-Up.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It really is depressing that the only way the delusional owner of this team might see the truth, is by having his team lose in embarrassing fashion the rest of the season.

You can’t even hope they just lose, but that it’s some of the worst ass whoopings in franchise history.

All because one individual lacks the courage to make the necessary decisions for this org to heal itself.

I feel bad for Watt - dude had a legit shot at the sack title, which unfortunately will now still be tainted by Strahan’s record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad