The Pittsburgher Thread: Draft Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
And idiot #2 got a much worse deal with the Jets. One of the all time biggest contract blunders in NFL history.

Lots of media people who know Colbert are basically insinuating Sanders is lying, which is my belief as well.

He’s about as credible as the toxic twins.

You can just tell he is lying. The timeline barely fits.

2013 was ABs first big yr. No way do I believe Colbert said that to Sanders.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The Steelers suck at drafting CB. I don't know why people continue to want them to do it again.

The last few times they burned early picks on the secondary, they ended up with Artie Burns, Sean Davis, and Terrell Edmunds. They're better off looking to FA.

You forgot senquez gholson

Reactions: DanielPlainview

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Hard to remember a guy who never even saw the field

:nod:Even the practice field. But you have to wonder in this day and age when receivers are so big how effective a 5’ 8” corner will be. I’m sure there are some and someone will always point to Darrell Green etc. but today the odds are stack agst a guy that size.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Steelers almost made it through two days of March Madness without making national headlines for something unflattering. Maybe they will fly under the radar this weekend?

Please don’t eff up the draft.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Once the season starts and all the players are focusing on the season the hot takes will stop.

Then if we do well while AB and Bell dont we look good.

If it's the opposite than we will he staring at more drama.

If all parties do well it will look good for everyone.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You can just tell he is lying. The timeline barely fits.

2013 was ABs first big yr. No way do I believe Colbert said that to Sanders.

His ex wife already accused him of lying to the Broncos about being at his child’s birth, but he was actually out partying. He also allegedly blew wads of cash on his side ladies, so no wonder he was demanding more money...

TMZ

Bell, Brown, Sanders and Harris... look at the characters of these guys and the lies they have been caught up in... yet the national media want their drama so...

It would be real entertainment if they were actually interviewed and asked to explain all of their lies and conflicting statements...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
His ex wife already accused him of lying to the Broncos about being at his child’s birth, but he was actually out partying. He also allegedly blew wads of cash on his side ladies, so no wonder he was demanding more money...

TMZ

Bell, Brown, Sanders and Harris... look at the characters of these guys and the lies they have been caught up in... yet the national media want their drama so...

It would be real entertainment if they were actually interviewed and asked to explain all of their lies and conflicting statements...
And maybe the team should stop drafting low character players.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And maybe the team should stop drafting low character players.

I don’t agree with that. There weren’t many red flags with these guys when they were drafted. It’s not like Cincy and KC that draft guys with major character concerns.

I think it’s Tomlins inability to create a culture of accountability and suddenly these guys get big heads when they are successful and Tomlin enables them.

And Art Jr sits back and allows it all. Something has to change, and I’m hoping this shit show off season is their wake up call, but hoping Tomlin fixes this situation and creates a true culture of accountability is... um, lets say something I’m quite skeptical of.

He’s arrogant and an enabler. Counting on him to fix the problem is like relying on a drug dealer to counsel a drug addict.

Reactions: John Titor and KIRK

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

TMZ

That's why the interviewers are specific. I'm sure all these guys told then exactly what they would and wouldnt answer.

And were told if any hard questions came up theyd walk.

They need to have Jim Rome asking them questions.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If it was only one player taking shots it wouldn’t be newsworthy, but when it’s someone new every week, the national media cares.

You have former dirt bag players taking jabs at the team and or sketchy Ben. Then you have the scummy Pouncey brothers coming to his defense. It’s just one big circus. This will continue until the draft, best case. I’m sure more stories will come out closer to training camp. I am sure Ben’s contract will drag on and cause issues somehow.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Not as long as Rooney JR. owns the team and can be walked easily.

Things will change now. They wanted to keep their rep as a team that treats players well. They could have easily traded Bell last year when he declined the first offer and we would have gotten a huge return(this was before all the drama) but they decided to try to make it work. Theyve went out of their way to treat players well. Unlike the Pats who dont care and guys still go there. Thats what winnjng does.

But anyway..i see a change now. Theyll adapt. No more loyalty these days. You trade the guys you know you wont be able to sign before it becomes an isssue. Keep the ones like Watt and Juju

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If it was only one player taking shots it wouldn’t be newsworthy but when it’s someone new every week, the national media cares.

You have former dirt bag players taking jabs at the team and or Ben. Then you have the scummy Pouncey brothers coming to his defense. It’s just one big circus.

Its easy when "looking" for it. There could be things said about every team that we dont hear about. These things are supposed to be kept quiet. But everyone is piling on.

And the fact there are mutliple players..they dont come off as "rats". This will die down..the current group of players we have are much more team players. Our Oline. The 2017 draft class. Even last year in Edmunds..Washington...high character guys. They will continue to draft those types.

Bush and Winovich would be great examples of that.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
No, he sounds like a former Steeler already...

Maybe a future Redskin, Jet, or Raider. The fluffing these guys must get from their agents and lickspittles. This guy's just drawing a large target on his back/chest/knee, etc.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's why the interviewers are specific. I'm sure all these guys told then exactly what they would and wouldnt answer.

And were told if any hard questions came up theyd walk.

They need to have Jim Rome asking them questions.

Ya that’s my exact point. They are given a forum to push their BS and the enabling continues.

If there was a slight pushback from any of the pushovers interviewing them, I’m sure the clowns would go all R Kelly.

Last edited:
Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Maybe a future Redskin, Jet, or Raider. The fluffing these guys must get from their agents and lickspittles. This guy's just drawing a large target on his back/chest/knee, etc.

It's funny dude goes from crying at the combine and looking humble to wanting to be Mr moneybags mcgee

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Like I said.. I'm good on Louisiana players after Bradshaw after retirement, Kennan Lewis, and Mike Wallace. Dude hasn't done one thing on the pro level and already thinking about a 100 million dollar contract.

Thinking about it is one thing. All the top guys do and are told it be their agents.

Dumb enough to say it to the media raises red flags.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Thinking about it is one thing. All the top guys do and are told it be their agents.

Dumb enough to say it to the media raises red flags.

Unless he's trying to fall to a better situation but I highly doubt that. Bad teams don't care anyways and will take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad