GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
i think they win next week at home against Tenn just because, you know, extra time to prepare and this performance was embarrassing, and then lose one of the Browns or Ravens games depending on circumstances of those teams and whether they need that game or not…but whatever lol

It is a home game agt the Titans and ya they will be embarrassed again like Cincy. This is a game they shouldn’t lose so, you know how that goes.

Titans are a well coached team though - we’ll see.

If Henry was healthy I’d say no way - he would legit threaten to get 300 yard agt Tomlin’s D.

Cleveland is a home Monday night game, so that’s basically an auto win. Think their last loss was Neil O’D first start or something when I was a kid.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I have no idea how anyone can ever say that given our significant level of mediocrity on display.

Steelers have had some bad teams over the last 28 or so years and always find ways to win at home on Monday night.

Just some weird freak shit.

It’s also the Browns and Steelers already beat them this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded-Fan

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I have no idea how anyone can ever say that given our significant level of mediocrity on display.

Steelers haven’t lost at home on MNF in like 30 years and the refs made sure it stayed that way last time. Prolly will this time too.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Greenberg calling it like it is.

But it's probably got nothing to do with Tomlin because if you haven't heard, he's never had a losing season before.

Tomlin did bench him for a few drives supposedly.

However, he’s created this culture, but since Tomlin is never held accountable either, it’s fitting.

The long time enabler can’t be the one who fixes this culture.

Reactions: TNT87

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I wonder whose job he thinks that it is to keep players in line. And whether given those comments Roethlisberger thinks that person is failing at it.

As an aside, in the article they added up the time lost by Claypool posing.

14 seconds of game clock.

Enough for two plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
how did that playoff game go again?

How did the last game go? I recall lots of Browns going Browns bumbling.

Tomlin’s Steelers lose in the playoffs to basically everyone, but always win MNF games at home.

Everyone beats Tomlin’s Steelers in the playoffs, it’s not some heroic feat the Browns pulled off.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

I wonder whose job he thinks that it is to keep players in line. And whether given those comments Roethlisberger thinks that person is failing at it.

As an aside, in the article they added up the time lost by Claypool posing.

14 seconds of game clock.

Enough for two plays.

Yeah it’s interesting since when he got his most recent extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss Colbert told everyone he was the unquestioned leader of the locker room and he had no problem going on his radio show throwing AB under the bus.
The lb for the Vikings should’ve been penalized for delay of game since he knocked the ball out of Claypool hands

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah it’s interesting since when he got his most recent extension after the Jacksonville playoff loss Colbert told everyone he was the unquestioned leader of the locker room and he had no problem going on his radio show throwing AB under the bus.
The lb for the Vikings should’ve been penalized for delay of game since he knocked the ball out of Claypool hands

I have never seen Roethlisberger so pissed as last night.

Justifiably so.

His center, not for the first time this year, sucked. He couldn't even do simple tasks like hike the ball before taking a delay of game or getting the ball into Roethlisberger's hands without it being an adventure. The line sucked and could not block a two year old in diapers.

And the team was undisciplined. Again.

Coaching was a joke.

The defense was a joke and had him way behind having to be a hero 18 seasons in.

To blame Roethlisberger for being pissed is way off base. Blame him if he were not pissed.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Tomlin did bench him for a few drives supposedly.

However, he’s created this culture, but since Tomlin is never held accountable either, it’s fitting.

The long time enabler can’t be the one who fixes this culture.

maybe claypool can arrive at camp next year in a hot air balloon.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I have never seen Roethlisberger so pissed as last night.

Justifiably so.

His center, not for the first time this year, sucked. He couldn't even do simple tasks like hike the ball before taking a delay of game or getting the ball into Roethlisberger's hands without it being an adventure. The line sucked and could not block a two year old in diapers.

And the team was undisciplined. Again.

Coaching was a joke.

The defense was a joke and had him way behind having to be a hero 18 seasons in.

To blame Roethlisberger for being pissed is way off base. Blame him if he were not pissed.
Back when Ben wanted to comeback and make sure he got his money he said he there would be growing pains and he knew the o line would be a work in progress. Now that he knows there’s no money for him next season he doesn’t care. Did the o line complain when he missed the hot reads on the safety blitzes last night.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Back when Ben wanted to comeback and make sure he got his money he said he there would be growing pains and he knew the o line would be a work in progress. Now that he knows there’s no money for him next season he doesn’t care. Did the o line complain when he missed the hot reads on the safety blitzes last night.

Mistakes are one thing.

Last night was simply unprofessional beer league stuff.

And I am not just talking about Claypool.

Huge difference.

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Yeah it’s definitely Ben’s fault for not telling Claypool to have situational awareness. That’s definitely Ben’s job is to teach a receiver basic awareness. 100% spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad